Post-Game Talk: Jets lose to Preds 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wrong to put all the blame on the refs here.

Yup that was the least disciplined I have seen our team in a long long time.....not lazy penalties we just got frustrated and lost our composure.

Learning game.......beat Carolina and go 6 in 5 please.......

And thank your gerts

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts (8.4)...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler - Hard working game for this line. Each of them missed a top scoring opportunity. Wheeler lost his cool.

Ehlers-Little-Laine - Better game for Ehlers. Laine struggled a bit with the board battles. He whiffed on a one-timer again. I think he's done that more this season than in the last two seasons combined. Little just doesn't make the critical plays to open space. Time to try Roslovic with those wingers.

Copp-Lowry-Tanev - Another great game. Their PK work was sensational, too. Lowry is outstanding.

Vesalainen-Roslovic-Perreault - I thought they had a good game and deserved more icetime in the first and third. Roslovic looks dangerous. KV had some nice smart plays.

7-33 Chiarot with the crucial bonehead error. Buff was out of control with his emotions and tried to do too much at times.

44-8 Outstanding game from Morrissey. Trouba is having a very strong start to the season.

70-57 Morrow with a strong game. Myers was okay... Moving the puck a bit better.

Hellebuyck was fine.

Jets need to grow up and play with more discipline.

Refs were bad, though.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He is seeing a dry spell like he has never seen before (his only goal was due to a deflection).

I don't see him getting out of this slump unless the lines get switched around. He seems to have settled down to a pace with Little and Ehlers, a pace that doesn't generate any offense for anybody. All three are to be blamed for the outcomes.

He seems to have become the odd man out in PP as well.
He needs to shoot better. His timing seems off.

Reactions: BullLund

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Refs definitely do share some blame. But I thought it was us more testing the refs once we'd taken a couple. And they kept calling it. Most of them were good calls. Would have been nice if they gave us a cheesy one back in between. But that's what happens when you beak them every time as you go to the box...

Undisciplined game but considering the circumstances, whatever.

Ehlers had a fire lit in his ass. He was awesome and needs to play that way more. Well, maybe dial it back 10% :laugh: That aggressive mentality is what he needs to be effective. But hes still young (and making big bucks)

Reactions: ps241

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Why is Ehlers dropping the gloves with a 4th liner like Sissons? If you are going to fight atleast take out another good player on their side out of the game and make them risk an injury. That said good for him for sticking up for himself, although not very smart, luckily no injury.

Not much to take out of that game. For positives, the first time this season Myers did not make me lose it during the game. Solid game by him. His 10 minute misconduct was hilarious, the ref deserved that one.

I was hoping for Buff to lay someone out once it was 3-0, a shame that did not happen.

Chiarot in the top-4 is unsustainable and it is bound to catch up to you. All that free capspace should have been utilized to acquire some top-4 LD help. Hamhuis would have looked great in a Jets jersey. Now they will overpay for that help at the deadline.

Little has 1 shot on net at 5 on 5 in 4 games this season. I have forgotten what it looks like to see Little shoot the puck.

Morrow is trying his best. I can respect that.

Reactions: ello

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Why is Ehlers dropping the gloves with a 4th liner like Sissons? If you are going to fight atleast take out another good player on their side out of the game and make them risk an injury. That said good for him for sticking up for himself, although not very smart, luckily no injury.

Not much to take out of that game. For positives, the first time this season Myers did not make me lose it during the game. Solid game by him. His 10 minute misconduct was hilarious, the ref deserved that one.

I was hoping for Buff to lay someone out once it was 3-0, a shame that did not happen.

Chiarot in the top-4 is unsustainable and it is bound to catch up to you. All that free capspace should have been utilized to acquire some top-4 LD help. Hamhuis would have looked great in a Jets jersey. Now they will overpay for that help at the deadline.

Little has 1 shot on net at 5 on 5 in 4 games this season. I have forgotten what it looks like to see Little shoot the puck.

Morrow is trying his best. I can respect that.
He was sticking up for himself, hopefully everyone would!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Quick thoughts (8.4)...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler - Hard working game for this line. Each of them missed a top scoring opportunity. Wheeler lost his cool.

Ehlers-Little-Laine - Better game for Ehlers. Laine struggled a bit with the board battles. He whiffed on a one-timer again. I think he's done that more this season than in the last two seasons combined. Little just doesn't make the critical plays to open space. Time to try Roslovic with those wingers.

Copp-Lowry-Tanev - Another great game. Their PK work was sensational, too. Lowry is outstanding.

Vesalainen-Roslovic-Perreault - I thought they had a good game and deserved more icetime in the first and third. Roslovic looks dangerous. KV had some nice smart plays.

7-33 Chiarot with the crucial bonehead error. Buff was out of control with his emotions and tried to do too much at times.

44-8 Outstanding game from Morrissey. Trouba is having a very strong start to the season.

70-57 Morrow with a strong game. Myers was okay... Moving the puck a bit better.

Hellebuyck was fine.

Jets need to grow up and play with more discipline.

Refs were bad, though.

Great recap. I think this version of our 4th line can start logging minutes. Roslovic seems to be getting better and more dangerous each game. Tough to get them minutes when we feel like victims and make a bad night a write off by totally losing our shit. I am running out of superlatives for Copp Lowry and Tanev.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
He was sticking up for himself, hopefully everyone would!

I think he is frustrated and took it out on the guy he was fighting. He was just looking for an excuse to fight, and this guy gave it to him.

Never figured Ehlers for a tough guy, but he is pretty tough. Some pretty big hits by him too, Laine as well.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Stastny hasn't been that great for the Knights from what I hear, he's also out with an injury right now

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Stastny hasn't been that great for the Knights from what I hear, he's also out with an injury right now

Dodged a bullet there, maybe.

The Jets run could have been his last hurrah (to get signed for a fresh contract).

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
I think he is frustrated and took it out on the guy he was fighting. He was just looking for an excuse to fight, and this guy gave it to him.

Never figured Ehlers for a tough guy, but he is pretty tough. Some pretty big hits by him too, Laine as well.
It’s only a matter of time someone bites on Laine too, That kid probably packs a wallop too.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Laine also needs to crash down on the net when there are shots and rebounds. He always hangs back. He'll score more if he tries to get some rebounds, too.

Alot of them play timid right now, especially Laine and Ehlers. Part of that is how they like to play but I think alot of it is confidence, they got their marching orders and they're constantly worried about seeing less ice time if they don't get back on defense quick enough or blow something. You can see the lack confidence when they're constantly making those safe plays, not chasing the puck properly on offense, just hesitating on everything offensive an extra second or just abandoning the attempt all together. You can see it in the stats too, that 2nd line is a non-event line once again, somehow Laine is still even in +/- despite him scoring one goal and the line not producing anything while some of the games have been pretty lopsided on the scoreboard

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ehlers 1 goal in his past 28 games. Did I hear this right on the 1290 post game??

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Laine also needs to crash down on the net when there are shots and rebounds. He always hangs back. He'll score more if he tries to get some rebounds, too.
I honestly think he’s being told to play defense first. He doesn’t get low at all. He never played like that before.

Someday they have to let him free.

Reactions: grey area

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
It’s only a matter of time someone bites on Laine too, That kid probably packs a wallop too.

Taller guys usually have the advantage. I recall him having a little scrap with some Russian kid, in Junior championships, but it didn't amount to much of a fight.

Overall I think Laine prefers talking trash, to fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad