Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Problem
Screenshot_20181011-220433.png

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
At this point the Jets will probably be dropping off K Ves in the beginning of November, Little as a second line centre didn't work last year and hasn't started on the right foot this year, Laine is skating great putting the puck in the net not so great, Wheeler with his notorious slow start, Ehlers still un packing his bags, Morrissey is the heart of the D, generally everything will be smoothed over when they start scoring..................they will start scoring won't they?

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio:
Players: Wheeler, Byfuglien & Scheifele.

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: How does he manage the bench when the penalties are called against them like that? How does he break down the penalties that were called? Can he recall a game with eight straight penalties against? Thoughts on the Jets 5 on 5 play? Challenges with puck management. On the emotion shown by his players (i.e Ehlers dropping the gloves). Can this game be a rallying point? Did he say much going into the 3rd period?

To listen click here.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Laine is getting too predictable just waiting for the one timers.
Teams and goalies already know that it is coming.

Time for him to be aggressive like Connor and be less predictable by changing his game up.

In his good days (which seem to be fewer and fewer these days), he has been able to do that. When PP was actually effective, he was switching sides more frequently and the PP overall was more mobile. Right now it's stationary as hell. I don't understand why the power-play has regressed, but it has.

Laine should try to get in front of the net more and just generally place himself in more unorthodox positions, when the occasion calls for it. Otherwise it's relatively easy to take him out of the game with a dedicated defender watching over him.

Reactions: Se829ne

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
At some point Laine has to be able to do something on is own. If we are going to pay him $9-10 M it will be tough to also pay for a center to carry him.
Maybe he could get it together if he would get more ice time? Playing Wheeler when he is gassed late in the third makes such stupid sense. Same way we lost the playoffs.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Get KUli in as soon as he is 100 percent for Chairot or Morrow but prefer Chairot. And the Ves games need to end. He is not ready and we would benefit more from Dano or Lemiuex playing those 5-8 minutes.

Yeah I agree, Ves needs to go back down and bring one of the other ones up. Give him the minutes in the A. And Kuli can't get back fast enough, Chia is bad

Reactions: bustamente

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Get KUli in as soon as he is 100 percent for Chairot or Morrow but prefer Chairot. And the Ves games need to end. He is not ready and we would benefit more from Dano or Lemiuex playing those 5-8 minutes.

Pretty much agree with this
Vesa can get some training in the AHL and Dano can enter the lineup
Unfortunately we basically have two #6 defencemen playing right now. Either Kuli should replace one or a move should be made.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
2 goals in the last 3 games is a little concerning. Not enough to worry just yet since it's only been 4 games but I expect the blender treatment for our lines next game. I'm expecting:

Ehlers - Scheif - Wheeler
Connor - Little - Laine
CLT
Perreault - Roslovic - Dano/Lemieux

Defence really depends on who is healthy at this point.

dratbunnies

Nov 23, 2009
Winnipeg Manitoba
Relax guys, my goodness :laugh: I saw some very nice play by the Jets today. We are not a one line team, we are not offensively inept, we are not the one and only team not to improve over the offseason, we can just relax a little.

We are 4 games into a season. We are 2-2. We have had good moments, we have had bad moments. We will have more of each haha. Nashville is a damn good team. We played them pretty evenly 5 on 5, we played damn well on the PK. We generated offence, but did not have enough opportunities to score, for obvious reasons.

We are a damn good team. We played an overall poor game. If anyone wants to argue otherwise, I could definitely save money on electricity by using your hot takes to warm my house ;)

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I agree with the Little Scheif swap.... will not happen but I think it would help out Laine and Little both. Wheeler is the guy Little needs and even Connor. And Scheif is the creative driver Laine needs. If not may as well try Roslo for a game if it is a disaster adjust and go from there. Little Perreault and Dano or Lemuiex could be a fast and fiesty "4th" line that should destroy matchups.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Just need Laine to get interviewed and say he's the worst or something to get him going.

Reactions: Afterburner

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
In his good days (which seem to be fewer and fewer these days), he has been able to do that. When PP was actually effective, he was switching sides more frequently and the PP overall was more mobile. Right now it's stationary as hell. I don't understand why the power-play has regressed, but it has.

Laine should try to get in front of the net more and just generally place himself in more unorthodox positions, when the occasion calls for it. Otherwise it's relatively easy to take him out of the game with a dedicated defender watching over him.

Laine has to move around way more and not just hang out on the left side waiting for one timers.
When most goalies know that his shot is coming they are in position to make the easy save especially when they have a clear view of the shot.

He is much better than he is currently playing and should be scoring in bunches or at least be a threat.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Laine's best asset is that all you have to do is get him the puck anywhere in the offensive zone and he can score from there. He doesn't need to drive the net or play like Kyle f***ing Connor. Use his elite ability as a weapon or demand him to use his more lackluster skills and watch him get nothing done. Shouldn't be so f***ing hard to put the puck into a players stick. He's been pretty damn successful doing things like that so far.

When Laine went on to his insane scoring streak last season, they used him in the second wave very cleverly and it worked.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

They look like they are playing how they’ve been coached instead of using some creativity in the heat of the moment. Very regimented.

We all know what they’re going to do. Don’t you think that our opposition does as well?

I’m 55 years old and don’t play hockey. I could get over to be in place for a laine shot by the time a pass gets to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad