Post-Game Talk: Jets lose to Preds 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Totally agree. Whatever it takes to increase Laine's TOI, it needs to happen. Not saying that he should replace Connor on the top line just yet though, right now Connor is often looking a lot better out there on that line than Wheeler. Going to sound like a Laine booster, but whatever it takes to free Laine, its high time already.
Usually when players play bad they aren't rewarded for it with a spot on the top line replacing the guy who has been our best forward on the season.

Just sayin

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
TSN just apologized to Myers & the Jets organization on Sports Centre for their post game reports following Thursdays game on Sports Centre, Jay & Dan & their online coverage on tsn.ca

Apparently they used footage & interviews from the playoffs in their post game reports. Anyone catch exactly what they are referring to?

"On Thursday night TSN produced & aired highlights of the Winnipeg's Jets/Nashville Pedators game on Sports Centre, SC with Jay & Dan, TSN.ca & TSN social media accounts. Due to an error dated post game reaction of Jets defensemen Tyler Myers during last years playoffs was used. We apologize to Myers & the Winnipeg Jets organization for our mistake. Accurate reporting is extremely important to us as well as the players teams & fans & we will works to ensure these types of errors do not occur in the future."

Last edited:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
TSN just apologized to Myers & the Jets organization on Sports Centre for their post game reports following Thursdays game on Sports Centre, Jay & Dan & their online coverage on tsn.ca

Apparently they used footage & interviews from the playoffs in their post game reports. Anyone catch exactly what they are referring to?

"On Thursday night TSN produced & aired highlights of the Winnipeg's Jets/Nashville Pedators game on Sports Centre, SC with Jay & Dan, TSN.ca & TSN social media accounts. Due to an error dated post game reaction of Jets defensemen Tyler Myers during last years playoffs was used. We apologize to Myers & the Winnipeg Jets organization for our mistake. Accurate reporting is extremely important to us as well as the players teams & fans & we will works to ensure these types of errors do not occur in the future."

They mentioned it on 1290 yesterday. In the old interview Myers was critical of the refs. Not sure how they can accidentally play a five-month-old clip. With that kind of talent they could be refs themselves.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Not good on TSN's part - I'd assume that the league would have investigated Myers / the Jets for comments critical of the refereeing, so that could have been a situation where they'd feel a fine was warranted. Good of them to come clean.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
They mentioned it on 1290 yesterday. In the old interview Myers was critical of the refs. Not sure how they can accidentally play a five-month-old clip. With that kind of talent they could be refs themselves.

...and a five month-old clip that originated on another network.

Appears to be a deliberate attempt to misconstrue events to fit a narrative.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Go watch Ovie highlights from recent year. GO watch him sit on that ****ing dot and wait for his elite playmaking centers to dish the god damn puck into his stick. It works. And it's insane how well it works.

Laine is definitely not Ovechkin and Little is definitely not the centerman to pass him that puck for the easy one timer.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Laine is definitely not Ovechkin and Little is definitely not the centerman to pass him that puck for the easy one timer.
Laine's ability to shoot the puck from the same spots as Ovie does isn't any worse. I'm not saying he's Ovechkin. What's so hard to understand about this?

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Laine's ability to shoot the puck from the same spots as Ovie does isn't any worse. I'm not saying he's Ovechkin. What's so hard to understand about this?

What is easy for Ovechkin is not easy for Laine.

The type of consistent player Ovechkin is now is what Laine could be in time with hard work.

That is all I am saying.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

Well, Mark Wheeler better have something to say about this!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Blake Wheeler so far has not been earning his new contract. He has been taking too many penalties and hasn't produced enough points. I hope this is not another Little signing. Where instead of say spending more money to lock Morrissey on a long term deal they spent it on an older vet. Hopefully I am wrong. Also so far Helly looks well on his way to earning his big raise.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

That is the only thing. Ovechkin can retrieve pucks on his own. Ovechkin forechecks and hits and can bring the puck over the blueline and find a shooting lane himself. Laine needs to be spoon fed at this point or else he is just a PP player..... in saying that, if he needs to be spon fed, but him with Scheifele and try that. I don't get it. Work with
What you got and try to get the most out of
Players

Reactions: Jack722

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
I don't think Laine needs anything spoon fed; no one was saying all of this stuff when he was playing on other lines. I think the line he's on just doesn't work that well so none of them have the opportunity to do that stuff.

You can't just "go forecheck" by yourself or everyone in the NHL would be elite at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DashingDane

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Blake Wheeler so far has not been earning his new contract. He has been taking too many penalties and hasn't produced enough points. I hope this is not another Little signing. Where instead of say spending more money to lock Morrissey on a long term deal they spent it on an older vet.

You're probably wrong, but ...

;)

I'd wait until there's a bigger sample size - very early in the season, and 3 out of 4 games spent on the road against tough teams.

Reactions: Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You're probably wrong, but ...

;)

I'd wait until there's a bigger sample size - very early in the season, and 3 out of 4 games spent on the road against tough teams.
Your being such a YWG. But I probably am wrong but if this was his level of play all season 7.25 mil is an overpayment. You could say that about a lot of guys tho. I also don't think Ehlers has been worth 6 mil this season so far. Only good value so far other than Helly, Connor, schief is the CLT line and Mo.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Usually when players play bad they aren't rewarded for it with a spot on the top line replacing the guy who has been our best forward on the season.

Just sayin

Laine has not been playing bad. And in real reality, Connor hasn't done much more than Laine in those 4 games, and relative his usage, less.

It's not very common that Connor has 20 SH%, nor it's common Laine is having some 5 SH%.

Underlying "advanced stats wise" Laine has been better than Connor. Both have been some of the rare positive signals for this season in addition to CLT.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Laine will be more than fine but I am guessing this insane start from Matthews while carrying a 4th liner and his dad on his line has got to be especially tough to process for people who invested allot of their emotions in the great debate.

As Ducky10 said the season is still young though and Matthews probably won’t keep shooting 50% while carrying garbage.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not getting any PP's doesn't help Laine's goal production and with all the penalty killing we have had to do he isn't getting enough ice time either . I could care less what Mathews is doing and how many points he has , just care that the Jets win games .

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Laine has not been playing bad. And in real reality, Connor hasn't done much more than Laine in those 4 games, and relative his usage, less.

It's not very common that Connor has 20 SH%, nor it's common Laine is having some 5 SH%.

Underlying "advanced stats wise" Laine has been better than Connor. Both have been some of the rare positive signals for this season in addition to CLT.
I feel like you'd be a lot better off if you actually watched the games and not just the stat sheet

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not getting any PP's doesn't help Laine's goal production and with all the penalty killing we have had to do he isn't getting enough ice time either . I could care less what Mathews is doing and how many points he has , just care that the Jets win game .

The bolded is incredibly refreshing and I thank you.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad