Post-Game Talk: Jets lose to Preds 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Laine has to move around way more and not just hang out on the left side waiting for one timers.
When most goalies know that his shot is coming they are in position to make the easy save especially when they have a clear view of the shot.

He is much better than he is currently playing and should be scoring in bunches or at least be a threat.

I don't know why they stopped doing what they did last season with Laine switching sides occasionally. It seemed to be working, based on the results.

Right now he's just standing around waiting for a pass. I don't think that's all on him, it just seems like a part of the strategy right now, to have him be responsible for that lane, and nothing more. It's a very basic, one-dimensional strategy for NHL level, to be honest. Rudimentary, beer league level stuff.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I don't know why they stopped doing what they did last season with Laine switching sides occasionally. It seemed to be working, based on the results.

Right now he's just standing around waiting for a pass. I don't think that's all on him, it just seems like a part of the strategy right now, to have him be responsible for that lane, and nothing more. It's a very basic, one-dimensional strategy for NHL level, to be honest. Rudimentary, beer league level stuff.

Reflects the coach.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

It is a case of Laine being straight up lazy to be honest and waiting to pick cherries.

He is better than that.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
It is a case of Laine being straight up lazy to be honest and waiting to pick cherries.

He is better than that.

I don't know. Maybe it is. Or maybe it's just the strategy. He can't just move around on his own because of the position he occupies, he'd need someone to replace him. Obviously there's no coordination there, at the moment, perhaps by design.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I hate games like this, not because the Jets lost. When the refs decide they are going to put on a show it just kills it. The first 15 minutes was exciting back and forth hockey and had the makings of a great game. But the refs decide "nah, let's turn this into sludge". Disgraceful to the league.

One positive, the penalty killing was pretty great.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I don't know. Maybe it is. Or maybe it's just the strategy. He can't just move around on his own because of the position he occupies, he'd need someone to replace him. Obviously there's no coordination there, at the moment, perhaps by design.

4 games in so there is a lot of time to correct the way he is currently playing.

The rest of the team also needs to figure out how to score too and not just rely on Hellebuyck to save their ass every night.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Wheeler led, Jets continued the goonery. The original penalty he took was unwarranted. Would have been better off setting a calming tone to the game.

Honestly I think the team played great overall. It's hard to win a game that goes like that.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
4 games in so there is a lot of time to correct the way he is currently playing.

The rest of the team also needs to figure out how to score too and not just rely on Hellebuyck to save their ass every night.

Agreed. Laine stands out as the major case when it comes to not scoring, because of his goal scorer status, but there are a lot of other guys who haven't opened up scoring.

You expect a little something from Ehlers, Little, Perreault, and even the defensemen like Buff, Trouba, Myers.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Wheeler led, Jets continued the goonery. The original penalty he took was unwarranted. Would have been better off setting a calming tone to the game.

Honestly I think the team played great overall. It's hard to win a game that goes like that.
That’s the same game they play every time, The players are mad for some reason?

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Agreed. Laine stands out as the major case when it comes to not scoring, because of his goal scorer status, but there are a lot of other guys who haven't opened up scoring.

You expect a little something from Ehlers, Little, Perreault, and even the defensemen like Buff, Trouba, Myers.

The chemistry off the team is off right now.
We were a 4 line team last year with a good goalie.

When the Jets figure out their rhythm and start to gel the other team's net will be full of pucks.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Refs are definitely partly to blame. Hard to win when short handed for an entire period. In addition, Nashville was getting away with murder all game.

Still, no excuses: we are better than Nashville and have to overcome that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad