Post-Game Talk: Jets lose to Preds 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Laine where are you.

Time to score some ****ing goals.

He is seeing a dry spell like he has never seen before (his only goal was due to a deflection).

I don't see him getting out of this slump unless the lines get switched around. He seems to have settled down to a pace with Little and Ehlers, a pace that doesn't generate any offense for anybody. All three are to be blamed for the outcomes.

He seems to have become the odd man out in PP as well.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I say the Jets will take 75% of the points available in the next 20 games which will take us to the end of November.
I also think the Jets are going to steamroll Carolina.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He is seeing a dry spell like he has never seen before (his only goal was due to a deflection).

I don't see him getting out of this slump unless the lines get switched around. He seems to have settled down to a pace with Little and Ehlers, a pace that doesn't generate any offense for anybody. All three are to be blamed for the outcomes.

He seems to have become the odd man out in PP as well.

Laine is getting too predictable just waiting for the one timers.
Teams and goalies already know that it is coming.

Time for him to be aggressive like Connor and be less predictable by changing his game up.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Where is the Proffesor to preach on Laines behalf?
Telling it to trained professionals:laugh:
tenor.gif

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
If the first line doesnt score the Jets dont score. We dallas boys

I know and Scheif and Wheels run the team so you can't change that line or they will be unhappy so Maurice is scared to touch it. That leaves us with ELL or PLE, or swap Little and Roslo as the only possible options really. 1 more left to try, and after that does not work because Ehlers and Laine should not be together either then he will be forced

Reactions: sipowicz

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Odd start to the season for sure. Doesn't seem to be the same resilient squad as last year. Not jumping out to leads, hasn't felt like they can score from anywhere. Only four games in but team looks disjointed and out of sync in much the same way they did in the Vegas series. Hopefully some practice and the home stand help to turn the tide or we could be in for a clench-worthy few months.

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
Preds were better and smart tonight. Ya ya refs but Jets made it easy by losing their cool. How the hell are they a two line team ? So much skill wtf is going on ? This isn't getting better with Little at C who has gone off a cliff. What a crap deal that has become. So what now ? 27-28-29 ?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I know and Scheif and Wheels run the team so you can't change that line or they will be unhappy so Maurice is scared to touch it. That leaves us with ELL or PLE, or swap Little and Roslo as the only possible options really. 1 more left to try, and after that does not work because Ehlers and Laine should not be together either then he will be forced
What a chicken shit of a coach he is, then.

Gonna be a sad season without changes. That first line isn't even as good as what Dallas/Colorado/Boston has...

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Zero run support. Scheif line is dead by mid third and still get the lion's share of icetime.

Who can we target for a 2C

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
PoMo's one response to managing lines with all the penalties and to those that didn't see ice time and sat on the bench because of that.
"Drinkin' hot chocolate, trying to stay warm":laugh:

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
What a chicken **** of a coach he is, then.

Gonna be a sad season without changes. That first line isn't even as good as what Dallas/Colorado/Boston has...

Need to find a way to get the most out of more of our players. I see about 5 different options to do that if he splits up the top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad