Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Or Chipman can spend some of his expansion money and make some upgrades to the cooling system. Thought they upgradedd the ice plant back in 2011, sure can’t tell! I’m mean it’s Winnipeg, coldest city in the world with a rink with the worst ice!

They just have to permit fan re-entry again so all that cold air outside can blow in and turn the lower bowl into a deep freeze.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Matty's a bit pricey at this point - as noted by several, he's lost a lot of his offensive game.
I love Matty but he's one of the guys I see as a must move for next season - but moving that contract won't be easy.
His offensive touch is missing right now but he's still someone i'd hate to play against , seems like he's always pissing off someone from the opposing team . :laugh:

Reactions: LowLefty

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If only we had one of this generations most prolific scorers on our team so we could stack a line when we need a goal. A guy can dream.
Ya i gotta say i defend Maurice alot but i'm not understanding him at least giving Laine a shot with Scheif especially in a game like last night when nothing was going in the net for them .

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Ya i gotta say i defend Maurice alot but i'm not understanding him at least giving Laine a shot with Scheif especially in a game like last night when nothing was going in the net for them .
He has made every single change except that one in almost two years? Not sure when the last time schief laine we’re together?

There is something going on there.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
His offensive touch is missing right now but he's still someone i'd hate to play against , seems like he's always pissing off someone from the opposing team . :laugh:
417 forwards have played 100 or more 5v5 minutes this year. You could split them up in 13 groups of 31, which kind of makes sense, given the amount of forwards in a roster.

Perreault is 164th in 5v5 points/60, which *roughly* makes him a top 6 producer. This is despite the fact that his usage has been crap and his linemates have been sub-optimal.

Also, a bit of trivia: guess who leads the Jets?

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
417 forwards have played 100 or more 5v5 minutes this year. You could split them up in 13 groups of 31, which kind of makes sense, given the amount of forwards in a roster.

Perreault is 164th in 5v5 points/60, which *roughly* makes him a top 6 producer. This is despite the fact that his usage has been crap and his linemates have been sub-optimal.

Also, a bit of trivia: guess who leads the Jets?
My guess , Little

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
My guess , Little
You'd be correct.

Small sample sizes and all that, but Perreault's nine points in 28 don't tell you nearly enough. Connor and Laine are very close to PPG pace and aren't all that far from Perreault's production (1.71 P/60, BTW).

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You'd be correct.

Small sample sizes and all that, but Perreault's nine points in 28 don't tell you nearly enough. Connor and Laine are very close to PPG pace and aren't all that far from Perreault's production (1.71 P/60, BTW).
Oooooo , what did i win ? :laugh: Little is the most under rated player on our board and one of the most under rated players in the league if you ask me .

Reactions: Jet

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Did lemmy had to play because he was shown on the Canadian beer commercials?

Good on St louis they taught our whole team a very great lesson...

We will learn from last night!

We need different power plays in our play book like more skating around also how about no one over 28 plays on the power play? and give that a try as well...

Go :jets Go

Reactions: GNP

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
Now, who could we possibly play him with... I wonder...

My idea for a lineup hasn't changed since the start of the year (outside of now adding Appleton to the mix) though I suspect that Perreault would never get moved up like this since he's not someone the coach needs to worry about pleasing.

Perreault - Scheif - Laine
Ehlers - Little - Wheels
Connor - Roslovic - Appleton
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

I think Perreault can be more effective 5 on 5 than Wheeler, and Wheeler has proven chemistry with Little. This looks pretty balanced to me...

cdem72

Oct 27, 2017
Jets played well.

Blues played well.

Helly played well,

Allen played great.

Nothing else to say really.

Just one more thing: Blues have provided a blueprint to shut down the Jets PP. Active sticks, and close checking on 55, 26 and 29 results in no shots on net because we just move the puck the outside. The coaches and veterans can take the blame for not changing up the PP when same old-same-old wasn't working. Their keeper standing on his head didn't help, either, LOL!

Reactions: Robinson2187

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
The Blues did their homework on the Jets PP and figure out how to close the passing lanes and blocked a lot of shots I think Wheeler has to use Buff or Connor more as pass option rather than to sauce it to Scheif or Laine for the one timer

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Oilers fan here, what happened to the Connor-Laine experiment? It seemed like they were unstoppable.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
One guy who should really practise his shot after that game is Scheif; when your 1# center has a billion open scoring opportunities and fans most of them, you know it's gonna be a hard night

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The Blues did their homework on the Jets PP and figure out how to close the passing lanes and blocked a lot of shots I think Wheeler has to use Buff or Connor more as pass option rather than to sauce it to Scheif or Laine for the one timer

People have been doing homework on the Washington Capitals power-play for years, and they still score a pile of points. One game does not a significant sample size make.

Reactions: Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Oilers fan here, what happened to the Connor-Laine experiment? It seemed like they were unstoppable.

They've generally created some pretty good chances that should have gone in but have not had as much zone time like they did in the games when they were lighting the other team up. One of the forwards or the d-men always seem to flub the puck away when that line appears to be on a dangerous rush and then they spend the rest of the shift trying to get it out of their end and then they change. Rinse... repeat. Laine hit a post last night and Connor and Little seemed close on some looks. We just need a bounce to go their way. Maurice also insists on shifting back to Ehlers-Little-Laine each game if were not winning half way through.

Getting Morrissey back on Sunday will make the whole team look a lot better.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Form a solid 4th line (with 4th line minutes) with Tanev - Lowry - Lemieux.

We have enough fire power to form three great offensive lines with minutes dealt pretty evenly with these players :

Scheifele
Little
Roslovic
(Lowry)

Laine
Wheeler
Connor
Ehlers
Perreault
Appleton
Copp (once back)
(Petan)

Share the talent between lines, break the Scheifele-Wheeler duo for once and let's see what happens. Also, I wouldn't mind putting Lowry with more talented wingers but that means we need someone to jump to 4th line center position.

No way is Lowry's ice time getting cut down like this.
Try again.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
He has made every single change except that one in almost two years? Not sure when the last time schief laine we’re together?

There is something going on there.

2 periods before the Finland trip with Laine on LW.
2 periods later last year again on LW with Scheif and Wheeler.

Plus the 3rd period of the game before the one this year.
Other then that it is the PP and...
I have noticed several shifts where it seemed like Little changed early and Connor and Laine stayed out for another 10 - 20 seconds with Scheifele (depending on what was happening with the puck).

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017

Connor and Laine went dry, and Little regressed to his usual level.

I knew it was only going to be a temporary deal. Little isn't a true 2nd center at this point, and Connor/Ehlers/Laine are extremely streaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad