Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
In my opinion this was maybe our best game this season except scoring part. If we don't score we should point our big guns like Laine Scheif and Wheeler. But they also had solid game.

My favourite Jets today were Myers Buff Kulikov Appleton and Lemieux. These all had solid game. If we continue playing like this but add scoring I'm happy.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Form a solid 4th line (with 4th line minutes) with Tanev - Lowry - Lemieux.

We have enough fire power to form three great offensive lines with minutes dealt pretty evenly with these players :

Scheifele
Little
Roslovic
(Lowry)

Laine
Wheeler
Connor
Ehlers
Perreault
Appleton
Copp (once back)
(Petan)

Share the talent between lines, break the Scheifele-Wheeler duo for once and let's see what happens. Also, I wouldn't mind putting Lowry with more talented wingers but that means we need someone to jump to 4th line center position.

Lowry isn't a 4th line centre

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Back to that dry wELL. Maybe it's time Wheeler takes a turn. See if a change can get him scoring some goals. Zero finish so far over 1/3 into the season.

Shot attempts/goals 5on5

1.Wheeler 94/2
2.Laine 93/9
3.Ehlers 92/6
4.Connor 87/3
5.Scheifele 69/10

% of shot attempts go in

Scheifele 14.49%
Laine 9.68%
Ehlers 6.52%
Connor 3.45%
Wheeler 2.13%

Scheifele has 10 5on5 goals this season in 28gp vs 10 5on5 goals last season in 60gp.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This game was the law of averages game , Jets played good but nothing was going in . 8 goals the last time we played the Blues and it looked easy for Laine and the Jets , yesterday the Jets worked hard but nothing worked , it happens . If the Jets played every game like last night they will definitely win alot more than they lose . Kulikov and Buff both played good , hope Morrissey is back Sunday though .

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Game must have looked different on TV. In the rink the team looked flat, lots of missed passes, passing on chances to shoot, etc. When it was obvious that the Blues had taken away Sheifele and Laine, I don't know why Buff wasn't clapping bombs from the point. It almost looked like he was instructed not to shoot.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Game must have looked different on TV. In the rink the team looked flat, lots of missed passes, passing on chances to shoot, etc. When it was obvious that the Blues had taken away Sheifele and Laine, I don't know why Buff wasn't clapping bombs from the point. It almost looked like he was instructed not to shoot.
Felt the same way about the NY games, 1st and 2nd periods for both games were meh live.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Even though Lemieux played better i would rather Petan played over him , he often looks slow and seems to get tired fast . It's not like he is hitting alot either so i'm not seeing the benefit of him over Petan . :dunno:

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
The team seems to take their cue from Buff. When he is playing what I think of as a "cerebral" game where it seems he tries to slow things down the result is usually the same as last night. The rest of the team follows his lead and does the same - taking too long to shoot, making one too many passes, and more importantly taking almost all the motion out of the power play. I also didn't need to see Ehlers repeatedly skating circles in the offensive zone. I think the game would have looked as lot different with Buff out and Morrissey in.

Highway1

Jan 9, 2017
Jets played a good game last night. Sometimes hockey is a game of bounces and last night those bounces weren’t going our way. I liked the game from most of our Defense and Hellebuyck was strong.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
This was just one of those games that shows you the NHL is a game of inches. Scheifele had a couple of good chances he didn't bury (including one with the EN) and Kulikov rang one off the post. Allen did have a good game, as well.

Parayko's goal was fluky but that's hockey. This was a decidedly meh game outside of the PP, which was pretty bad.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if the Jets performance was thrown off somewhat by the physical play of St. Louis and against Laine in particular? Although Hellebuyck had a good game only allowing one goal, it was unusual for the Jets to not muster more offense in a game where they were coming off a successful 3 game road trip and had the opportunity to get within a point of both the Predators and Avalanche.

:jets

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Nothing wrong with this performance. PP should have scored at least one. Laine and Scheif got at least 4-5 looks in total. However, they should do have a plan B, or mode B to use if the PP seems ineffective. Connor shooting in tight somehow instead of being below the goal line or something.

Getting real tired of the same old line changes. How is Wheeler going to look come playoff time? It's early in the season yet but not that early.

Let's bust out the Chef-Laine combo if things are looking that way. This is getting a bit old now.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wonder if the Jets performance was thrown off somewhat by the physical play of St. Louis and against Laine in particular? Although Hellebuyck had a good game only allowing one goal, it was unusual for the Jets to not muster more offense in a game where they were coming off a successful 3 game road trip and had the opportunity to get within a point of both the Predators and Avalanche.

:jets

I don’t think it was the early physicality the Jets seemed unfazed by that it was just one of those nights when a goalie got hot and a humiliated team avenged a horrific game. Hockey gods evened things up.

Reactions: LowLefty

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Perreault just strikes me as a guy who doesn’t expect to score anymore. A couple times last night he started a good rush with Ehlers and then just blindly drove the net while Ehlers carried the puck and opened up space in the slot for Perreault. Then when he passed for Perreault to have that shot in perfect position Perreault had already crashed the crease and we lost a scoring chance.

Maybe Perreault is too used to playing bottom 6 now, but his offensive instincts sure are sliding fast.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Perreault just strikes me as a guy who doesn’t expect to score anymore. A couple times last night he started a good rush with Ehlers and then just blindly drove the net while Ehlers carried the puck and opened up space in the slot for Perreault. Then when he passed for Perreault to have that shot in perfect position Perreault had already crashed the crease and we lost a scoring chance.

Maybe Perreault is too used to playing bottom 6 now, but his offensive instincts sure are sliding fast.

Matty's a bit pricey at this point - as noted by several, he's lost a lot of his offensive game.
I love Matty but he's one of the guys I see as a must move for next season - but moving that contract won't be easy.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I don’t think it was the early physicality the Jets seemed unfazed by that it was just one of those nights when a goalie got hot and a humiliated team avenged a horrific game. Hockey gods evened things up.

Exactly. If anything, the Blues played better when they slowed up on the physicality. They focused a bit more on hockey instead of trying to beat up the other team.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Does it really kill Maurice to try Laine in Wheelers spot with Scheif, when he wants to try to juggle combinations to get scoring going. ELL doesn't work, how many times does it have to get through his thick skull...

If only we had one of this generations most prolific scorers on our team so we could stack a line when we need a goal. A guy can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad