Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am surprised that no one has brought this up yet:
Teams have figured out our PP.
We MUST make adjustments-more movement & dynamics is required.

St Louis basically blocked every shot with 4 players in front of their net at all times.

Any shot that made it through the goalie got it or it hit the goal post.

They played perfect defense.

Reactions: GNP

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Here’s a preview of Sunday’s GDT
acclaim.svg

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Good game by the Blues. Jets just could not finish their grade A chances tonight. A couple of posts one tough penalty and goal and that's how she goes.

Some notes:

Kulikov looked strong. That pairing was good.

When Morrissey comes back I don't know if it should be Benny or Niku that comes out of the lineup . I think it will be Niku out, Chiarot was a little rattled tonight, but he's harder to play against. Once we get 7 in the rotation I think there will be progress, from internal pressure.

Perreault-Roslovic-Apples is a good line. Lemieux is just too slow to be impactful on that line. Though he did some good things tonight in the offensive zone.

I am not overly impressed with Matty in a defensive role. If Copp is out for awhile, why not call up Logan Shaw? He's on fire. He can skate and create the havoc we want, for a strong cycle game. Since we are auditioning players for starting and reserve roles.

A lag after a road trip is common. I expect a jumpstart next game.

Reactions: Jet and Deedog99

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I am surprised that no one has brought this up yet:
Teams have figured out our PP.
We MUST make adjustments-more movement & dynamics is required.
I've maybe brought it up half a dozen times this week....:nod:

Reactions: surixon

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I agree -MP is good, hustles hard, but really can't score anymore. For a guy that's paid $ 4.5 mil per year --we can do way better. He should be at $ 1.5 to 2 mil per year-"tops" IMO.

He used to have a decent wrister. He just isn't much of a threat to score anymore. I'd keep him around for a playoff run, a last kick at the can. Then move him out, because as stated we can bring in the same production for $3 million less.

Reactions: GNP and Deedog99

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Whatcha gonna do? They were good, Allen was better.

On to the next. Hope Niku can stay up and get some more time, I feel he's not far away from turning a corner and really adding something to this team it could use more of.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If Myers could play like this everynight, the Jets would be golden. A couple of really nice back to back games by the big man, more of that please.

Speaking of Myers TIL Tyler Myers' brother is a hot prospect for the upcoming NBA draft, ironically though, his brother is shorter than Tyler :laugh: The brothers Myers-Grimes: How Tyler Myers and Quentin Grimes could become the first brothers to play in NHL and NBA

Buff gets criticized for shooting from the points too much on the PP but I was begging him to shoot tonight and hope for a deflection or a bounce when we were generating no shots on the last 3 PPs. This should be a learning moment for all those who criticize him for taking too many shots and not passing to Laine enough... almost seemed like he was deliberately not shooting to make a point to his detractors.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Damn I wish someone on our 3rd line had some actual offensive instincts. For as much toi as they get, and ad much zone time, it would be nice if they could convert a few more. Plenty of chances tonight.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Did you actually look at PP time and ES time? Or just blindly ignore the differences?

Still a lot of ice time.
Even removing the pp time :)

End of the game when your best players are chasing. That matters. Im ok with Schiefele as he is still young. Wheeler is at that age even at supreme athlete recovery period is slower.

It matters in all sports not just hockey.

Anyways 26mins is huge. You got no gas at the end.

Coach made his decision, nothing went in for the Jets. That how the ship sails.

But honestly that ice time is insane.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Four measly pages of PGT after a home shutout loss, lean times...

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
If Myers could play like this everynight, the Jets would be golden. A couple of really nice back to back games by the big man, more of that please.

Speaking of Myers TIL Tyler Myers' brother is a hot prospect for the upcoming NBA draft, ironically though, his brother is shorter than Tyler :laugh: The brothers Myers-Grimes: How Tyler Myers and Quentin Grimes could become the first brothers to play in NHL and NBA

Buff gets criticized for shooting from the points too much on the PP but I was begging him to shoot tonight and hope for a deflection or a bounce when we were generating no shots on the last 3 PPs. This should be a learning moment for all those who criticize him for taking too many shots and not passing to Laine enough... almost seemed like he was deliberately not shooting to make a point to his detractors.
Crazy article.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Damn I wish someone on our 3rd line had some actual offensive instincts. For as much toi as they get, and ad much zone time, it would be nice if they could convert a few more. Plenty of chances tonight.

I do agree with you Ducky 10- that 3rd line all has "stone hands" and can't score even if the opposing Goaltender helped them. Although they are a good shutdown line, I would not mind seeing them being moved down to the 4th line with less minutes, and the 4th line guys moved up to the 3rd line with more minutes.

I think it would work out quite well actually, as I just have never believed to have guys on the ice that cannot score, irregardless of how much they hustle, and play good defensive hockey. I'm sure that 4th line can play that style as well - all good skaters, plus they have offensive upside.

Last edited:

nippanappa

Nov 26, 2018
Form a solid 4th line (with 4th line minutes) with Tanev - Lowry - Lemieux.

We have enough fire power to form three great offensive lines with minutes dealt pretty evenly with these players :

Scheifele
Little
Roslovic
(Lowry)

Laine
Wheeler
Connor
Ehlers
Perreault
Appleton
Copp (once back)
(Petan)

Share the talent between lines, break the Scheifele-Wheeler duo for once and let's see what happens. Also, I wouldn't mind putting Lowry with more talented wingers but that means we need someone to jump to 4th line center position.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Can’t lose to basement dwellers on home ice like that.

PP was a joke tonight.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
When Wheeler isn't going the team struggles on the PP. Wheeler had a few good moments but kept making the wrong move on the wall. They sure like to put Laine low on the PP...to get it to him Wheeler sends a waist high frisbee. I dunno. Good game from Niku, Myers, Chiarot. Chiarot seems to be serviceable this year which is good.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Did you notice how many times they blocked Laine’s shot on the power play by having a defender slide on the ice in front of him? I thought it was a pretty smart tactic as
It gave him no look at the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad