McKenzie: Jets likely pursuing Mark Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I honestly don't even know how to value laine anymore. Stone has been really good though.
Agreed but Chevy will know what his ask is. If Laine wants $10m and Stone is around $8-9m, you go with the sure thing at a lower price.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Agreed but Chevy will know what his ask is. If Laine wants $10m and Stone is around $8-9m, you go with the sure thing at a lower price.
100%. I agree on that. I highly doubt laine asks for that and to be honest I can see laine doing a bridge deal because of this year.

Reactions: PhilJets

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
100%. I agree on that. I highly doubt laine asks for that and to be honest I can see laine doing a bridge deal because of this year.
a bridge would be beneficial for both parties..... Laine asking for 10M while he's on pace for 50 pts is absurd even with his previous goal scoring dominance

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Then maybe start offering fair deals and you won't be stuck at the kiddy table anymore.
.yeah placing 2nd and being a top team is the kiddy table

Smart gms dont lose assets. They gain assets
If another team wants to dig their pockets deep, let them.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I'm convinced that if Stone is traded to Winnipeg it's with an extension is in place and the trade value will (obviously) reflect that

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
bums me out but it sounds like Niku is going to be put on display tonight, which may mean he is being offered up. (i don't really believe Buff is hurt)

Reactions: robertocarlos

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
bums me out but it sounds like Niku is going to be put on display tonight, which may mean he is being offered up. (i don't really believe Buff is hurt)

If you watched the last Jets game, he did injury his leg in the 3rd(?) period, and considering he was just out for an extended amount of time with a lower body injury, it's very likely that they're keeping Buff out due to injury. But you believe what you want.

Reactions: Snowman

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I am guessing you havent been following along. The agent is meeting with the teams at the same time. Its not for a rental. Its a sign and trade at this point.
Actually, if you had been following along you would have seen that being a sign and trade, doesn't raise his cost much at all. If Stone only will extend with Winnipeg, then the Jets just need too beat out the best rental offer, which won't include any players of the quality noted. So, unfortunately none of the 3 Jets players mentioned will be going to Ottawa.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Patrik Laine

for

Mark Stone (with extension)

Who says no.

(Not serious proposal, more curious)
Why would the jets do something so dumb. They could pay for stone as a rental then try and extend him till July 1st. If they can then they can trade laine for a boatload of players they never would have had. Doubt they trade laine regardless.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As a Jets fan I do this.
That's crazy.

Once again, if Stone wants to sign long term with the Jets they can simply acquire him for the appropriate UFA rental price and then extend his contract. It would be idiotic to trade a 20 year old scoring phenom for a UFA rental. The "signed" version isn't really worth more than unsigned, because the Jets can extend his contract the day after they acquire him.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
You don't get it.

The Jets could acquire Stone for the trade deadline UFA rental price, then extend his contract and trade Laine for a king's ransom in the offseason.
or trade KC and keep Stone/Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino