McKenzie: Jets likely pursuing Mark Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This I could see happening. I would love Stone in TB but I think he gets traded out west. Jets are a contender and he would help them tremendously.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Chances are Appleton goes. He's a filler piece in a larger deal, but talented, and he just can't break through the depth the Jets have. Especially once Ehler gets healthy.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’ve expected Stone more then Duchene to the Jets for a while now. Of course yet to be determined if he signs with Sens and if not what the cost would be.......but if the Jets do get him you can bet they will try very hard to sign him long term.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Personally, I’d rather have Duchene, but with Laine currently living somewhere deep up his own butt, I can see the argument for a winger.
Still, this doesn’t do a thing about the 2C issue.
Ultimately Chevy will do what he feels is best and in Chevy I trust!

Reactions: larmex99

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Personally, I’d rather have Duchene, but with Laine currently living somewhere deep up his own butt, I can see the argument for a winger.
Still, this doesn’t do a thing about the 2C issue.
Ultimately Chevy will do what he feels is best and in Chevy I trust!
There is no 2C issues, Little is playing well offensively.

There is a Laine issue, and Stone could help solve that. Stone is a much better player than Duchene imo.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
There is no 2C issues, Little is playing well offensively.

There is a Laine issue, and Stone could help solve that. Stone is a much better player than Duchene imo.
I disagree. That 2nd line needs a much better C than Little. Look at the difference in production between when that line had Stastny and when it has Little.
Little isn’t getting done. He’s passable, but far from ideal.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Chances are Appleton goes. He's a filler piece in a larger deal, but talented, and he just can't break through the depth the Jets have. Especially once Ehler gets healthy.

I say Ottawa should target Lemiux over Appelton, Tkachuk and Lemiux… oh man

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I disagree. That 2nd line needs a much better C than Little. Look at the difference in production between when that line had Stastny and when it has Little.
Little isn’t getting done. He’s passable, but far from ideal.
I agree that the line isn't working as well as possible, because Maurice is forcing Laine on Little. They are much better apart.

Little has the same amount of points as Laine with a fraction of the PP time. He's been good, Laine just doesn't work with him.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
There's this thing called a salary cap...

2015 interview with Mark Stone

Growing up, who was your favourite team? Until I was 4 it was the Jets. The only games we got were Calgary and Toronto in Winnipeg. Those were the two teams I watched the most, so I’d have to say they were my favourite

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I only want him if we are going to re-sign him.

Re-sign him, move Connor for a defensemen, trade Trouba for best assets possible.

Stone could be the perfect fit for Laine, amazing possession player who pushes play into the offensive zone.
connor will not get moved. the only player getting moved will be laine to the 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->