McKenzie: Jets likely pursuing Mark Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ottawa's not getting Glass, Brannstrom or Hague. They wouldn't move them for Karlsson or Pacioretty. They're not moving them for a rental.

Suzuki was the 4th best prospect and the only bluechipper they were willing to move.

Reactions: Snowman

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Lol terrible offer. Every team would beat that offer.
You're right, this is Stone we're talkin' 'bout. So the 1st, a 2nd, and one of Vesa/Roslo/Niku, and as a bonus we can throw in Perrault (with some cash) and Petan. That Cup is going to look good in the lobby.

Evanc23

Nov 20, 2018
I wasn't even in.

Getting flashbacks of Lightning fans telling Senators fans they're not getting Sergachev and Howden last year. When will you guys learn?
Lol, not our fault Dorion won't trade with a divisional rival or else he would've returned them.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I wasn't even in.

Getting flashbacks of Lightning fans telling Senators fans they're not getting Sergachev and Howden last year. When will you guys learn?

Ottawa apparently was offered Sergachev, but Melnyk nixed the deal because he didn't want Karlsson in the division.

People ridicule the return, and we all know it wasn't great, but Ottawa did get a prospect as good as Hague in Norris, a 24 year old 40 point roster player, a 1st and a 2nd.

So yes, if we're using the Karlsson trade as a barometer, Hague most definitely has to be one of the parts.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
You're right, this is Stone we're talkin' 'bout. So the 1st, a 2nd, and one of Vesa/Roslo/Niku, and as a bonus we can throw in Perrault (with some cash) and Petan. That Cup is going to look good in the lobby.
None of those players will move for a rental. None.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I predict Poolman , Petan and 2nd round draft pick at most for rental. If it’s a trade and sign then that’s different

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Whatever happens I think the Jets throw in Perrault and Petan. Because of the money Frenchie makes he is a negative and Petan balances it out. And we'd be doing Petan a favour.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Patrik Laine

for

Mark Stone (with extension)

Who says no.

(Not serious proposal, more curious)

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I don’t really care if the jets get him or not but if they do would the realistically be trying to sign him?
If the Jets can move Perreault, and if Stone takes a bit of a hometown discount, I think Chevy could make it happen. Other parts would have to move in the offseason as well, but I think it is doable. And keep in mind Laine is looking more like a $6-7 mill bridge versus as $10m+ long term deal this offseason. And if he holds out, well that's just fine because we're winning without him now anyway.

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad