McKenzie: Jets likely pursuing Mark Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
The Jets are not making "Meh" offers (as far as we know), posters of a message board are. What random fans on here think the Jet should offer for Stone has nothing to do with what the Jets would actually offer, or why we are bitter towards Vegas.

This needs to be stickied on every page of the trade boards. Half of the time this place reads like they've got Kevin Cheveldayoff or whoever else's direct line. Along these lines is the other problem where posters oversell their players like crazy, I swear they think they are influencing trade value.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
If Glass or Brannstrom are available then i don't see the Jets topping that. Hague vs Niku we can agree to disagree, though im biased there. But if they were not available for Karlsson, are they going to be available for Stone without an extension in place? I dont think so

Yeah I don't think Glass will be available. And I don't think Brannstrom was unavailable in EK talks, not that I saw anyways. He should be available here but we'll see.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
If Glass or Brannstrom are available then i don't see the Jets topping that. Hague vs Niku we can agree to disagree, though im biased there. But if they were not available for Karlsson, are they going to be available for Stone without an extension in place? I dont think so
I think Stone was willing to sign to Vegas. The agm is his friend. Now Tampa push hard to a deal Stone with Ceci

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's true. Tried to cock block us on Brassard, then broke our backs anyway in the playoffs.

It wouldn't have had to come to this if True North had hired Kelly McCrimmon. Now he works tirelessly to sabotage the Jets and Cheveldayoff. You think this is gonna stop at Hnidy and Lawless? Think again.

Just like Yzerman having it out for the Habs, because they wouldn't hire him on account of the fact that he doesn't speak French.

Seriously though McCrimmon used to coach Stone. It's not surprising he wants to get him. All your Manitobans are belong to VGK.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah , no. Like throwing out completely over blown takes instead of being accurate?
It’s been shown in the past that what he provides compared to what he costs isn’t worth it. You may disagree, and that’s fine, but it can be reasonably suggested that we would get more value AND better play by a player on their ELC.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Vegas doesn’t make it out of its own division this year. The Jets are the least of their problems.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I’d rather have Duchene anyway, so could care less if Vegas wants Stone. Actually, I’d rather Chevy not overpay for Stone after Vegas inflates the price.
Though i would love to see Chevy pull a Dave Hester on them. Crank up the price then drop it on them.... YUUUP

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
It wouldn't have had to come to this if True North had hired Kelly McCrimmon. Now he works tirelessly to sabotage the Jets and Cheveldayoff. You think this is gonna stop at Hnidy and Lawless? Think again.

Just like Yzerman having it out for the Habs, because they wouldn't hire him on account of the fact that he doesn't speak French.

Seriously though McCrimmon used to coach Stone. It's not surprising he wants to get him. All your Manitobans are belong to VGK.

This is an angle I was not aware of... interesting.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
This needs to be stickied on every page of the trade boards. Half of the time this place reads like they've got Kevin Cheveldayoff or whoever else's direct line. Along these lines is the other problem where posters oversell their players like crazy, I swear they think they are influencing trade value.
Nah, most post people here realize when they peruse these boards and threads like this that what people here are saying is just their opinion. When I see people saying, "We'd never offer that" or whatever it's just nonsense. I mean, maybe the team wouldn't offer that, but mostly it's just fans saying what fans think. Nobody reading that should think that's what the team thinks.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I’d rather have Duchene anyway, so could care less if Vegas wants Stone. Actually, I’d rather Chevy not overpay for Stone after Vegas inflates the price.
Though i would love to see Chevy pull a Dave Hester on them. Crank up the price then drop it on them.... YUUUP

YUUUPPP!!!!

Wpg is not going to get caught holding the bag at the trade deadline.
Chevy is just being a good G.M. raising up the price and letting his interest be known. Wpg. Will end up getting Stone for free on July 1st.

Winnipeg all ready has the horses in the stable to win this years Stanley Cup.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Good competition now stone price goes up. Jets have to pay now. Roslovic has to be part of the package now.
Or we circle the conversation to Duchene.

Or Panarin, Hayes, Zuccarello, Staal, Coyle, Silfverberg, Hoffman. Maybe a defenseman instead. I bet 50% retained Jeff Carter doesn't cost very much.

I don't have a crystal ball and I don't have anyone's phone number, but one thing I can say for sure is that Dorion can't back Chevy into a corner. There are too many other options. If he doesn't like the price, he'll find something else.

Also, if these two teams are going to make a trade, I can't see how it would be after tonight's game.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I’m thinking 1st/Perrault and Stanley... sens will still need to hit cap floor
Honestly, dont worry about us hitting the cap floor. There will be desperate Ufas in August or Ottawa could make separate deals for cap dumps

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This is Dorion we're talking about. 4-5 conditional picks, a prospect and a roster player. Islanders make the best offer, but the Senators refuse to trade him within the East.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good competition now stone price goes up. Jets have to pay now. Roslovic has to be part of the package now.
Chevy won't pay more than his price. If Stone is priced too high, he'll move on to Duchene or Hayes or Dzingel or Zuccarello, etc. Jets have been scouting the Rangers a lot, so they clearly have a few irons in the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad