McKenzie: Jets likely pursuing Mark Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I mean, it’s the take fans of 30 other teams would have on that player.
There are people not paying attention all over the place, it's not just you.

Maybe take a look at what he did during his USHL, NCAA and AHL years if you're not impressed with what he did in 40 games on the 4th for 7 minutes a night. He's been in the middle-6 for about 20 games now. Also weird how you want to hold a hatty against the kid.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
If Vegas wouldnt give up Glass or Brannstrom for Karlsson, why would they all of a sudden be willing to part with one or both now? since the asking price i gather from Sens fans is a 1st and teams top 2 prospects?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There are people not paying attention all over the place, it's not just you.

Maybe take a look at what he did during his USHL, NCAA and AHL years if you're not impressed with what he did in 40 games on the 4th for 7 minutes a night. He's been in the middle-6 for about 20 games now. Also weird how you want to hold a hatty against the kid.

He’s fine. Jets fans overrate him though immensely and I doubt he is unmovable as some claim.

Rental would be a weird move for him, but wouldn’t doubt the Jets getting desperate.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Vegas wouldnt give up Glass or Brannstrom for Karlsson, why would they all of a sudden be willing to part with one or both now? since the asking price i gather from Sens fans is a 1st and teams top 2 prospects?

Because now we are involved. They'll move mountains to ensure the Jets don't get someone.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Don't forget Shane Hnidy!

I will absolutely lose my **** if Stone goes to Vegas.

Okay maybe that's slightly irrational, BUT, Real or not, it sure seems like their goal in life is to screw over the Jets.

I mean, how could Ottawa possibly send him to Vegas if Winnipeg is offering Petan, Stanley and a 1st? None of Winnipegs competitors would dream of topping such a stacked offer!

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
lol. why are jet's fan's complaining about vegas? if your going to put a meh offer on the table it won't take much from another team to beat it.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I mean, how could Ottawa possibly send him to Vegas if Winnipeg is offering Petan, Stanley and a 1st? None of Winnipegs competitors would dream of topping such a stacked offer!

lol. why are jet's fan's complaining about vegas? if your going to put a meh offer on the table it won't take much from another team to beat it.

The Jets are not making "Meh" offers (as far as we know), posters on a message board are. What random fans on here think the Jet should offer for Stone has nothing to do with what the Jets would actually offer, or why we are bitter towards Vegas.

Last edited:

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
1st Vesalainen Lemieux

I'm going with something like that

If Glass/Brannstrom are available he goes to Vegas

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Sens fans dont want every teams top two prospects, just yours, because
1) they arent bluechip
and
2) your prospect pool takes a major nose dive after.

And no, I am not insulting your team, you just have your young talent playing for you and not in the minors. 11 of your current 22 roster is on an RFA contract. Thats nuts.

PS Vegas isnt interested, that is Bruce Garrioch. He is the Sens mouth piece. Dorion probably had him tweet it to make it look like they were interested so the Jets pony up more.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I wouldn't be surprised Chevy already has a good idea of what Connor's and Laine's asks are....

I wouldn't be surprised a blockbuster is about to occur for a signed and traded Stone and a rental Duchene...

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Perrault and Kulikhov (for cap reasons for both teams), Petan, Jets 2019 1st and a conditional on signing Duchene for future years in the trade...

I wouldn't be surprised if spare parts from the Jets might also be included ie. Poolman, one of Appleton or Lemieux...

I wouldn't be surprised one of Laine or Connor traded at the draft and one signed with what is left over from Duchene being signed...

Chevy I think is going for it...

And if our deal with Ottawa is not consummated then I am sure he has a Plan B and C...

Chevy is going for it this year... ownership said they would go for the gusto when we got into position... deep pockets...

And Chevy always plans far ahead for future years...

That's the way he works...

We'll see...

:popcorn:

Right...Stone AND Duchene for a pile of your trash. Try again homie.

Reactions: FishManSam

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Sens fans dont want every teams top two prospects, just yours, because
1) they arent bluechip
and
2) your prospect pool takes a major nose dive after.

And no, I am not insulting your team, you just have your young talent playing for you and not in the minors. 11 of your current 22 roster is on an RFA contract. Thats nuts.

PS Vegas isnt interested, that is Bruce Garrioch. He is the Sens mouth piece. Dorion probably had him tweet it to make it look like they were interested so the Jets pony up more.
Ahh yes because Hague and what's his name are much better than the Jets prospect pool

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Eh, if GMGM wants to go crazy and overpay for a rental they can have Stone, we're not good enough this year to win a cup anyways imo. Go after Stone in the offseason and pull a reverse Stastny.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Eh, if GMGM wants to go crazy and overpay for a rental they can have Stone, we're not good enough this year to win a cup anyways imo. Go after Stone in the offseason and pull a reverse Stastny.

This.
I'm hoping the jets dont do anything crazy this year

Theyre not looking that great right now and I think there's more issue than just obtaining a better center or winger

If they really want stone then just pay him what he's asking for when his contract is up. Would probably be cheaper than giving up a 1st and a top prospect

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I hope, and believe Chevy walks if things get crazy. Go with what you have and keep building in the summer. The Jets will be good for a long time.​

Reactions: Snowman

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Don't forget Shane Hnidy!

I will absolutely lose my **** if Stone goes to Vegas.

Okay maybe that's slightly irrational, BUT, Real or not, it sure seems like their goal in life is to screw over the Jets.

Then maybe start offering fair deals and you won't be stuck at the kiddy table anymore.

Reactions: Groo

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Much rather Hague over Niku.

And if Glass or Brannstrom are available, then the Jets are out.
If Glass or Brannstrom are available then i don't see the Jets topping that. Hague vs Niku we can agree to disagree, though im biased there. But if they were not available for Karlsson, are they going to be available for Stone without an extension in place? I dont think so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad