McKenzie: Jets likely pursuing Mark Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
We're talking about the same guy right? Roslovic who has 7 goals and 16 points in 56 games, with 3 of those goals coming in one game?

Doesn't sound like a top 6 forward, and if he is, he's a bad one.

I mean, it'd be one thing if he was 18... but he's 22 and in his 3rd pro season.

Roslovic won't be the centerpiece of any trade, unless it's for another struggling prospect.

This. Take. Is. Wrong.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
A first, a roster player (not Petan in the PB), and a prospect. So 1st, Appleby, and Stanley. Just for a rental. I'd do it. Jets made money on the Stastny deal last year. Three rounds is worth huge money.
And with the profit you can do things to improve the Jet player experience. First class travel on your own A380. They're going cheap.
Lol terrible offer. Every team would beat that offer.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I love how Vegas cuts off their nose too spite their face.

More like driving up the price the Jets have to pay. For some reason he really likes screwing with Winnipeg.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Knightmare

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Vesalainen, Niku and a 1st if it gets into a bidding war is what it might take. Going to be expensive. Stone is easily the crown jewel of this years available forwards. This whole Stanley and a late 1st is horrible. I don’t care if he’s a rental. He’s one of the best players in the league. And I hate Ottawa.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
We're talking about the same guy right? Roslovic who has 7 goals and 16 points in 56 games, with 3 of those goals coming in one game?

Doesn't sound like a top 6 forward, and if he is, he's a bad one.

I mean, it'd be one thing if he was 18... but he's 22 and in his 3rd pro season.

Roslovic won't be the centerpiece of any trade, unless it's for another struggling prospect.
Excellent. Then by all means stop asking for him in return for a rental. It's not happening.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Vesalainen, Niku and a 1st if it gets into a bidding war is what it might take. Going to be expensive. Stone is easily the crown jewel of this years available forwards. This whole Stanley and a late 1st is horrible. I don’t care if he’s a rental. He’s one of the best players in the league. And I hate Ottawa.
The chance of the Jets giving up that much for a rental hover right at 0%, and I've bumped that up a few percentage points to be on the safe side.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think they are still pissed about the expansion draft.

Probably. But getting dunked on by SJ in the Hoffman trade didn't stop him from dealing with them.

I don't like this talk of the Senators looking at hulking young Dmen because VGK has a Dman almost as tall as Stanley...

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
For someone who hates Ottawa, you sure sound like a homer with your valuations. How many buyers do you think there are this season? Giving up Vesa or Niku would be stupid, nevermind both. Both project to be quality NHLers in the near future. Middle 6 winger, 2nd pair D and a 1st is the rental price for Stone? I'd rather take my chances with the roster we have. I don't think anybody would pay that price despite how good Stone is.

Reactions: Snowman

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe Winnipeg needs should consider moving Laine for Stone and re-signing Stone for the Laine money.

Ottawa gets a high risk and high reward player for their troubles.

Reactions: robertocarlos
Nov 24, 2006
Zero chance a package like that goes for Mark Stone. Jesus.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
The Vegas idiot tries to screw Chevy all the time and gets stuck with over payed garbage players. Statsny was good on the Jets but won’t do crap on a bad team like Vegas.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
The Vegas idiot tries to screw Chevy all the time and gets stuck with over payed garbage players. Statsny was good on the Jets but won’t do crap on a bad team like Vegas.

lol. the guy with 23 points in 29 games? I think he's doing fine. what do you mean by screw over? all I see is jet's fans offering garbage. why are you offended if a gm offers a better package for a player (equal to his value)? maybe you should tell your team to increase their offer.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad