Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Shut up Sawyer
ShutUpSawyer.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's a bit of a waste to play Cole with a defensive center like Lowry. Lowry is good but the reads are different. He's looking for dump reads while Cole is curling back looking for the open man and Lowry is going the wrong way or looking the wrong way for those types of plays.

Copp doing the same thing on line two.

Last edited:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
PP is a horrible - lots of work to do next week.
I can see where wheels is missed - he settles things down on the advantage -

None

Feb 22, 2012
XyJTvxd.png

Security should probably be getting a harsh reprimand for that to be honest, that guy should never have gotten that close to either bench given the circumstances.

Edit: I thought that was the gif of the guy over the glass I was quoting.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
PP is a horrible - lots of work to do next week.
I can see where wheels is missed - he settles things down on the advantage -

The chief issue has been Scheifele and Pionk on the zone entries. Both are trying to do too much and trying to be too cute.

Reactions: LowLefty

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Perfetti is nuts. The amount of bad passes he's received where he already knows exactly what he needs to do to not immediately lose it just shows how far ahead he's thinking all of the time.

Yep. He’s like Ray Ferraro fielding weirdballs from Lowry’s Kevin Sawyer tonight.

Heading back down, but he’s going to get some games for sure.

Heinola needs to play his game from a few years ago, with some added D and no other changes.

Not sure why Ehlers even dressed for this one.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Perfetti is nuts. The amount of bad passes he's received where he already knows exactly what he needs to do to not immediately lose it just shows how far ahead he's thinking all of the time.

I have said it before but he has the highest ceiling of any player we've drafted. He is incredibly smart and incredibly talented and as his skating and strength continues to to grow there should be no stopping him.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Let's gooooo! Big 3rd period to send us into the regular season with a win (not that it really matters, but still)

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The chief issue has been Scheifele and Pionk on the zone entries. Both are trying to do too much and trying to be too cute.

Yup -
I wish KC would stop dishing it off on the entry and try making a play on his own - he's always looking for Scheif and I wish he would try something different.
Pionk is too slow on his breaks outs - can't generate a lot of speed and ends up getting corralled
Keep reminding myself this is preseason -

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Toninoto with Dubois and Copp...... WTF is Moe thinking, can't give the kid a legit opportunity as he's going to take it and run.....

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I posted something about this in the Jets History thread, that today in 1992 Selanne scored his first NHL goal against San Jose's Jeff Hackett. I couldn't find any video of it and don't remember the goal. Does anybody remember it or have video of it?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yup -
I wish KC would stop dishing it off on the entry and try making a play on his own - he's always looking for Scheif and I wish he would try something different.
Pionk is too slow on his breaks outs - can't generate a lot of speed and ends up getting corralled
Keep reminding myself this is preseason -

Agreed on KC and it's annoying because earlier in camp in the scrimmages and earlier games he was looking to drive things on his own. Now he's just defaulting too much to Mark.

Reactions: None

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
This is awful hockey. Cole P and a few others worth watching. otherwise blahsville,

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Stanley flat footed against Geaudreau there. To me he hasn't looked fully healthy out there but foot speed still looks to be an issue against quick and shifty players.

Reactions: DharmaBum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia