Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Drumheller - Oct 8/21 - 8 PM - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
What f***ing awful coaching out there tonight. Just what was Moe smoking.

Ehlers goes down and instead of putting Perfetti who is having a whale of a game into the top 6 with a skilled player he advances Toninato to that spot....... he then puts Nash out there in the final minute..... what the heck kind of message is he trying to send some of these players. Is he trying not to have a rookie making him look stupid for not playing him with talent at any point this camp.....

Helle looked rusty but he'll be good to go for game 1.

I thought both Pionk and Dillion were off all game. It's preseason and they are vets so no concern there.

Stanley looked better as the game went on. He's looking more confident skating with the puck.

Heinola was generally solid.

Dubois is trending nicely. I am liking what I'm seeing in terms of speed, defensive support, and he's making the correct reads and passes. I think he will be a very nice two-way C for us.

I'm glad they took Nik out as he was getting too riled up for preseason. No sense risking an injury.

Copp was a complete non factor on that line and hasn't looked good since game 1. He will get some rope but hes bringing nothing to that line right now.

Conner and Scheifele were mailing it in all night which is fine given the games lack of importance. Harkins played well again he should get some kind of a role this year.

Perfetti was fantastic, was all over the ice and making things happen. He was let down by playing with a center that didn't read off of him very well. Lowry and Paul were fine tonight.

Toninato and Nash were fine but neither should have played up the lineup.

and that is why this team will never make the SC playoffs!.....with pomo as HC

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
What f***ing awful coaching out there tonight. Just what was Moe smoking.

Ehlers goes down and instead of putting Perfetti who is having a whale of a game into the top 6 with a skilled player he advances Toninato to that spot....... he then puts Nash out there in the final minute..... what the heck kind of message is he trying to send some of these players. Is he trying not to have a rookie making him look stupid for not playing him with talent at any point this camp.....

Helle looked rusty but he'll be good to go for game 1.

I thought both Pionk and Dillion were off all game. It's preseason and they are vets so no concern there.

Stanley looked better as the game went on. He's looking more confident skating with the puck.

Heinola was generally solid.

Dubois is trending nicely. I am liking what I'm seeing in terms of speed, defensive support, and he's making the correct reads and passes. I think he will be a very nice two-way C for us.

I'm glad they took Nik out as he was getting too riled up for preseason. No sense risking an injury.

Copp was a complete non factor on that line and hasn't looked good since game 1. He will get some rope but hes bringing nothing to that line right now.

Conner and Scheifele were mailing it in all night which is fine given the games lack of importance. Harkins played well again he should get some kind of a role this year.

Perfetti was fantastic, was all over the ice and making things happen. He was let down by playing with a center that didn't read off of him very well. Lowry and Paul were fine tonight.

Toninato and Nash were fine but neither should have played up the lineup.
It's political coaching. It's hard enough to bullshit about why Perfetti should play in the A when he's doing so well with 3rd & 4th liners. Mau gets to avoid tougher questions if he puts him out with top talent and starts getting on the scoreboard.

Cole doesn't at all look out of place - looks better than most of our regulars. Put him with Ehlers and you'll see fireworks.

He's ready - anyone that says otherwise is "ageist"

:popcorn:

(since that's apparently a thing this preseason... if some want it one way, it's gotta apply to both sides of the spectrum)
:naughty:

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
finally he pulls ehlers off the ice...the way was going he was gonna be on the injured list by the end of oct.

Reactions: surixon

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Wheeler cannot come back soon enough. Top line looked garbage without him on there.

Perfetti looked better than KV as all season in that spot. Too bad the Jets didn't seem to have competition for that and the backup goalie spot and instead seemed to walk to camp intent on giving those roles to KV/Comrie.

Last edited:

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Some canonating Galli-thoughts for this mostly unimportant game.

1. PLD played a great 200 foot game. No fruit was born via his efforts, but his played well (especially that back check on the short handed chance by Calgary in the first period). If this is the way he plays all season, we be laughin'.

2. Mr. Ehlers, it's an exhibition game, not game seven of the Stanley Cup finals. It's okay to let up a little.

3. Even at half speed, you have to appreciate just how skilled Scheif the Knife is... "I just care about you is all." The guy is great.

4. Hellbuyck made some absolutely incredible saves tonight. He's on.

5. Stanley will be the best third pairing defenseman in the NHL this season. You heard it here first (or third, or whatever).

6. It doesn't matter if the Bombers can't kick a field goal, nobody is going to be within 14 points of them the rest of the season (oops, wrong game. Sorry.)

7. Perfetti... wow what potential. Forget about potential, he'd be on the top six to start the season on 75 per cent of the teams in the NHL right now.

8. Heinola made some nice plays, but he also made a lot of plays where he looked more scared than skilled. No shame in spending another season in the AHL. He'll come around.

9. Love those stretch passes by no. 88.

10. Ultimately, hot goaltending and horseshoes gave Calgary the game tonight. I'm liking how the Jets are taking shape entering into the regular season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's political coaching. It's hard enough to bullshit about why Perfetti should play in the A when he's doing so well with 3rd & 4th liners. Mau gets to avoid tougher questions if he puts him out with top talent and starts getting on the scoreboard.

Cole doesn't at all look out of place - looks better than most of our regulars. Put him with Ehlers and you'll see fireworks.

He's ready - anyone that says otherwise is "ageist"

:popcorn:

(since that's apparently a thing this preseason... if some want it one way, it's gotta apply to both sides of the spectrum)
:naughty:

I know, it's pretty blatant that he wasn't advanced so as to make Moe's decision harder. He got played with actual NHL players today and he took off, surprise surprise. Not that he wasn't good before but he was terrific tonight.

Had he been given a legit shot at that second line position this camp I think he takes it easily.

No offense meant to Andrew Copp but he doesn't belong in that spot and I think he's there due to more politics I.e. they likely had to promise him a long look there to get him to sign that deal.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Some canonating Galli-thoughts for this mostly unimportant game.

1. PLD played a great 200 foot game. No fruit was born via his efforts, but his played well (especially that back check on the short handed chance by Calgary in the first period). If this is the way he plays all season, we be laughin'.

2. Mr. Ehlers, it's an exhibition game, not game seven of the Stanley Cup finals. It's okay to let up a little.

3. Even at half speed, you have to appreciate just how skilled Scheif the Knife is... "I just care about you is all." The guy is great.

4. Hellbuyck made some absolutely incredible saves tonight. He's on.

5. Stanley will be the best third pairing defenseman in the NHL this season. You heard it here first (or third, or whatever).

6. It doesn't matter if the Bombers can't kick a field goal, nobody is going to be within 14 points of them the rest of the season (oops, wrong game. Sorry.)

7. Perfetti... wow what potential. Forget about potential, he'd be on the top six to start the season on 75 per cent of the teams in the NHL right now.

8. Heinola made some nice plays, but he also made a lot of plays where he looked more scared than skilled. No shame in spending another season in the AHL. He'll come around.

9. Love those stretch passes by no. 88.

10. Ultimately, hot goaltending and horseshoes gave Calgary the game tonight. I'm liking how the Jets are taking shape entering into the regular season.

Agree on all counts - well said

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I know, it's pretty blatant that he wasn't advanced so as to make Moe's decision harder. He got played with actual NHL players today and he took off, surprise surprise. Not that he wasn't good before but he was terrific tonight.

Had he been given a legit shot at that second line position this camp I think he takes it easily.

No offense meant to Andrew Copp but he doesn't belong in that spot and I think he's there due to more politics I.e. they likely had to promise him a long look there to get him to sign that deal.
Copp is a 3rd/4th line grinder. He does nothing exceptionally well except cycle the puck. PoMo grossly overrates his offensive capabilities.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Stanley is a stud, but Heinola is looking like he has lost his swagger.

Schieff is still coasting in his own end IMHO, but waht say yee about PLD, great backcheck but how has he played this pre season have not seen him play much.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I'd say Perfetti "earned" a spot this preseason based on his actual play. He would look better than Copp on that 2nd line IMO...

Oh well. Go Jets! I'm ready for some real hockey, so tired of goony Calgary garbage.

Copp should have asked for number 28. Jeez, the guy is more Ray Neufeld than Ray Neufeld. That line is going nowhere if he’s on it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Looks like Heinola will play the majority of his hockey this year with the Moose and that's not a bad thing, we would all like him to be ready but he is not and needs to work on various parts of his game and that will happen in the AHL this year and not the NHL

After we went out and added Dillon and Schmidt the writing was on the wall. The key is not to have him in the press box much. Injuries always happened to D cores and they will use BooBoo to fill the first hole IMO.

Ville needs to embrace the challenge thats in front of him. Use the AHL to improve his game. Work hard son and your time will come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad