Pre-Game Talk: Jets Come to Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It's really too bad that Holland couldn't make that last deal, he casually mentioned in the pressor, for another depth defenseman. I suspect it was just a money/cap space issue.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
It's odd. That's for sure.
images

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
KRussell-Benning back in would be huge for the team... best bottom pairing in the NHL and the ripple effect throughout the lineup when that bottom pairing is solid and reliable is very noticeable.

Reactions: Mcnofool6110

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone know where we rank in man games lost?

Feels like we've been hella injured this year. Missing Klef, Larsson, McDavid, Yams, Neal, Russell, Nygard etc all for extended periods.

And then there is missing Kass for over 10% of the season to suspensions.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I would prefer if when Neal is healthy that he replaces Chiasson in the lineup, and a guy like Benson comes up to replace Khaira.

AA-McDavid-Ennis
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Archibald-Sheahan-Kassian
Benson-Haas-Neal

That would be the best lineup we could run.

That would basically be my ideal lineup as well, with Kassian and Ennis interchangeable on those two lines. But I guess the issue would be that you'd want to give a guy like Benson more minutes than he'd be getting on that 4th line. I wouldn't mind something like this:

AA-McDavid-Ennis/Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Sheahan-Archibald
Kassian/Ennis-Haas-Neal

It's nice to finally have depth, now we can't decide who deserves 4th line minutes haha.

Reactions: Oilhawks

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
One thing with the Oilers recently is they have a better overall level of team bonding. I think that comes from some of the adversity they have been through with the Kassian/Ratchuk garbage... seemingly being shit on from a league/reffing level constantly as well as injuries the team is going through... and overall I think all the new faces have taken time to gel and find some chemistry in their roles.

I think it's going to be a tough stretch run for the team but I still see this team as ~100 pt team just like I've seen them all season long from the start.

I think if they continue to develop that sense of "us against the world" attitude so that they persevere vs constant shit reffing and biased/illogical league disciplinary actions... this team can continue to excel.

Doesn't hurt that players like Yamamoto/Bear come in and work their asses off as rookies and I think that's also infectious as the vets see that and that pushes them as well.

Reactions: Hairy Apparatus

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Anyone know where we rank in man games lost?

Feels like we've been hella injured this year. Missing Klef, Larsson, McDavid, Yams, Neal, Russell, Nygard etc all for extended periods.

And then there is missing Kass for over 10% of the season to suspensions.

I don't think they're ranked too high since they were relatively healthy up until about January.

Reactions: hn777

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

I don't think they're ranked too high since they were relatively healthy up until about January.

60 of those man games lost are Brodziak who they basically mutually agreed to not have him play again due to nagging health issues. Take those 60 out and we're at about 120 some games which is pretty fortunate. Then 20 more have been Benning who's the 6th dman. A dozen or so games to Nygard who's a rookie with less than 10 points. And there 20 were Larsson, which ultimately led to us discovering Bear.

Edmonton can't complain much about injuries overall this season. The issue is that they've accounted for probably 50 or so of those games in the past month, and it has been with players higher in the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerfish

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
60 of those man games lost are Brodziak who they basically mutually agreed to not have him play again due to nagging health issues. Take those 60 out and we're at about 120 some games which is pretty fortunate. Then 20 more have been Benning who's the 6th dman. A dozen or so games to Nygard who's a rookie with less than 10 points. And there 20 were Larsson, which ultimately led to us discovering Bear.

Edmonton can't complain much about injuries overall this season. The issue is that they've accounted for probably 50 or so of those games in the past month, and it has been with players higher in the lineup.

I think it is a bit of a flawed stat.
Toronto has Clarkson and Horton
Ottawa has MacAurthur, Callahan, and Gaborik
Vancover, Winnipeg, Vancouver, and Calgary have no one that has been LTIRetired.

Max79

Jan 2, 2012
Hi everyone.
Who you think Will get the start between Smith and Koskinen?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
What is it like -76 degrees in Winnipeg right now? Amirite? AMIRITE? LOL

Reactions: oobga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad