Players destroying penalty box camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I've been playing and watching hockey for 30 years, and I've never once had the experience enhanced by having a video camera in the penalty box.

You see a player who doesn't think he deserved a penalty and is yelling at the referee / other team. He squirts some water on the ground, then some in his mouth. 50/50 if he spits or swallows. He adjusts his equipment. Sometimes there's a middle-aged fat guy in frame, wearing a cheap suit. He usually writes something down on his clipboard.

Am I missing anything? That camera doesn't need to be there and I don't care when it gets struck in anger.

What about Domi's fight with the fan?

Reactions: ck26

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
They need to stop.

These cameras are expensive and are used to enhanced the TV broadcast.

Players should be fined the price of the camera and be put on a list of offenders.
do you own the cameras? Seriously, who gives a f***? they've been abused for years, why all of a sudden is this now an issue.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
They need to stop.

Players should be fined the price of the camera and be put on a list of offenders.

Do you pay for these cameras or something? Who the heck cares as fans what something the NHL has to cover costs?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Upon further thought, I think offenders should have to skate around during their shifts and introduce themselves to everyone on ice during gameplay as Penalty Box Camera Offenders. They aren't allowed to do anything else until they have met all players and officials and introduced themselves. I mean we want to stay safe out there!

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I've been playing and watching hockey for 30 years, and I've never once had the experience enhanced by having a video camera in the penalty box.

You see a player who doesn't think he deserved a penalty and is yelling at the referee / other team. He squirts some water on the ground, then some in his mouth. 50/50 if he spits or swallows. He adjusts his equipment. Sometimes there's a middle-aged fat guy in frame, wearing a cheap suit. He usually writes something down on his clipboard.

Am I missing anything? That camera doesn't need to be there and I don't care when it gets struck in anger.

I beg to differ

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks for all your serious answers in what should've been a humourous/sarcastic topic.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
a99bfc5be53c42cc9f655ca03773038f.jpg

Just stash a pic somewhere in your jersy, much more fun!
Just like Mission: Impossible!

Reactions: Strangelove

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
We must make sure to regulate all expressions of human passion, it will make the game better!
Dumb.

You destroy property you pay for it, and NHLers can certainly afford it.

Break all the cameras you want, just replace it after you’re done “expressing your passion.”

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
View attachment 869189
link

No idea what happened at the grievance hearing.

Chris nilan has talked about breaking things in the heat of the moment during an episode of his podcast.

I think the only time he mentioned getting a bill was in Hartford, but the Habs organization paid it.

I'm sure there weren't expensive HD cameras around then but I assumed the teams typically foot the bill for these types of things as long they are generally one off occurrences, and even multiple offenders like Nilan never had to foot a bill.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Dumb.

You destroy property you pay for it, and NHLers can certainly afford it.

Break all the cameras you want, just replace it after you’re done “expressing your passion.”
You watch a sport where it's allowed to have players drop their equipment and start punching each other but put quotes around expressing passion. Get a clue :help:.

I guarantee the visiting team pays, otherwise the team probably considers it a non-issue. It's only weirdos like you and OP who care about these types of stupid things.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
You watch a sport where it's allowed to have players drop their equipment and start punching each other but put quotes around expressing passion. Get a clue :help:.

I guarantee the visiting team pays, otherwise the team probably considers it a non-issue. It's only weirdos like you and OP who care about these types of stupid things.
It's a humourous/sarcastic thread. Calm down, lmfao.

kevistar

Oct 11, 2017
They need to stop.

I think players should break the cameras more often. Like, they should start breaking the ones inside the net as well

• Haha
Reactions: JuJu Mobb and JMCx4

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The NHL knew what they were doing when they put easily accessible cameras in a penalty box. I think I’d wrap it up to the cost of doing business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad