Pre-Game Talk: Jets Come to Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Next season, Holland has an easy offseason. Resign Tennis. Resign bear, resign Nuge. Find ONE 3C. Done.

AA McDavid Ennis
RNH Draisaitl Yama
Neal - 3C - Kassian
Nygård Sheahan Archibald

And yeah, get rid of some junk like Khaira, Chiasson, Prussell, Puljujärvi, and trade one of Russell, Benning maybe,

ONE spot is left. ANd maybe Haas finds his way with the new team. Then nothing more needs to be done.
Not that I disagree but it would be nice to add getting a legit goalie to the list. A Lehner type signing would go a long way for us.

Reactions: TKB21

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Not that I disagree but it would be nice to add getting a legit goalie to the list. A Lehner type signing would go a long way for us.

Im on your path. Well see what is avaliavble. BUt resigning Tennis could be a huge thing. I like that he has speed along with understanding the offensive game, and adds experience, and could be a piece that have a comfortable price tag. Should be resigned. COuld be 3 x 3,5/4. Whatever that fits under the cap. I guess Bear comes at a bridge too. Nuge doesnt need to be resigned, but Sheahan does. I think Holland should resign him as well.

The Neal 3C - Kassian line is a bit quirky in terms of playing styles and chemistry wise.
The Sheahan line is a speedy defensive line, my guess is that Tippet wants a defensive line + a speedy line in bottom 6.
I dont know if Benson could play center. But if, it would be a good one.

I dont want to give up on Haas, as he could be a very good shutdown center, and he has some OK rookie numbers 12 p in 55 games with minimal playingtime. I guess he is gone after season. But who knows

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm excited for this line up. I thought they would put Kassian back with McDavid, but he's a good fit with Sheahan and Archibald.

Nice that Neal is back and skating as well.

Neal is back? I thought I heard Tippett say that he is still week to week?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
We need this team to not only win but start playing with some urgency. Teams around us are starting to ramp it up, maybe these guys should do the same?

Our record for February is 6-5-2. Winning tonight's game would give us a decent record for the month.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Our record for February is 6-5-2. Winning tonight's game would give us a decent record for the month.

What if they lose? The whole point is that they need to pick up their play because being “ok” won’t buy them a ticket to the playoffs......hopefully getting some bodies back gets these guys playing solid 60 minutes every night.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Im on your path. Well see what is avaliavble. BUt resigning Tennis could be a huge thing. I like that he has speed along with understanding the offensive game, and adds experience, and could be a piece that have a comfortable price tag. Should be resigned. COuld be 3 x 3,5/4. Whatever that fits under the cap. I guess Bear comes at a bridge too. Nuge doesnt need to be resigned, but Sheahan does. I think Holland should resign him as well.

The Neal 3C - Kassian line is a bit quirky in terms of playing styles and chemistry wise.
The Sheahan line is a speedy defensive line, my guess is that Tippet wants a defensive line + a speedy line in bottom 6.

I dont want to give up on Haas, as he could be a very good shutdown center, and he has some OK rookie numbers 12 p in 55 games with minimal playingtime. I guess he is gone after season. But who knows
Wait, did you just say you’d re-sign Ennis at 3.5-4 for 3 years, but NOT re-sign RNH?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Apparently Kris Russell is a game time decision. I think hes better than most ppl give him credit for (but I dont think hes needed when the roster is healthy). I think hes an upgrade on Lagesson. Least with Russell hes going to put his work boots on, every game hes in.
K.Russell is one of the most underrated defensemen on this squad. He is better than Benning, Jones, Lagesson and Green and not much worse than Larsson, given the style and minutes both play.
I'd rank our D in the followng:
1. Klefbom
2. Nurse
3. Bear
4. Larsson
5. Russell
6. Green
7. Benning
8. Jones
9. Lagesson

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Wait, did you just say you’d re-sign Ennis at 3.5-4 for 3 years, but NOT re-sign RNH?

Guessing he means RNH doesn't need to be resigned this summer as he's not a UFA (one more season after this one left on his current deal).
At least that's how I understood it.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Thank f*** you aren't running this team.

In other news, biggest game of the year boys.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
classic

CrazyHelpfulAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Llamamoto49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad