Pre-Game Talk: Jets Come to Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm excited for this line up. I thought they would put Kassian back with McDavid, but he's a good fit with Sheahan and Archibald.

Nice that Neal is back and skating as well.

Yes. Having Neal and Chiasson as the 4th line wingers would be a nice luxury to have.

Gives the double shift option for McDavid or Draisaitl and still reasonable wingers when doing so.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Like the forward group a lot. D is still thin, but if Morrissey and Laine are both out we get some luck on that side so...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is this the actual line up for tomorrow or just what Stauffer predicts when people are healthy? I know Neals outside of the top 4 but I didnt think he was close so its just a little confusing.

Really like the top 9.
That last line are guys not playing next game

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Just wanna shout out Lagesson. He has played pretty great. I don't know if you slot Russell back in even if he is totally healthy. Lagesson has been solid, solid, solid.

Hes been good but I think he will probably get slotted out when Klefbom is back, not Russell. I suspect Lagesson will serve as the #7.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Just wanna shout out Lagesson. He has played pretty great. I don't know if you slot Russell back in even if he is totally healthy. Lagesson has been solid, solid, solid.
By which metric has Lagesson been pretty great? All indications are that he has been dog shit and shouldn't be playing at the NHL level.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Big game. Maybe biggest of McDrai career.

Hope they stay settled and play a smart and hard game. If the lineup posted actually plays that is the best we have seen in a good while. Missing Klefbom hurts a bunch but an emphasis on defense first like when McDavid was away can go a long ways. McDavid needs to buy into that.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Yamamoto being ready this early would be huge.

Would rather play AA-McDavid-Kass and have Ennis down with Sheahan/Archibald, personally.

Don't think he's been solid the last two games at all, but he's probably a 6-7 on merit overall. Would play Russell over him and that's coming from someone who has very little patience for Kris Russell.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

giphy.gif

JayE

Sep 24, 2016

Great is overstating it, but he's a nice, cheap option to have for a 6/7.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I would prefer if when Neal is healthy that he replaces Chiasson in the lineup, and a guy like Benson comes up to replace Khaira.

AA-McDavid-Ennis
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Archibald-Sheahan-Kassian
Benson-Haas-Neal

That would be the best lineup we could run.

Neal on one leg would be more effective than Chiasson right now.

Reactions: Duke74 and duul

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Yamamoto being ready this early would be huge.

Would rather play AA-McDavid-Kass and have Ennis down with Sheahan/Archibald, personally.

Don't think he's been solid the last two games at all, but he's probably a 6-7 on merit overall. Would play Russell over him and that's coming from someone who has very little patience for Kris Russell.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bad play by him in the last 3 or so games, and he's made plenty of solid controlled plays. He's been very good in his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia