Pre-Game Talk: Jets Come to Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
which metrics are you talking about? In 4 games he's been on the ice for 1 GA 5 vs 5 and his individual CF% is just a hair under 60%. Not that CF% is an individual stats but if you are a rookie defensive defenseman and your team is not giving up goals or shots while you are on the ice it is pretty hard to argue that by all metrics he has shown that he should not be in the league. He's even shown a little bit of offense from time to time. To my eyes he has been quite good the last tow games for sure.
In what 4 games? His best 4 games? His CF is 47% and he has 0 points. Shown a little bit of offence? He literally has 0 points in his NHL career. There is no offence to speak of. He is a lot like Kris Russell from my viewing. He can not make a play under pressure. It's off the boards hard rim, or off the glass. It's useless. Not sure what he brings to an NHL team that even a guy like Keegan Lowe (someone who should never sniff the NHL) could bring.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Holy f*** this team just can't catch a break with injuries. The hockey gods are doing everything in their power to end this season.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Way OT but...

I thought we were supposed to get less Remenda this year? Seems he is on just as much. He cried in that interview about not being positive enough about the Oilers and that is why he is getting less games, but to me it has nothing to do with that. It's that his commentary is inferior and frankly obvious for anyone who watches hockey, there is no added nuance that he provides.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
In what 4 games? His best 4 games? His CF is 47% and he has 0 points. Shown a little bit of offence? He literally has 0 points in his NHL career. There is no offence to speak of. He is a lot like Kris Russell from my viewing. He can not make a play under pressure. It's off the boards hard rim, or off the glass. It's useless. Not sure what he brings to an NHL team that even a guy like Keegan Lowe (someone who should never sniff the NHL) could bring.
I am not sure what happened as my numbers are definitely out of whack. I was actually quite surprised to see the stats as I quoted them. Should have clued in with only 4 games but that's what can happen when I post with my brain on cruise. I deleted the post so as not to confuse anyone.

That said he has definitely looked better of late. I thought the last few games he was quite solid.

Reactions: duul

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Sooo did the medical staff misdiagnose Yam’s ankle injury?

Somehow he’s supposed to be back in less than a week after a “week to week” injury. They better not be rushing him.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Somehow he’s supposed to be back in less than a week after a “week to week” injury. They better not be rushing him.

I dunno maybe the Team just doesnt want to say too early of a deadline and then have the media constantly asking about it if they are late coming back. Or maybe Yamamoto is just a warrior.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Way OT but...

I thought we were supposed to get less Remenda this year? Seems he is on just as much. He cried in that interview about not being positive enough about the Oilers and that is why he is getting less games, but to me it has nothing to do with that. It's that his commentary is inferior and frankly obvious for anyone who watches hockey, there is no added nuance that he provides.

His repetitive and over the top relays of all the other team's goals along with highlight reels of their players from other games drives me insane.

It will be as long as five minutes after the Oilers getting scored on and it will be "LETS GO BACK TO THAT LAST GOAL" so we can see the same replay for the fifth time while almost assuredly missing the faceoff on TV as a result.

I never liked him before, but now I find myself completely hating him. He will not shut up and is beyond annoying. The giddyness he had when McDavid got injured was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Reactions: fresh meat

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Apparently Kris Russell is a game time decision. I think hes better than most ppl give him credit for (but I dont think hes needed when the roster is healthy). I think hes an upgrade on Lagesson. Least with Russell hes going to put his work boots on, every game hes in.

Yeah, I prefer to have him vs. Lagesson, though it ended up closer than I had thought it would be. But Jones has officially passed him in my books making Russell a scratch candidate when Klefbom is back.

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
I dunno maybe the Team just doesnt want to say too early of a deadline and then have the media constantly asking about it if they are late coming back. Or maybe Yamamoto is just a warrior.
always underpromise and overdeliver

say hes out for the season, but jk he had a great recovery and will be back soon ;)

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
His repetitive and over the top relays of all the other team's goals along with highlight reels of their players from other games drives me insane.

It will be as long as five minutes after the Oilers getting scored on and it will be "LETS GO BACK TO THAT LAST GOAL" so we can see the same replay for the fifth time while almost assuredly missing the faceoff on TV as a result.

I never liked him before, but now I find myself completely hating him. He will not shut up and is beyond annoying. The giddyness he had when McDavid got injured was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Wish we had Ferraro!!

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Hes still a jackass that shits on the Oilers for plays and than a game later will praise the opposing team for sliding the same shit. For the most part he is shut out able for me as a listener now.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Russell being back in would help the PK and he's a better option than Lagesson. You can see the potential with Lagesson but he's not quite in the right spots all the time and his decision making and assertiveness are still a little lacking. If he could remedy those issues before the playoffs that would be great but I'd expect he needs another summer of training and then hopefully he comes to camp and takes a job like Bear did this year.

Great news that Yamo and AA are back in the lineup for tomorrow. Yamo takes that second line to another level. As for Green being out I actually feel like Benning is a better option currently after watching Green for two games. It sucks he got hurt and he obviously still needs to develop some chemistry with the team, but Benning provides more energy and positive contributions currently. Green playing mostly with Lagesson though doesn't make for an easy transition either, but Benning manages and seems like a better fit with Lagesson at the moment.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If we're fully healthy I'd like to see the lineup look like this;

AA-Mcdavid-Neal
RNH-Dra-KY
Ennis-Sheahan-Archibald
Nygard-Haas-Kassian
Chaisson, Khaira, Prussel

You could always swap Ennis and AA, as well as Neal and Kassian.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Russell-Green
Jones, Benning

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

Oh he's rushing the team.

He's gonna power through the pain like Alex Grady in BotB.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Probably had an abscessed tooth.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
The positive of Kris Russell is he blocks a lot of shots. So does Klef. Very valuable.

I don't want any more shot blocking from now on - too risky for injuries. From now on, if you see the puck coming towards you, just get out of it's way. This goes for the goalies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad