Post-Game Talk: Jets 2.0 beat Jets 1.0 5-3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
im not saying Brossoit is a better goalie than helle.... its a cap space issue.... every year it seems 1 or 2 no name goalies take a huge leap forward...if Brossoit ends up being one of those guys they should take advantage of it given the impending salary cap hell the jets are going to face soon
I'd say until Laine starts scoring which he will he should be the odd man out as Connor is playing huge and less of a bite in cap.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'll take thst record anytime of the day but Jets have played 1 legit team so far.
And Jets got beat 3 zip.

Hope Jets get it going as the better teams in the league are coming to play the Jets soon .

I'm gonna bookmark this post so we can revisit it when you see that Carolina is very much legit, and we beat them, as is Dallas.

Our first four game block we almost met expectation exactly. Four games into the homestand and we're handily exceeding expectation.

Not that we haven't had bonehead moments, because we have. But it's a giant myth to suggest that you must play perfect to deserve to win. The other team will also make mistakes, and we've looked very-good-to-great for significant stretches of a number of games.

This is a question of fine-tuning, not of rebuilding from scratch.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If Mo doesn't react after this game then one of two things is happening:

1) He doesn't understand 5v5 hockey at all. Could be even one of those "analytics destroy my enjoyment of the game" guys (which is fine for fans obviously, not least because they get to measure their opinions against the data)

2) His hands are tied either due to the players or the upper management

Option 3) He is in denial and reluctant to make changes while the team is winning. I have maintained, it will take 3 back to back losses for changes to be made. It may happen next week with games against a desperate Blues team, a great Leafs team and another desperate Wings team.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
There is something less tangible about the Jets' inability to finish off good plays.

The good news is - at some point it will start clicking.

Now is not the time to panic and change things. It will come.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Option 3) He is in denial and reluctant to make changes while the team is winning. I have maintained, it will take 3 back to back losses for changes to be made. It may happen next week with games against a desperate Blues team, a great Leafs team and another desperate Wings team.

This is actually option 1. You can win games with effed up 5v5 play. I think tonight is a testament to that.

Our secondary scoring is bailing us out against bad teams. PP is a strength against every team.

Even with mediocre effort we are getting wins with the quality of this team, but it is at the same time blinding us.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Option 3) He is in denial and reluctant to make changes while the team is winning. It will take 3 back to back losses for changes to be made. It may happen next week with games against a desperate Blues team, a great Leafs team and another desperate Wings team.

Any three game stretch can be a three game losing streak, of course, and for even the best of teams, it'll happen a half-dozen or so times a year. But if you think THAT stretch is gonna be one of them, do I have some parlay odds to offer you.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
At some point all of the forwards on this team have to commit to the defensive side of the puck. Too many guys just want to cheat for offense leaving half our D screwed. It’s starts with Scheif and Wheels.

I completely agree. I have been pretty disappointed with the turnovers 29 has had but the leaders need to lead by example.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
LOL @ people wanting changes to our lines. We've scored 16 goals in our last 4 games. I'm thinking PMo is gonna keep things as is for a little bit... :laugh:

At this point I’m not sure switching the lines fixes our problems. I just want guys to commit to playing a team game and not be selfish, which too many are.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Really great game from our back end defense :

1) Trouba- very dominant with 3 assists -played great

2) Morrissey - great goal, and an assist - love his jumping up to offense

3) Myers -goal and an assist - picture perfect goal-"perfect spot"

If we didn't have our backend scoring tonight, we would have lost. Along with the great Goaltending from Brossoit, and our defense, we were able to win.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I completely agree. I have been pretty disappointed with the turnovers 29 has had but the leaders need to lead by example.

I’ll give SOME leeway to Laine as he is only 20 years old. But Scheif and Wheeler won’t get that same benefit from me. They are leaders and for someone who is as committed to the game as Scheif is, I am extremely disappointed in his effort in the defensive zone.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm gonna bookmark this post so we can revisit it when you see that Carolina is very much legit, and we beat them, as is Dallas.

Our first four game block we almost met expectation exactly. Four games into the homestand and we're handily exceeding expectation.

Not that we haven't had bonehead moments, because we have. But it's a giant myth to suggest that you must play perfect to deserve to win. The other team will also make mistakes, and we've looked very-good-to-great for significant stretches of a number of games.

This is a question of fine-tuning, not of rebuilding from scratch.

Go ahead :)

Legit means Stanley Cup contenders.
Jets are considered one of the top 5 heavy weights.
By that they are above Carolina and should be a distance above Dallas.
:thumbu:

Not mentioning anything to be perfect.
Yes can be better.

Also the gauge as what my post was pointing at , we will see the true Jets playing against the heavy weights.

So far 0-1
But i believe Jets will carry their weight and be one of the top 3 teams in the league when all is said and done.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Jeebus Christmas you are going to play your best players even if they are playing like crap. You want them to get them out of that funk and you need to get them out of that funk

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
no its not...jets dont have the cap space to sign laine connor and morrisey....they need to dump some salaries...helle and little are the best options... little has a no trade clause I think.... so helle makes the most sense IF Brossoit can prove himself as a starter

I feel like this post is at concussion protocol level :help:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
At some point all of the forwards on this team have to commit to the defensive side of the puck. Too many guys just want to cheat for offense leaving half our D screwed. It’s starts with Scheif and Wheels.

Because there are no consequences for bad play. The top line gets fed ice time no matter what. The Lowry line plays every shift like it could be their last in the NHL. Same with guys like Lemieux, they are not as talented as our top guys but give it their all on both ends of the ice.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I'm not going to name posters but I have been here long enough to notice certain posters lean towards negativity and pessimism by default. It's in their nature. Even when it comes with scouting young players. This helps me adjust to account for that when browsing and posting in game review threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad