Jesse Puljujarvi Part 7: No NHL in '19-20 for Jesse P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
All he needed was time and to mature his game and himself. I really hope he returns and embraces whatever comes his way and can contribute the way people thought he would. Would also be a great way to showcase himself to other teams if he returns to the Oilers that he has grown.

Hell no. If he's grown, this kid has enormous potential. I want us to keep him and give him one for shot to be a top six forward. Don't throw him away for a pick

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Hell no. If he's grown, this kid has enormous potential. I want us to keep him and give him one for shot to be a top six forward. Don't throw him away for a pick
Well yeah I'd prefer the Oilers to keep him as well. Can he play on the left side?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Well yeah I'd prefer the Oilers to keep him as well. Can he play on the left side?

I guess we'll see. But Kassians not a top line RWer. Jesse does have talent for it and Yam has the second RW position locked up. Jesse has potential to play with McDavid maybe, if he keeps his head out of his ass this time

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I have watched him closely since juniors and he has played only a few shifts on the the left side during his whole career. So it's hard to say if he can, because there's not enough evidence either way.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I guess we'll see. But Kassians not a top line RWer. Jesse does have talent for it and Yam has the second RW position locked up. Jesse has potential to play with McDavid maybe, if he keeps his head out of his ass this time
I think he will. PC was just so impatient with players and just did things in such a panic. Holland is very patient with his players and I think Tippet could do wonders with JP. He already has great defensive instincts and we all know he can skate but I haven't seen him really since he has both hips fixed.

Reactions: KYams17

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Here's how I see this situation play out most of the time for each of the possibilities:

1) Jesse stays with Karpat, has a solid or great season and joins the Oilers for the 21/22 season after Holland negotiates with him and keeps a spot next to McDavid warm. Jesse will need to commit to the team in order for Holland to protect him in the expansion draft.

2) Jesse stays with Karpat, has a disappointing season or major injury. Holland defers a decision for another year.

3) Jesse plays in Europe or Russia, has a great season and another GM approaches Holland with a trade proposal that gives the Oilers a first line RW with playoff experience. This may entice Holland to trade Pulju given the limited window the Oilers have to put together a Cup contender.

4) Jesse doesn't get what he wants with Holland and plays in Europe until he's 25 or until another GM offers a reasonable package for him. Holland fills the first line RW position with someone else.

I've always thought Jesse would come to his senses and realize his best shot at playing in the NHL would be with Edmonton and that the added bonus is that if he plays well in Europe, he's got the inside track on that top line position due to the current team depth chart.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Some interesting items. Puljujarvi quoted as not playing in Russia. Agent says everything including Russia possible. Puljujarvi reiterating no Russia...

I'm not sure Puljujarvi has gotten more mature or humble yet... Could all be posturing and in the end he stays in Finland period.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Some interesting items. Puljujarvi quoted as not playing in Russia. Agent says everything including Russia possible. Puljujarvi reiterating no Russia...

I'm not sure Puljujarvi has gotten more mature or humble yet... Could all be posturing and in the end he stays in Finland period.
.... Or he wants to come back to Edmonton to play since he's had good communication with Tippett and Holland and he's gotten more mature while also seeing that the team has gotten good?

Sorry but why do you always think of the worst? Don't you want the team to be successful?

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I'm guessing most of the people that soured him on the Oilers are long gone. Like why would he have any beef with Tippett and Holland? Strange situation. Perhaps he didn't enjoy living in English speaking Canada?

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
If JP comes back and plays well then you go 7-3-1 in the expansion draft:

McDavid, Drai, RNH, Yamo, Kass, AA, JP
Klef, Nurse, Bear (resign Larsson as UFA after draft)
Kos

Can't understand people wanting to protect Jones with all the LD depth we have. You trade him next summer if need because we have great young dmen who can replace him (Broburg, Sammy). Got to lose the Neal contract clean next summer though to make the dollars work though.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
.... Or he wants to come back to Edmonton to play since he's had good communication with Tippett and Holland and he's gotten more mature while also seeing that the team has gotten good?

Sorry but why do you always think of the worst? Don't you want the team to be successful?
I'm pretty sure it's been made clear by Pulju it's the NHL or Finland, period. Only thing that's changing now is he may be open to Edmonton again.

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
This is good. He's a sensitive lad and Tippet seems like a genuinely nice coach. I hope to see him blossom into the stud he was projected to become.

Reactions: KYams17

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I’d like to have him back for next year. I’d take a run at Haula as a UFA (unless FLA retains him) and run with a 3rd line of Neal-Haula-Puljujarvi. Neal played on Haula’s line in Vegas, and Haula can help with the language barrier with Pulju. I think it would be a great fit.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If he's back, I could see him working well with AA actually.

He's a purely complementary player (Pulju), but I could see that mixing well with AA's straight ahead and puck dominanting approach.

Personally I'd reunite RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto line as the top line.

Then have both Neal/Kassian and AA/Pulju as winger options for McDavid. Round that off with a dedicated checking line anchored by Archibald.

Just going with guys already under contract (plus Pulju)...

Nuge-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
AA-McDavid/Khaira-Puljujarvi
Neal-McDavid/Khaira-Kassian
Nygård-Haas-Archibald
Chiasson

I really like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad