Rumor: Jesse Puljujarvi Discussion: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
My theory is that he sucks at english cause he sucks at learning.

You've got to actually want to learn to learn at a reasonable clip. He seems to want to take the easy way out so it doesn't surprise me that he didn't put what he should've into his game and his learning the language.

This is a guy that has flat out been a let down while Tkachuk down the highway has been very solid. He hasn't been booed at games loudly or really run into the ground by the media until his agent decided to take things public.

Reactions: scholl

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Jesse is doing the right thing. He'll probably be traded soon, and one year is the maximun Oilers can realistically wait before trading his rights. You really don't have as much leverage as your GM is trying to present.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jesse is doing the right thing. He'll probably be traded soon, and one year is the maximun Oilers can realistically wait before trading his rights. You really don't have as much leverage as your GM is trying to present.

Sure thing Jesse's agent. If he's traded we will get a player in return instead of a spoiled brat that eats his own boogers, if not then enjoy multiple years in Europe making a fraction of what your commission would be had you done your job better.

Holland has 0 attachment or loyalty to Jesse. The pick was made before he and K. Gretz were on board and Jesse and his agent tried to strong arm him instead of keeping things quiet. You literally couldn't have handled the situation worse than Jesse and his agent have. Oh well, at least Jesse is good at one thing, sewering his career, I'd even say that hes generational at it.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Playing in the NHL is a privilege, not a right. The Oilers hold PooJoo's right's for many years to come. 99% of the fans will be hunky-dory with the team holding onto those rights unless a proper trade manifests. Where, pray-tell, will the pressure to trade him come from?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

LOL. The only leverage Pulju has over Holland is the risk of losing out on a sure fire 4th round pick. Woopty f***in doo. A 3rd or 4th isn't enough return to send the message to the entire hockey world that hey, if you get drafted by Edmonton and you don't like it, you can leave, they'll give ya away no problem!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Why do the oilers have so many bomb draft picks - is it the development or they are really bad at drafting?

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Why do the oilers have so many bomb draft picks - is it the development or they are really bad at drafting?
Yak, PooJoo and.......who else? Busts happen. Too bad for the Oilers 2 of them were at very high positions. Every team has them.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Based on what logic? The Oilers have all of the leverage. They've effectively replaced him this season. So they don't need him, nor do they really need what little he can return in a trade.

If Jesse continues to try and strongarm a trade, he could be playing in Oulu until his 27th birthday. His decisions moving forward could potentially be costing him millions in missed earnings.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I'm actually very surprised how his latest comments come out as entitled. Considering he has little value to begin with and everything him and his agent does undermines the process to trade him, and continues to lower his value.

Very disappointing, and didn't realize how much he lacks in professionalism.

He makes Yakupov look good.

Well, I hope he gets his wish. I don't want to see him wearing the oilers jersey with his attitude.

The sooner the better. What a waste of a player.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Jesse's value is probably at it's highest right now. Bad play in the end of last season can be explained with hip injury. If he continues to suck in Finland next season, he'll be worth a 4th. Now you'll probably get a late 1st.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
At this point, I'd rather they set an example of him, rather than rush a trade just to get an asset. We're not going to get much anyway, might as well use this situation to make a point. It'll be at the cost of Puljuarvi's future, but that's entirely his own fault

Reactions: frag2

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
At this point, I'd rather they set an example of him, rather than rush a trade just to get an asset. We're not going to get much anyway, might as well use this situation to make a point. It'll be at the cost of Puljuarvi's future, but that's entirely his own fault
I think that's the way to go. Making Edmonton just a little bit more desired destination.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jesse's value is probably at it's highest right now. Bad play in the end of last season can be explained with hip injury. If he continues to suck in Finland next season, he'll be worth a 4th. Now you'll probably get a late 1st.

If we could've gotten a late 1st this past draft, he likely would be on another team right now. If he sucks in Finland this year his value goes even more in the dumpster and his NHL aspirations will be damn near dead.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That's only if he actually comes back and plays four more seasons in the NHL/AHL. If he stays in Europe the Oilers will have his rights until July 1, 2025.

"Hey Jesse, do you think that you might grow up and also learn English by 6 years from now? I guess we'll find out, call me in 5 1/2 years from now" *blocks phone number* :laugh:

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Lots of boyish revenge fantasies here. Too bad your GM is a professional. He'll take the best he can get and move on.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Why? You really think the team cares that much about a mid round pick?

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
He'll be traded within a year. That's obvious to anybody not emotionally hurt.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He'll be traded within a year. That's obvious to anybody not emotionally hurt.
You're the one here who seems the most emotionally involved. I mean you're literally trying to criticize people for not caring if the Oilers don't give in to Jesse's demands if the right deal doesn't come along because it might hurt his earning potential.

Drouin was smart enough to raise his value by playing in the NHL so that he could be traded. Lets see if Jesse is smart enough.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Why is everyone bringing up Jesse’s English as if that has any bearing on being a good player or teammate? Most Russian star players don’t speak English well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad