Rumor: Jesse Puljujarvi Discussion: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
What is funny in all of this is that nothing has changed, yet all the usual posters have jumped back into here with their pitchforks out acting as if they have been newly personally attacked by Jesse. Things stay the status quo and people freak out all over again. It truly is amazing to watch how a fan base can be so ruthless.

What's the most funny is this guy keeps saying "usual posters". There were no usual posters. There were like 3 who saw he sucked. Everyone else was supporting him until he said F U to the team

Now the scope has broadened due to JP giving the finger to the team and this skippy is acting as if it's being happening all along by the masses

Pathetic and predictable posting unfortunately.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Only in a league that isn't the NHL.
Edmonton has his NHL rights for another four years. I'm quite sure he doesn't have to play in Europe for more than one or two years. Must be a nightmare. Playing a year or two for his hometown team. Sure he'll only be getting something like 350k$ a year. Guess he dislikes your captain or city so much, that he risks loosing a million. He has fulfilled his contract and earned the right to say he does not want to play with you. Get over it.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Edmonton has his NHL rights for another four years. I'm quite sure he doesn't have to play in Europe for more than one or to years. Must be a nightmare. Playing a year or two for his hometown team. Sure he'll only be getting something like 350k$ a year. Guess he dislikes your captain or city so much, that he risks loosing a million. He has fulfilled his contract and earned the right to choose he does not want to play with you. Get over it.
Again you have zero idea what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jesse had a three year contract. He fulfilled it. Now he can choose where he wants to play. I respect him betting on himself becoming a top 6 NHL player, even if this route means less money short term.

He sure can play anywhere that he wants to in Europe. Enjoy the next 4 years there, hopefully he does some growing up in the meantime.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Edmonton has his NHL rights for another four years. I'm quite sure he doesn't have to play in Europe for more than one or two years. Must be a nightmare. Playing a year or two for his hometown team. Sure he'll only be getting something like 350k$ a year. Guess he dislikes your captain or city so much, that he risks loosing a million. He has fulfilled his contract and earned the right to say he does not want to play with you. Get over it.

How long did Nichuskin play in the KHL? Is he going back this year? If Jesse goes there and blows we might not have anyone looking at adding him for anything of substance at which point you hope that he gets his **** together by years 3 or 4. There are no guarantees that Jesse becomes anything to write home about at the NHL level, when you point the finger at everything and everyone but yourself you tend to not grow as a person or a player so he's already well behind the 8 ball. Get over the fact that he can stay in Europe for the next 4 years if he wants to be a whiny *****.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How he kept smiling when McLellan kept sending him over and over again to serve bench minors and goaltender penalties should have been a hint that he was hiding the sad face inside :[

Between the tongue in his nose and always smiling he reminds me of this.

Last edited:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
lol "Get over it". Ya, I never was 'under it' to begin with. If the NHL is his goal( spoiler: it is) then he is playing a very risky game with his career and future earnings.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What's the most funny is this guy keeps saying "usual posters". There were no usual posters. There were like 3 who saw he sucked. Everyone else was supporting him until he said F U to the team

Now the scope has broadened due to JP giving the finger to the team and this skippy is acting as if it's being happening all along by the masses

Pathetic and predictable posting unfortunately.

So sick of the "usual posters" shtick. If these "usual posters" were ever actually called out, I 100% guarantee their views on Pulju are no where near how Nabob likes to convey them. As if there are Oilers fans who HATED THE KID AND WANTED HIM TO FAIL FROM DAY 1. He's a 4th overall pick, we'd like nothing more than for him to help the team.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
“Get over it”

As he defends an entitled baby. You can’t make this stuff up.
He's not the first nor the last young player that is disgruntled. The majority of them don't publicly demand a trade when they are 21 and have done jack squat at the NHL level.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wonder what this post is...

For clarity the last time this poster was seen here posting much he was calling out Connor McDavid on everything.

Am I the only one connecting the dots here?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Curious about your theory that all draft picks are chosen at their correct positions in the draft and the scouts will know where a player belongs based on their entire evaluations of the players (including personality traits, character etc).

Do you feel that holds true with JP as well? Was it the correct choice of the scouts and teams in the NHL to have him selected at #4 in the NHL in his draft?

Edit..
Sorry... that was a theory expressed more by @CycloneSweep in conversations with me. Curious if he feels that way about JP as well.

guymez please ignore the stuff above directed to you... got my HFOil posters wrong for a moment there. :)

Thank goodness for your edit...I couldnt recall any theory I'd had about draft positions...you had the wheels turning big time. :laugh:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm a "usual poster" on Puljujarvi. I liked him, until I really watched him just fail about and not learn simple lessons. I watched him effortlessly look good at times in the AHL and not even put in the effort here. Watched him be the weak link on our bad 4th line.

Watched him try and strong arm Holland which has back fired incredibly, so much so the fan base that loved the kid thinks he is a brat now

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How he kept smiling when McLellan kept sending him over and over again to serve bench minors and goaltender penalties should have been a hint that he was hiding the sad face inside :[

Hiding a sad face. Or putting on full display his stupid face.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Curious about your theory that all draft picks are chosen at their correct positions in the draft and the scouts will know where a player belongs based on their entire evaluations of the players (including personality traits, character etc).

Do you feel that holds true with JP as well? Was it the correct choice of the scouts and teams in the NHL to have him selected at #4 in the NHL in his draft?

Edit..
Sorry... that was a theory expressed more by @CycloneSweep in conversations with me. Curious if he feels that way about JP as well.

guymez please ignore the stuff above directed to you... got my HFOil posters wrong for a moment there. :)
Actually Puljujarvi is an example of where interviewing a player and talking to them paints a more complete picture of the player than just their stats and watching.

Oilers didn't even talk to Pulju apparently. Puljujarvis issue is not skill, it's between his ears. That's not always apparent by just watching a young teen play. It's why talking to these kids is so important.

For the most part consensus rankings are accurate on what the players are at time or draft and their potential vs risk. High to mid first is all about high potential low risk.

Puljujarvi was the right pick at 4-5, just because he turned out trash doesn't change that fact

Reactions: scholl

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
If he had any ballz or confidence whatsoever, he would come to Edmonton like A MAN, play his a** off to up his trade value.

WTF does he think is going to happen playing in Europe? lol

Dude, you look worse than Nail Yakupov and you are on a high horse?

Complete imbecile. New coach. New GM.

And I think he has been utter trash and not an everyday NHL player until he starts skating like he is not drunk and looking lost, etc.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wonder what this post is...

For clarity the last time this poster was seen here posting much he was calling out Connor McDavid on everything.

Am I the only one connecting the dots here?

Jesse's buddy or family member that understands the English language, we all know that it's not Jesse for obvious reasons (he still sucks at English).

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If he had any ballz or confidence whatsoever, he would come to Edmonton like A MAN, play his a** off to up his trade value.

WTF does he think is going to happen playing in Europe? lol

Dude, you look worse than Nail Yakupov and you are on a high horse?

Complete imbecile. New coach. New GM.

And I think he has been utter trash and not an everyday NHL player until he starts skating like he is not drunk and looking lost, etc.

Dude is clumsy as f*** on the ice. And I don't think hiring 5 engish tutors for him would have changed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad