Rumor: Jesse Puljujarvi Discussion: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He was offered a contract, which he refused to sign. The reason being he doesn’t want to be here.

What is there that you dont understand? Because it seems you are being purposefully obtuse, which isn’t a good look.

It’s like a player has never chosen to not sign his qualifying offer before. Best he be burnt at the stake.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Huh? The entire interview quotes him as saying he wants to play for a new team this season, and he will find a place to play somewhere.

The part that was quoted saying that was not Jesse speaking...unless he was speaking in the 3rd person :laugh:

This requirement can be considered quite exceptional, especially among Finnish players. The three-year contract with Puljujärvi had expired and the player's camp had lost faith in the bright future of the Oilers."

Are we thinking that is Jesse speaking or do I have the wrong quote. Sorry if I’m wrong.

Oct 15, 2008
It’s like a player has never chosen to not sign his qualifying offer before. Best he be burnt at the stake.
He has also requested a trade and both he and his agent have expressed in the media, multiple times including yesterday, that he has no interest in playing here.

If you honestly cant objectively look at this then why bother responding at all? Unless of course you are just looking to stir the pot, in which case that’s pretty clearly trolling, but hey, you do you.

Reactions: Debbie Mathers

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He has also requested a trade and both he and his agent have expressed in the media, multiple times including yesterday, that he has no interest in playing here.

If you honestly cant objectively look at this then why bother responding at all? Unless of course you are just looking to stir the pot, in which case that’s pretty clearly trolling, but hey, you do you.

Yes he requested a trade.

Guess I’ll go grab my pitchfork and start yelling obscenities so I don’t get accused of trolling (calling someone a troll is against the rules of the site btw ;) )

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He simply said that he doesn’t have a contract...so he can’t as it stands play for the Oilers :laugh: how is that such a hard concept for so many fans to understand?

Are you purposely being obtuse and ignoring the fact he said he doesn't want to play for the Oilers?

Why is reading so difficult for you?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Are you purposely being obtuse and ignoring the fact he said he doesn't want to play for the Oilers?

Why is reading so difficult for you?

In acknowledged that he requested a trade. Many times. I’ll do it again if you like.

He wants to be traded.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There are people calling the fans divas in this? Holy f***, am I in the Twilight Zone?

The agent came out and made a very public trade me or I go to Europe threat then Jesse Puljujarvi himself came out and echoed those same thoughts and it's the fans acting like divas? Get outta here.

With all due respect to those posters who said that, that's a load of horsecrap. Of course this will upset the fans who either wanted the player to succeed here or get a good trade return for him. WTF did you guys expect the fan reaction to be? Jeez

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
There are people calling the fans divas in this? Holy ****, am I in the Twilight Zone?

The agent came out and made a very public trade me or I go to Europe threat then Jesse Puljujarvi himself came out and echoed those same thoughts and it's the fans acting like divas? Get outta here.
With all due respect to those posters who said that, that's a load of horsecrap.

Yes I said the fans who are resorting to acting like petty children are acting like divas. Then a few select people got super offended and acted even more like divas.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He is like Fonzie. He cant admit when he is wrong. It’s quite sad actually.

Its funny because initially, even the most critical of JP were, albeit half heartedly, giving him the benefit of doubt and that maybe, just maybe it was his agent pulling his strings.

Turns out JP is in fact an entitled brat.

But somehow, it's Oilers fans that are in the wrong smh

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yes I said the fans who are resorting to acting like petty children are acting like divas. Then a few select people got super offended and acted even more like divas.

How so?

People resorting to making comments about his physical appearance are being petty but how else are we being divas? Did you expect people here to be happy with these developments? Damn right we're upset with Jesse about this and rightfully so.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2008
Its funny because initially, even the most critical of JP were, albeit half heartedly, giving him the benefit of doubt and that maybe, just maybe it was his agent pulling his strings.

This started with me posting what I heard from Lowetide, about Jessie not likely being back with the Oilers, before any of this went public, so shout out to him.

It was then that we were told that this couldn’t be the case and then pics of Dumbo and Benning etc playing baseball and whatnot were preferred as “proof” that everything was fine and that Jessie liked it here and was liked here and would be back..... and its just morphed into a giant shit snowball from there, with every step along the way being denial, deflect, criticize fans, rinse, recycle and repeat.....

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

You mean those who have never said a positive post about him since day one we’re giving him the benefit of the doubt hmmm neat.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Where did I blame the fans? :laugh:

Going off the deep end a little aren’t you Bry?

Read this thread and tell me there aren’t a bunch of fans acting like divas. Like jilted boys who got turned down by a boy. It’s pretty pathetic. Pretty easy to see why most players don’t want to play in Edmonton.

I have never been pro or against JP, just prove yourself one way or the other kiddo. But his petulance I find disgusting. He doesn't get his way so he pouts, takes his toys, goes home and gets a new hairdo. Doesn't matter if he was playing for us or any team, kids that do this in pro sports I have no time for.

Players don't want to play in Edmonton because of A- high Canadian taxes, B- its in the middle of nowhere relative to other major North American sports cities, and C- there is nothing to do here unless you like being frozen to death in winter and love pea gravel sand blasting your car in the spring. Not because of anything that is said in a hockey forum. Also if you think fans are tough here, try Philadelphia or New York. Last time I checked a lot of players want to play there.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
This started with me posting what I heard from Lowetide, about Jessie not likely being back with the Oilers, before any of this went public, so shout out to him.

It was then that we were told that this couldn’t be the case and then pics of Dumbo and Benning etc playing baseball and whatnot were preferred as “proof” that everything was fine and that Jessie liked it here and was liked here and would be back..... and its just morphed into a giant **** snowball from there, with every step along the way being denial, deflect, criticize fans, rinse, recycle and repeat.....

Even the most diehard JP 'haters' (if you wanna call it that) were wondering if JP was just stupid and letting his agent dictate it all.

Nope. Turns out the whole notion of the agent being just an extension of the player was true after all. Guy just doesn't want to be here.

Jives with the McDavid quote of essentially telling those that dont want to be here to GTFO. Also corroborates with what my coworker had said about locker room cancers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad