Player Discussion Jesper Fast: Part II

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Still think having him as a 4th liner is selling him short. He had upside back in the day, big scorer with HV71. See no reason why he can't be a Silfverberg type impact forward with more ice time.

I think he's the type of guy that can play on any line effectively. Even if he's not the most naturally gifted offensive player, his willingness to go to the net, dig pucks out of corners and forecheck the hell out of the opposition makes him a positive contributor. That and he does have decent hands and instincts.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Still think having him as a 4th liner is selling him short. He had upside back in the day, big scorer with HV71. See no reason why he can't be a Silfverberg type impact forward with more ice time.

Because he never shoots and silfverberg just fires at will

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
At the beginning of the year so many people were crapping on Fast

He's not a top 6 but a fantastic depth guy. Really hope they don't lose him to expansion but right now he'd be picked imo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Him and Lindberg true blueshirts. Even when a lot of fans were down on them they probably were the difference up front early in the series until KZB line and others started to wake up.

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
There are certain guys that will be around the league forever because they do everything that winning teams want. Guys like Fedotenko, Max Talbot, and Justin Williams. Jesper Fast is one of those guys. I would be shocked if he doesn't win a Stanley Cup before he is done playing.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I feel like one of Lindberg or Fast will be picked by Vegas.

I'd hate to lose either. They're nice forward depth, but depending upon who's available, Raanta may not be enough of a pull at goalie.

That said, there should be a lot of players in the Fast/Lindberg mold available, so we might be okay. All depends upon who they like.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
give them a 3rd to take Holden.

Give them a 2nd to take Staal

Give them a first to take Staal & Girardi (via trade).

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The expansion is set up so that every team loses a good player. I think either Fast or Lindberg is gone, unless a trade happens and they protect one, or the team bribes vegas to take Klein haha

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The expansion is set up so that every team loses a good player. I think either Fast or Lindberg is gone, unless a trade happens and they protect one, or the team bribes vegas to take Klein haha

Yeah, I believe that Gorton need to do something if we have any plans to keep Fast in that expansion draft.
It might be Fast last playoffs for the Rangers.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I'd hate to lose Fast, but at least we wouldn't have to go through the pain of seeing him unable to wear #19...I guess. It'd just be weird if he wasn't, unless he picks 12 if Puempel is dumped.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00