Player Discussion Jesper Fast: Part II

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I have been comparing Fast to Fedotenko for a little while with his versatility and defensive responsibility. He has the ability to move around the line-up and fit in anywhere the same way Fedotenko did throughout his career. That's incredibly valuable.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I have been comparing Fast to Fedotenko for a little while with his versatility and defensive responsibility. He has the ability to move around the line-up and fit in anywhere the same way Fedotenko did throughout his career. That's incredibly valuable.

Hope it comes with two Cups, too

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I like Fast but I do feel he gets overrated a bit on this board at times. Im happy with him on our 4th line.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just the perfect fourth line player. Brings it absolutely every shift. Together with Lindberg, they're 2/3 of an incredible fourth line. Please find a way to keep Jesper (and Oscar).

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just the perfect fourth line player. Brings it absolutely every shift. Together with Lindberg, they're 2/3 of an incredible fourth line. Please find a way to keep Jesper (and Oscar).

Yup, perfectly said..he is the perfect 4th line player. Things get iffy when he gets put in the top 9 for more than a few shifts.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We have a really good fourth line. If we could keep it that way, it would be good. Let Las Vegas take Holden in the expansion draft.

maddskkilz

Jan 27, 2016
Fast epitomizes the heart and soul grinder that teams need for deep playoff runs. He never quits and 99% of the time makes the right play. Him and Lindbergh are a great 4th line tandem. Just wish he was a little bigger so his hits would have some more impact

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
he is awesome

He's done some pretty good things in the playoffs.

Outplaying a bunch of our bigger names in this series.

does all the little things right. his compete level is second to none and it is nuce to see him rewarded with some goals. at 1 mill a year he is one of the better bargains and best 4th liners in the league

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Vanilla gets the job done.

He hustles, he's physical and he'll score a goal or two against the best goalie in the world in the playoffs. :)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Jesper has always been a good player. He's a hard worker in all areas of the ice and one of our more intelligent players. He doesn't make bad plays even when he's under pressure. The thing is though he's never going to be a big offensive point producer or goal scorer. He's good as a 3rd liner but great as a 4th liner. Teams need players like him.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
fasth isnt the most skilled ranger. hes not the fastest ranger. hes not the toughest ranger. hes not the biggest ranger. hes not the most agile ranger. hes not the strongest ranger. hes not the smartest ranger.

but nobody...NOBODY up front works even close to as hard as he does.

Kinda reminds me of Jed Ortmeyer when we first got him. Strictly in terms of effort level relative to everything around him. His effort level literally put everyone else to shame...Same thing with Fasth.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Fast is a lot more skilled than Ortmeyer was though.

Glass is more skilled than Ortmeyer lol.

I'll never forget Ortmeyer's goal on Brodeur in game 4 I think during the playoff series when Jagr dislocated his shoulder pushing/punching Gomez at the end of a game. No score in the 1st, Jed is driving wide on the D and throws a bad angle weak shot (his offensive specialty) stopped by Brodeur and on his drive by behind the net he reached back and lightly tapped the puck and somehow it impossibly squeezed through the standing Marty and the post. I had hope for 2 minutes that maybe we would pull out a win and make a series out of it until the Devils scored 2 quick ones on Hank who was also suffering from migraines that year and had a rough end to the season and playoffs. Good times.

Back on topic, Fast is best playing a straight forward hard nosed game, ideal for the playoffs. He can play east west too pretty well but he gets himself in trouble when on the top lines and is forced to play that style regularly.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Still think having him as a 4th liner is selling him short. He had upside back in the day, big scorer with HV71. See no reason why he can't be a Silfverberg type impact forward with more ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad