Player Discussion Jesper Fast: Part II

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
We need to keep Fast. I'd say Raanta too, but we're obviously a lot better with a speedster like Hags/Grabs. The difference is very noticeable. Lindberg I think is more replaceable as much as I like the Swedish duo. I have no idea. I'm happy I'm not the one who has to make the call. I really think we need to keep Fast above all though.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I could live with losing Raanta to the expansion draft. Losing Fast would definitely hurt. I absolutely love his game.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I think there are enough goaltending options out there where they're more likely to go Fast/Lindberg, but won't be shocked eitherway. Obviously Raanta is talented and had a great y ear.

I thought that too but can we list some goalies cause its easier said than done lol

I also think they take 3-4 goalies and trade 1

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
id protect Fasth over Lindberg and Grabner.

But id pay them to take grabner over lindberg.

I love all 3 of them. Call me crazy...but I think I'd prefer LV to take Raanta over any of those 3. I have Faith that Benoit can locate, recommend, and work with an inexpensive back-up to succeed Raanta.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Would you do that if you were them?

Picking a player you also need, and get a pick with it? I think Fast's value for us doesn't come close to his value to other teams. Some players just do well in a certain environment. Holden is a safe choice for defense. Fast as a bottom-6 forward is good, but not e neccesity for any team

RangerFan10

I thought that too but can we list some goalies cause its easier said than done lol

I also think they take 3-4 goalies and trade 1
I think they actually have to take 3 goalies, but I think between free agency and a lot of adequate backups out there. Without going through every team, I have:

Marc-Andre Fluery, Al Montoya, Jimmy Howard, Jared Coreau, Malcolm Subban

Who knows, Phoenix may even expose Mike Smith.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I think they actually have to take 3 goalies, but I think between free agency and a lot of adequate backups out there. Without going through every team, I have:

Marc-Andre Fluery, Al Montoya, Jimmy Howard, Jared Coreau, Malcolm Subban

Who knows, Phoenix may even expose Mike Smith.
They have to take a minimum of 3 goalies, but they could take as many as 7. I've made that mistake before.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
They might take more than 3 and try to trade some at the Entry Draft
Yeah, they're picking 30 players to fill out a 23 man roster, and they're likely going to want to be players in free agency after as well. So with some of the picks, they're going to be looking for strictly value, and the rules make it so there will be more good goalies available than defensemen, and especially forwards.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, they're picking 30 players to fill out a 23 man roster, and they're likely going to want to be players in free agency after as well. So with some of the picks, they're going to be looking for strictly value, and the rules make it so there will be more good goalies available than defensemen, and especially forwards.

Raanta
Darling
Howard/Mrazek
Pickard
Domingue
Condon
Fleury
Bishop

They have some options there. Could go with more than 3, easily. Trade for defensemen or forwards

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Lol a 4th to take Holden, if the Rangers offered me that I'd pick Fast just to be a dick.

eh...i dunno...maybe a 3rd would be more enticing or what not..but its not like they are gonna compete...this draft sucks...so they can take Fasth or Lindberg..and what..have them be the top line player on their team? How long before those guys are exposed and leave? Plus the Knights need to reach the cap floor..there are scenarios where they would be better suited in taking worse players for draft picks in the following draft rather than this one.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
eh...i dunno...maybe a 3rd would be more enticing or what not..but its not like they are gonna compete...this draft sucks...so they can take Fasth or Lindberg..and what..have them be the top line player on their team? How long before those guys are exposed and leave? Plus the Knights need to reach the cap floor..there are scenarios where they would be better suited in taking worse players for draft picks in the following draft rather than this one.

Second or third would definitely be a start. You're also looking at it solely from a roster perspective. I bet Fast/Lindberg both could fetch a 2nd or 3rd to the right team themselves. I guess you could argue a 4th and Holden is close in value, but only to someone who thinks Holden doesn't eat ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->