Jeremy Colliton Thread 2

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The hawks lineup is not as bad as it seems.....i know injuries happened but other teams have injuries too... Take for instance Edmonton... Change coach and the results were positive.Its the coaching of this team that is one of the main reasons of its failure.. Line combinations and poor powerplay ....Their system is too wide open and makes for lot of chances against.... If goalie is on off night then last night is the result
the system that the Bhawks is using is old for these players. time to come in with a new scheme.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You don't understand what the Salary Cap's job is do you? What happened to the Hawks is exactly what the salary cap is supposed to do. :facepalm:
the Bhawks gave at a minimum 7.1 mil to 2 players that the Bhawks really didn't need. that is on the FO.

1 hefty contract - goalie will be coming off the book next season that is an additional 5-6 mil.

this is but a sample of the FO mismanaging the salary cap future.

Reactions: BrianE

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
New 31 Thoughts podcast:

-Carolina not that interested in Lehner after all, prefer guys with term.
-Not sure Chicago is willing to go where Lehner thinks a fair contract is and it will be one of the toughest negotiations to the deadline.
-Gus, Saad and the two goalies on the table
-Saad is one of three players Boston would consider giving up a first for but would prefer to give up a prospect. The other two are Kreider and Palmeri.

Edit: Please delete this was meant for the trade thread.

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
It is intriguing to see the Colliton bashing, as if the coach is the primary reason for failure. Sometimes. But I find it hard to overlook a disappointing Cat, a disappointing Strome, a disappointing Keith, Seabrook when he was playing, stupid asinine trade for Shaw, etc etc. Never, EVER over-estimate the "grinder guys" like Shaw. They are overrated. Yes he has heart and we love him. But this late in his career? Dumb. Saad? Eh. Toews? Don't let his half decent play recently overlook the fact that he was horrible for the first 2 months of the season. If he produced consistently at the beginning of the season, we would have 5 more victories (10 more points and a playoff spot). Crawford is teetering on being an AHL level goalie. Dach is admirable but he is 19 and it shows. Hang on to him for the future. Only Kane has been consistently earning his money. But right now, we are NOT a good team. A hockey coach version of John Wooden couldn't get this team to perform, let alone Gallant please. I HATE it when teams overpay for coaches and for older players (Babcock LOL, San Jose signing Karlsson OMG how dumb), and we have plenty of those mistakes. People say coach Q is laughing? Um...how was the overpaid coach Q doing in the past couple of seasons when he did NOT have Keith, Toews, Seabrook in their prime? Colliton firing is not the answer. Give him a team to work with who don't slump and rest on their past laurels, and then if the team sucks, fire him. But he has not had a fair chance in any way.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
It is intriguing to see the Colliton bashing, as if the coach is the primary reason for failure. Sometimes. But I find it hard to overlook a disappointing Cat, a disappointing Strome, a disappointing Keith, Seabrook when he was playing, stupid asinine trade for Shaw, etc etc. Never, EVER over-estimate the "grinder guys" like Shaw. They are overrated. Yes he has heart and we love him. But this late in his career? Dumb. Saad? Eh. Toews? Don't let his half decent play recently overlook the fact that he was horrible for the first 2 months of the season. If he produced consistently at the beginning of the season, we would have 5 more victories (10 more points and a playoff spot). Crawford is teetering on being an AHL level goalie. Dach is admirable but he is 19 and it shows. Hang on to him for the future. Only Kane has been consistently earning his money. But right now, we are NOT a good team. A hockey coach version of John Wooden couldn't get this team to perform, let alone Gallant please. I HATE it when teams overpay for coaches and for older players (Babcock LOL, San Jose signing Karlsson OMG how dumb), and we have plenty of those mistakes. People say coach Q is laughing? Um...how was the overpaid coach Q doing in the past couple of seasons when he did NOT have Keith, Toews, Seabrook in their prime? Colliton firing is not the answer. Give him a team to work with who don't slump and rest on their past laurels, and then if the team sucks, fire him. But he has not had a fair chance in any way.

The job of the coach is to get the most out of their players--and especially at the NHL level their job is also to manage egoes. Colliton has not done either.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
disappointing Keith,

Saad? Eh.

Toews? Don't let his half decent play recently overlook the fact that he was horrible for the first 2 months of the season.

Crawford is teetering on being an AHL level goalie. .
Keith has played pretty well for the majority of the year carrying around a young Boqvist by his side most of the year.

Saad has been one of our best players

Toews had a bad month, since November 1st, he is one of the top ES point producers in the league.

and LOL @ Crawford being AHL goalie quality, look at his stats since beginning of January.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Crawford had a slow start but has been very good since the calendar turned to 2020. Lehner has been the bad goalie since then.

Crow since 1/1: 4-5-1 2.30 GAA .926 sv%
Lehner since 1/1: 4-4-1 3.58 GAA .897 sv%

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i like this post, but everyone is not blaming the coach .... but he does deserve some blame. this whole freaking org is to blame...

i will start at the top down. fix it.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
But but but the Penguins never everrrrrrrrr missed the Playoffs under Crosby and Malkin Era. Neverrrrrrrrrrr. And Crosby and
Malkin were Neverrrrrrrrrrr the Issue in Pitts, only Injury issues. Wait for it. As long as one of Malkin or Crosby is the line up, the Penguins will
make the playoffs because their level as players and leaders are that far and above the Hawks elites.

Thanks for your input.

Reactions: KWP

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So let me understand...KC first is angry at his team's lack of energy against NYR ...Then he cancels on oce sessions and instead goes to off-ice video sessions with the pkayers...because he says he "thinks it is not a physical problem" bit rather mental( as in lack of focus)...

Sure there is no attention to detail in how to check or cover any opp in the d-zone..but that has been The Focus issue All season!Nothing new ...now if it was physical then you cancel on ice sessions because .. duh..they ate tired and lack physical energy...so more rest is the solution..but that is NOT what he "thinks" is the problem..Somehow their mental tiredness/lack of focus is translating to "lack of energy"..that is lack of hurried movement or as we call it in the vernacular "hustle"...How ca mental fatigue translate to a muscular fatigue in not EXERTING to the degree Required to Compete?

The only way such a mental flaw on a team translates to slow and lazy skating and half-hearted stick check leaves as the opps skate past and through them is because of a lack of WANT ...in other words they are too COMPLACENT ...Willong to accept losses when exertion manifests for just 1 of 3vperiodsvor less..

They are too"confortable"due to fat conyractsxand MMC s...Apparently most ofvthe opps they play never seem to be as low energy ...I guess because...you know...they Want and understand the importance of getti g the 2 points..but for the Hawks...energy is expensed only for 1 oeriodbor less on average...and the Mind gets fatigued even with ONLY that exertion of "energy".

It is AS IF A Nlackhawks player can only fathom.a short concentration to the task ...then his mind wanders off to Macchu Picvhu or whatever he is dreaming of...

But the opps.... they concentrate on the task and keep up the energy because they do not lose focus on the task at hand. So ...you know...winning puck racesand 1 on2 battles is just part of job requirement and so they keep up the focus and that translates back as higher energy.

JC may be hoping his off ice video talks change his team's go us and provide the necessary energy,but the players really just do not care much,then the video stuff is goi g to fall on dead ears.

If thdmplayers really really really "want it " then they would hustle more with higher energy showi g..butvakas they Still just do not seem to really WANT it bad enough.

HawksIsles

Dec 12, 2011
I never understood why Colliton was hired in the first place.
He had so little experience as a HC.
Few years in Sweden and 1 year in AHL just isn't enough.
He should have been hired as an assistant coach and get some experience.
How can a coach so green be expected to coach veterans that won 3 cups?
There just wasn't any credibility.
Bowman ruined Colliton.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
With the Hawks, it is not a lack of wanting to win the two points but rather the big lack of not knowing how to make the right decisions on ice. I have watched pretty well all the games and I see the same thing over and over again - no idea how to play as a team and no idea how to make the right decisions. The Hawks for the most part just skate around the ice totally lost as to what to do and when the opponent starts scoring a goal or two they just give up. They play far too soft, scared stiff to throw a proper body check or knock an opponent off the puck. This all goes back to very poor coaching and coaching decisions. Time to overhaul the complete coaching staff with a decent experienced coach who will push his players to play all out 60 minutes of every game.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
With the Hawks, it is not a lack of wanting to win the two points but rather the big lack of not knowing how to make the right decisions on ice. I have watched pretty well all the games and I see the same thing over and over again - no idea how to play as a team and no idea how to make the right decisions. The Hawks for the most part just skate around the ice totally lost as to what to do and when the opponent starts scoring a goal or two they just give up. They play far too soft, scared stiff to throw a proper body check or knock an opponent off the puck. This all goes back to very poor coaching and coaching decisions. Time to overhaul the complete coaching staff with a decent experienced coach who will push his players to play all out 60 minutes of every game.

Quenneville couldn't either. Could Gallant?

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
But but but the Penguins never everrrrrrrrr missed the Playoffs under Crosby and Malkin Era. Neverrrrrrrrrrr. And Crosby and Malkin were Neverrrrrrrrrrr the Issue in Pitts, only Injury issues. Wait for it. As long as one of Malkin or Crosby is the line up, the Penguins will make the playoffs because their level as players and leaders are that far and above the Hawks elites.

Couldnt even make it past round 1 for most of 2010-15 due to their temper tantrums.

Crosby and Malkin have been held pointless through 4 playoff series through that time span. Generational leadership.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Couldnt even make it past round 1 for most of 2010-15 due to their temper tantrums.

Crosby and Malkin have been held pointless through 4 playoff series through that time span. Generational leadership.

How long ago the Hawks made the playoffs. Oh yeah. It's bee a few years under hawks greats correct. Shhhhh

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I never understood why Colliton was hired in the first place.
He had so little experience as a HC.
Few years in Sweden and 1 year in AHL just isn't enough.
He should have been hired as an assistant coach and get some experience.
How can a coach so green be expected to coach veterans that won 3 cups?
There just wasn't any credibility.
Bowman ruined Colliton.

It appeared to me that the plan was to bring in JC after a few years in RFD but the need to dump Q overrode waiting. The hope was/is that JC would grow into it but it doesn't look promising at this point in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad