RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
JC is every bit the terrible coach I have said he is

giphy.gif

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
JC should have been gone the dayGallant lost his job. Pretty obvious the front office doesn’t care about anything but their egos. If they really cared about the team play a new coach would have been named already. Dark times. This might mean JC is driving the bus again next year. RIP

ovechkinbottom10

Feb 10, 2020
burish was on espn 1000 the other day and I think he said all this hesitation with the puck is the result of them being told to play patient with the puck. seems to be working out great!

Reactions: Styles

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Again, give Bowman the boot and let his replacement decide who'll be next season's head coach. If he picks Colliton, then you give both of them (JC and Stan's replacement) a very short leash. If he picks up Gallant or BB, you can take a sigh of relief knowing that the new guy made a smart decision right off the bat.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Again, give Bowman the boot and let his replacement decide who'll be next season's head coach. If he picks Colliton, then you give both of them (JC and Stan's replacement) a very short leash. If he picks up Gallant or BB, you can take a sigh of relief knowing that the new guy made a smart decision right off the bat.
If Bowman has the stones to fire Colliton, I think he should stay. If he won't fire JC, then Bowman should go with him. Colliton cannot be allowed to coach this team next year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If Bowman has the stones to fire Colliton, I think he should stay. If he won't fire JC, then Bowman should go with him. Colliton cannot be allowed to coach this team next year.
Bowman has already made his bed numerous times. Unless he goes scorched earth at the deadline and pulls in a huge haul, the guy doesn't deserve to stick around.

Bowman is the 3rd longest tenured GM in the league. He's had his opportunities, but now it's best to move on. Teams that miss the playoffs multiple seasons in a row usually shake up their management, and I think it's that time here.

Reactions: LDF

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I feel the only way to get rid of those two is for every Hawk fan to stop buying tickets and boycott all games. Wirtz is an idiot and he needs to be hit where it hurts and that is in the pocket book. Wirtz could care less about his team as long as the money keeps coming in.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Bowman has already made his bed numerous times. Unless he goes scorched earth at the deadline and pulls in a huge haul, the guy doesn't deserve to stick around.

Bowman is the 3rd longest tenured GM in the league. He's had his opportunities, but now it's best to move on. Teams that miss the playoffs multiple seasons in a row usually shake up their management, and I think it's that time here.
Just my opinion, but Bowman has too many large contracts on the books to do a proper rebuild. The issues the Hawks are dealing with now are a direct result of their success.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Just my opinion, but Bowman has too many large contracts on the books to do a proper rebuild. The issues the Hawks are dealing with now are a direct result of their success.
i somewhat disagree...... Shaw trade, Smith trade, and for me the 2 goalies that was traded for in the off season.

even with that, shaw and smith combine salary is 7.1 mil.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
You don't understand what the Salary Cap's job is do you? What happened to the Hawks is exactly what the salary cap is supposed to do. :facepalm:

Ya sure buddy that must be it, you are so blind you just can’t admit Stan is a garbage GM. Its his fault not the fault of success, he chose to give Seabrook that horrendous long ass contract and he didn’t even front load it so he can be easy to trade later and he gave him a NMC when he was old as it is, what other contracts are there? Shaw and Dehaan he just acquired... What happened to all the players lost? Oh ya I don’t understand, look at yourself bro... lol

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Ya sure buddy that must be it, you are so blind you just can’t admit Stan is a garbage GM. Its his fault not the fault of success, he chose to give Seabrook that horrendous long ass contract and he didn’t even front load it so he can be easy to trade later and he gave him a NMC when he was old as it is, what other contracts are there? What happened to all the players lost? Oh ya I don’t understand, look at yourself bro... lol
That's literally the only awful contract he handed out.
Panarin, Teravainen and others would have been gone regardless, they couldn't have afforded them anyway.

The Penguins were in purgatory while the Hawks were winning cups, so don't point to them as some models franchise. They had to go through a lot of 1st/2nd round exits before they got back to cup contention. You could reasonably argue that they wasted Crosby and Malkin's best seasons.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il

If Colliton goes, Stan must go. 1 1/2 years for his choice of HC. Not good.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
That's literally the only awful contract he handed out.
Panarin, Teravainen and others would have been gone regardless, they couldn't have afforded them anyway.

The Penguins were in purgatory while the Hawks were winning cups, so don't point to them as some models franchise. They had to go through a lot of 1st/2nd round exits before they got back to cup contention. You could reasonably argue that they wasted Crosby and Malkin's best seasons.

But but but the Penguins never everrrrrrrrr missed the Playoffs under Crosby and Malkin Era. Neverrrrrrrrrrr. And Crosby and Malkin were Neverrrrrrrrrrr the Issue in Pitts, only Injury issues. Wait for it. As long as one of Malkin or Crosby is the line up, the Penguins will make the playoffs because their level as players and leaders are that far and above the Hawks elites.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
The hawks lineup is not as bad as it seems.....i know injuries happened but other teams have injuries too... Take for instance Edmonton... Change coach and the results were positive.Its the coaching of this team that is one of the main reasons of its failure.. Line combinations and poor powerplay ....Their system is too wide open and makes for lot of chances against.... If goalie is on off night then last night is the result

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->