Jeremy Colliton Thread 2

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL

If there ever was a reason to question Stan at this point, this quote is it.

Chances are they will have a strong finish with the schedule as it is but too little too late is what loser teams do.

WOW! Just WOW! But we all know Stan would never criticize his boy in public. To bring a young unproven coach to follow Q and coach a veteran team was a huge mistake. I was willing to give JC the benefit of the doubt after last season, but he has had an entire year with this team, with some better players, and has been a disaster

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What did you guys expect Bowman to say? Did you think he was going to come out and trash the coach and team?

No, but that’s more than needed to be said for a vote of confidence and seems genuine.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Or something like. "We need to see improvement, we aren't where we want to be and aren't playing our best hockey consistently, and we can do some evaluating when the season is over" or some spin like that. Not say you are happy with where we are at and that this is in anyway acceptable.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Or something like. "We need to see improvement, we aren't where we want to be and aren't playing our best hockey consistently, and we can do some evaluating when the season is over" or some spin like that. Not say you are happy with where we are at and that this is in anyway acceptable.

This is what he could say. There’s no reason to verbally fellatiate him

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
JC always repeats himself after a loss. Blah,blah. It's clear he's not able to motivate this group and hasn't since day one. Heck, he's the same age as some of the players. Come on Stan make the right move this offseason.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
He simply is not putting the best line combinations forward. Having Capernter on the second line is a good way to neuter Kane.

Time for a change.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
JC always repeats himself after a loss. Blah,blah. It's clear he's not able to motivate this group and hasn't since day one. Heck, he's the same age as some of the players. Come on Stan make the right move this offseason.

This isn't a Disney movie where a rousing speech improves a flawed team. You can be critical of Colliton's strategy, lineups whatever.

But I'm so sick of hearing that the problem is he doesn't yell enough or
deliver fiery speeches. They're pros. That's not reality. There's lots of good coaches who don't yell and scream and lots of bad ones who do.

This is not a good team. Maybe a better system could help, maybe different lines but a good yellin' ain't it.

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
This isn't a Disney movie where a rousing speech improves a flawed team. You can be critical of Colliton's strategy, lineups whatever.

But I'm so sick of hearing that the problem is he doesn't yell enough or
deliver fiery speeches. They're pros. That's not reality. There's lots of good coaches who don't yell and scream and lots of bad ones who do.

This is not a good team. Maybe a better system could help, maybe different lines but a good yellin' ain't it.

Who said anything about yelling?

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
He simply is not putting the best line combinations forward. Having Capernter on the second line is a good way to neuter Kane.

Time for a change.

I'm kind of torn. Strome 100% doesn't work as Kane's center and I like Toews and Kane on separate lines.

Carpenter centering seems more consistent but stagnant. You could argue Kirby Dach should be moved up but I think he's better off building chemistry with the younger guys.

All young players have a tendency to defer to Kane and kinda wanna see Dach running his own line instead of following Kane's lead if the rest of the season is about development.

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
Ok. I'm legit not being sarcastic, if not yelling then how?

In today's world you motivate by rewarding when playing well. Optional practices shouldn't be an option for a team losing. Having players sit when not performing, but you have to understand Hockey to see that. Remember they are athletes not doctors.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ok....we note the Colliton quote after the loss tonight to STL that youcannotvexpect to win making so many mental errors...
Which mental errors was he taliking about?

1.The 4K clearcobervthe boards in own end costing a penalty that cost the game?

2. D-Cat shooting when he should have passed it to Strome who was free and clear in the slot on a 2 on ?

3.Dach pasding when he had a clear shot on a 2 on1 with D-Cat?

4.Everyone unable to check big Sandford or the mental error of not wanting any part of trying to check a Byfuglien impersonator dirsruptive power dominating prescence like that?

Funny how STL finds a guy like that off the Washington gavevup on...but we draft thevoretender power disrupter GrahamKnott who busted.

May ecj was referring to stan's mental errors on draft dates?

5. The obvious mental errors of being incompetent in defending ...only mentally challenged players could possibly keep making the same weak stick checks and out of position mistakes that Hawksbpkayers keep on making...

Yes it is mentally taxing to figure out which of these mental errors JC was most upset about...to.me theyvarecall equally egregiouscexamplescof in competence...so I guess Hawks pkayersxare both stupid and incapable of improving defensively and that is a recipe for disaster and not making playoffs.

Reactions: BrianE

Jimmy2Times

Oct 24, 2019
I imagine this is JC before talking with reporters after every loss since the break.

ytH39QV.gif

Reactions: x Tame Impala

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I was high on Colliton when we promoted him to head coach, but he’s been completely disappointing. The silver lining is that he may help us have a shot at getting Lafreniere.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I don't put that STL loss on him. This was a Team effort to lose in the end and the Blues are a good Team.

That's not taking away, that JC won't stay our HC. If he does, we will blow it all up with Toews, Kane, Crawford and Keith. If we do this, we'd be the Bulls for sure.

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad