Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
It sucks having him injured but championship teams need to overcome key injuries. I’ll make an exception for price, anyone but him

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Hopefully, it’s not too bad and Petry can continue to play shortly.

Id play Romanov tomorrow . Let Petry rest. I think we can beat them regardless

It would also give us the chance to evaluate Romanov

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Freaky play. His hand apparently got caught in the hole in the glass through which photographers aim their lenses.

Photographers are supposed to cover the hole when done. Couldn't tell if it was and Petry pushed through or what.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Losing our #1 D is a death sentence. Especially when/if we play the winner of COL/VGS. I hope we get him back.

Reactions: dinodebino

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Yeah we don’t have the depth on defence to overcome Petry’s loss unless Romanov decides to take a step now.

For the guys who watched Laval this year would guys like Fleury or Brooks be legitimate options on the right side? I mean with all the success Laval got offensively this year I’m sure those 2 were doing something good on the breakouts

Reactions: abo9

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
I remember last time we lost our top defenseman in the middle of a playoff series.

2010. Markov got badly injured, and the Habs called up a rookie to the team, PK Subban, who stepped up.

I think the Habs should repeat history here and take the chance, and call up PK Subban

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
I remember last time we lost our top defenseman in the middle of a playoff series.

2010. Markov got badly injured, and the Habs called up a rookie to the team, PK Subban, who stepped up.

I think the Habs should repeat history here and take the chance, and call up PK Subban

Not sure if you heard, but unfortunately, PK is no longer in the system. So, he won't be called up. It would be nice though.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Hopefully, he is good to go , at least for next round .

he is our most valuable player after Price .

pleassse be okay

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Not sure if you heard, but unfortunately, PK is no longer in the system. So, he won't be called up. It would be nice though.

OK, let me explain the joke here.

Basically, I was building up the expectation of "calling up a talented rookie" so people assume I call for Romanov to be called

But then I subverted expectation by suggesting the ludicrous idea that we call Subban instead, as is "calling a talented Rookie PK Subban" should focus on the Subban part.

I will be here all week, 'cause either we sweep tonight or we are stuck watching more hockey

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
If he plays I propose we call him 1-pinky petry till the end of the post season

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
The Habs should be laser-focused on finishing this in 4 to get some rest and study Colorado/Vegas who could easily go to 7. We need Petry tommorow.

We need Petry at his best to face off against Colorado/Vegas. Closing out the series in 1 or 2 more games is just not worth the risk of making the injury worse and jeopardizing what is already a pretty slim chance against Colorado/Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad