Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habidelidoo

Aug 3, 2005
Not looking for Petry. If they already know he's not playing 4 days from now, tough to be optimistic for him to play Wednesday.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Did Dr. Recchi say something cause I don't know how anyone else would know anything since the Habs say so little about injuries.

Right.

That's what I'm wondering.

Did you notice some news on twitter said he needed surgery after playoffs.... you heard that? is that accurate?

Haven't heard a thing since, and that was a few days ago, and from just 1 source.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
Yeah, it’s weird. If he’s not playing game 1, it’s either two things :
  • He just needs a little bit more time to get back to being 100% healthy
  • He won’t play another game in the playoffs
Otherwise, if they can just use a different glove/tape his fingers without much impact, why not do it game 1?

It sucks. Probably the skater that is the most difficult to replace.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I liked this Petry guy, when almost no one else did. Any team would miss a talent like him but Romanov is special as well.

Romanov is not even in the same universe as Petry at this point in his development. I like the kid but at this level of competition he will need to be heavily sheltered.

Hopefully something clicks with the kid real soon as he really struggles with reading the ice. His physicality and speed are definitely assets but his mind is still a liabilty. I am not saying that this will always be the case but he is very young and just a rookie and is quite likely over his head if put in too many high leverage situations.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Listen to Dom talk about it

Just doesnt feel right
Hope I'm wrong, but I think it's bad news with Petry
This is the playoffs. It's all about mind games, and nobody (especially fans) are going to know anything.
DD is simply holding his cards close. Petry will play... easily. He'll be fine defensively, and just wont be a point shooter on PP.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
This is the playoffs. It's all about mind games, and nobody (especially fans) are going to know anything.
DD is simply holding his cards close. Petry will play... easily. He'll be fine defensively, and just wont be a point shooter on PP.
I know exactly. I put literally zero stock in anything that comes out to the media at this point. You would think people would know better by now.

Reactions: themilosh

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Keep in mind the Habs released that image if Weber in a heavy hand wrap prior to the Leafs series. That IMO was pure gamesmanship. Wondering if they are playing the same games, seems like something MB would be into.

Reactions: themilosh

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Yeah, it’s weird. If he’s not playing game 1, it’s either two things :
  • He just needs a little bit more time to get back to being 100% healthy
  • He won’t play another game in the playoffs
Otherwise, if they can just use a different glove/tape his fingers without much impact, why not do it game 1?

It sucks. Probably the skater that is the most difficult to replace.

Not a doctor but they probably just need time for swelling to go down so he can wrap his hand around his stick and they can apply the tape. Offseason he will need surgery to repair ligament damage in his fingers from the dislocation.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Well he's not skating for fun, that's for sure...my guess is he's close to being game-ready. I think he's a game time decision tomorrow? Let's hope he's ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad