Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Still shocked and flabbergasted that absolutely no one responded when that googly eyed mental midget Kassian leveled Montembault.They all skated off the ice like weak pathetic scared wimps and sheep. It was one of the lowest points that I can remember as a lifelong hab's fan and an embarrassment to the honor and dignity of the sweater. The only guy to respond was our favourite mullet Pezzetta while the rest were weak cowards. Which players were on the ice during that disgusting display? It shows that whatever is out there now is not a team but a collection of gutless salary suckers.
The team is broken............they have been mailing it in since the opening, 5-6 game losing streak....weird for a team that played for each other last year in the playoffs.
Numerous guys gone, and numerous leaders injured. The team has no identity now...our new leadership managing group has a huge challenge in front of them, fixing a mess.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lol that's sad but this happens in every sports with major cities stop saying this is a Habs thing only This is far from the first time this kind of thing happen

There is a reason that may help explain how the extreme erratic and abusive stalker fan behavior happens in all cities.

You could probably pin it down, for the most part, to the deinstitutionalization of mental patients that has evolved since the time of the civil rights movement in the US and that industrialized nations have adopted as a prevalent model:

“Three forces drove the movement of people with severe mental illness from hospitals into the community: the belief that mental hospitals were cruel and inhumane; the hope that new antipsychotic medications offered a cure; and the desire to save money. It has not worked out as well as expected on any of the three fronts. “

Deinstitutionalization of People with Mental Illness: Causes and Consequences

You really have to have the profile of a mental patient to go and harass Petry’s wife and her kids. Just cause you may not have been diagnosed yet, doesn’t it make it any less egregious.

I submit that these mental patients can appear as the rabid fans of any sports team. It’s not exclusively a Montreal phenomenon.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
NFL players get harassed by fans about losing games for their fantasy teams lmao
You are totally right
Absolutely........way worse in the US cities, with NBA, NFL and MLB also in the mix.
Some fans are just bonkers....
Idiots are everywhere . This is just the internet reality.
There is a reason that may help explain how the extreme erratic and abusive stalker fan behavior happens in all cities.

You could probably pin it down, for the most part, to the deinstitutionalization of mental patients that has evolved since the time of the civil rights movement in the US and that industrialized nations have adopted as a prevalent model:

“Three forces drove the movement of people with severe mental illness from hospitals into the community: the belief that mental hospitals were cruel and inhumane; the hope that new antipsychotic medications offered a cure; and the desire to save money. It has not worked out as well as expected on any of the three fronts. “

You really have to have the profile of a mental patient to go and harass Petry’s wife and her kids. Just cause you may not have been diagnosed yet, doesn’t it make it any less egregious.

I submit that these mental patients can appear as the rabid fans of any sports team. It’s not exclusively a Montreal phenomenon.

For sure some people have irl problems most of the time and then they are just the edgy trolls of the internet. But yeah it happens way way way more often in the US sports like NBA.

Also someone once said , if you are popular and can't take the internet with a grain of salt, delete your social media apps. They are bad drivers everywhere and dumb people everywhere on the internet. This is just life

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I get your point. My point is the bad heavily outweighs the good according to my values and I'm happy where I am. There are many reasons why people in Canada live longer on average than people south of the border. Although not an ideal situation with restrictions, my kids are playing sports and doing fine while learning life lessons that sometimes a civil society needs to make sacrifices. It will be over soon. For crissakes my grandparents went through two world wars, lots of deaths, a global depression, several fatal diseases and many other hardships that today's generations have never had to face. Their descendants have done alright.

Back to topic...
Hopefully we get a decent return for Petry and he's happy wherever he lands.

Fair enough, difference of opinions regarding the goods and bad.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You are totally right

Idiots are everywhere . This is just the internet reality.

For sure some people have irl problems most of the time and then they are just the edgy trolls of the internet. But yeah it happens way way way more often in the US sports like NBA.

Also someone once said , if you are popular and can't take the internet with a grain of salt, delete your social media apps. They are bad drivers everywhere and dumb people everywhere on the internet. This is just life

There is also the other part of the equation: as one poster astutely put it, is it advisable for spouses and immediate family to leave large open communication channels open via social media that will eventually be used as conduits for harassment and threats by mentally unstable fans whenever a high profile player’s game leaves to be desired?

I don’t think spouses and kids should shun social media altogether but they can make their accounts private. And if they can’t resist temptation, just go the burner account route but don’t leave yourself exposed as they’re doing now.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
There is also the other part of the equation: as one poster astutely put it, is it advisable for spouses and immediate family to leave large open communication channels open via social media that will eventually be used as conduits for harassment and threats by mentally unstable fans whenever a high profile player’s game leaves to be desired?

I don’t think spouses and kids should shun social media altogether but they can make their accounts private. And if they can’t resist temptation, just go the burner account route but don’t leave yourself exposed as they’re doing now.
Agreed! The Canadian PM is clearly a casualty of this paradigm.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Agreed! The Canadian PM is clearly a casualty of this paradigm.

You don’t want me to comment on politicos. You know where that stuff starts but you never know where it ends. :laugh:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I get your point. My point is the bad heavily outweighs the good according to my values and I'm happy where I am. There are many reasons why people in Canada live longer on average than people south of the border. Although not an ideal situation with restrictions, my kids are playing sports and doing fine while learning life lessons that sometimes a civil society needs to make sacrifices. It will be over soon. For crissakes my grandparents went through two world wars, lots of deaths, a global depression, several fatal diseases and many other hardships that today's generations have never had to face. Their descendants have done alright.

Back to topic...
Hopefully we get a decent return for Petry and he's happy wherever he lands.

My dad died at 103, actually born into poverty the last pandemic and of course was up close and personal to every hardship imaginable through our recent history.....and WE the BRAVE had to endure....paid house arrest for a few months.

Ohh and the worse inhumanity of it all...I lost internet for an hour over the last two years. TWICE!

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'll one up you about the open and close thing.

Schools, sports, social activities for kids.

These things are all super important to how young kids develop. The Petry's have 3 young children (I believe all 6 and under).

Like I said on the main board, the lockdowns haven't been too bad on some people like me I'm 24 work from home still see friends etc.

But the damage/developmental delays on young kids may not well be known for a decade with lack of school and social interaction.

If I had young kids I'd be looking at opportunities in the States with places trying to balance the seriousness of COVID and the future of children.
yeah, its such a political issue now people we can't even talk about covid like adults.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

If people think montreal is a big problem, i raise them columbia.

The Chilling Murder of Colombian Soccer Star Andres Escobar, Who Was Killed After an Own Goal in the 1994 World Cup

https://www.sportscasting.com/the-c...lled-after-an-own-goal-in-the-1994-world-cup/

Last edited:

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
The team is broken............they have been mailing it in since the opening, 5-6 game losing streak....weird for a team that played for each other last year in the playoffs.
Numerous guys gone, and numerous leaders injured. The team has no identity now...our new leadership managing group has a huge challenge in front of them, fixing a mess.
sad but true

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021

They were so high last year in the Stanley Cup final and then they came crashing and they crashed hard. This is worst than the Canucks losing to the Bruins in 2011 and this was bad!!!!

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Petry goes, great, now we are down to Hope and Pray as out top 2 defenseman......but that late 1st may or may not be an NHLer or just a plain 8th defenseman.

This is like the homeless man dying from hunger because he kept buying lottery tickets to strike it rich....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad