Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
We need Petry at his best to face off against Colorado/Vegas. Closing out the series in 1 or 2 more games is just not worth the risk of making the injury worse and jeopardizing what is already a pretty slim chance against Colorado/Vegas.

Let's close out the Jets before worrying about whoever we face next. You don't plan for a game with your next opponent in mind. In any sport.

Reactions: RicoxSuave

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Let's close out the Jets before worrying about whoever we face next. You don't plan for a game with your next opponent in mind. In any sport.

Sure don't look past the Jets, but you still have to look beyond the next game when talking injuries. Up 3-0 and having back to back games there's no need to risk the injury getting worse. Honestly the best chance the Jets have of coming back and winning this series is for Petry to play, aggravate his injury and be out long term.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If he plays I propose we call him 1-pinky petry till the end of the post season

Lmao, so years ago I worked on a political campaign. And whenever someone was mildly injured or avoided an injury we would say (say pinky was injured)

Your pinky is Temporary but the glory of the campaign is eternal. (We had a lot of Hockey players and fans, took a playoff mentality)

Now the candidate was like excuse me the first time he heard it.

But none the less,

Petry we love you, but your pinky is Temporary, the glory of a cup is eternal.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I dislocated and broke a pinky years ago. Mind you I was like 8 years old, but that was a bitch of an injury!
He's lucky it's only broken. Still takes a warrior to fight through this and play a physical NHL playoffs game the next day!

Edit:

"Hearing that Jeff Petry's last two fingers of his right hand were dislocated. "

Yeah, I am not sure how he can play hockey. I had to wear a cast that run up to almost my elbow that same night and for a couple of months.

Last edited:

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I dislocated and broke a pinky years ago. Mind you I was like 8 years old, but that was a bitch of an injury!
He's lucky it's only broken. Still takes a warrior to fight through this and play a physical NHL playoffs game the next day!

Edit:

"Hearing that Jeff Petry's last two fingers of his right hand were dislocated. "

Yeah, I am not sure how he can play hockey. I had to wear a cast that run up to almost my elbow that same night and for a couple of months.

I've dislocated my finger before. I was given a tiny little metal finger brace and that was it. If I was a pro athlete some tape and painkillers would have probably done the job.

Not a doctor but the severity definitely matters.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I've dislocated my finger before. I was given a tiny little metal finger brace and that was it. If I was a pro athlete some tape and painkillers would have probably done the job.

Not a doctor but the severity definitely matters.

You must be right!
The severity likely plays a major part in assessing potential treatment.

I'm sure Petry is in good hands.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
OK, let me explain the joke here.

Basically, I was building up the expectation of "calling up a talented rookie" so people assume I call for Romanov to be called

But then I subverted expectation by suggesting the ludicrous idea that we call Subban instead, as is "calling a talented Rookie PK Subban" should focus on the Subban part.

I will be here all week, 'cause either we sweep tonight or we are stuck watching more hockey

As they say, if you have to "explain the joke"....... well.....

Of course, I knew what you were doing it and I was participating. It's like in Deadpool, when he breaks the 4th wall of the 4th wall..... and the head explodes, mot literally, but figuratively (need to clarify that when referencing Deadpool).

I'll be here all week too, because there's actually something to get excited about.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
As they say, if you have to "explain the joke"....... well.....

Of course, I knew what you were doing it and I was participating. It's like in Deadpool, when he breaks the 4th wall of the 4th wall..... and the head explodes, mot literally, but figuratively (need to clarify that when referencing Deadpool).

I'll be here all week too, because there's actually something to get excited about.

Guys, I'm out

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Dale Weise said this type of injury and which fingers it affects is a piece of cake and very comfortable to play with.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Dude gets no respect, not even in the top 3 for the Norris this year and he deserved it IMO, at least over Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad