Kings News: Jeff Carter Activated; Will Play 11/25

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Would be appropriate to say "in before Vey and Toffoli do not live up to expectations in call up?"

One of our best players (arguably the best) just went out win an injury, I would say the entire teams expectations for success take a hit with Carter out.

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
obviously i would never hope that one of our top 4 players ever gets injured, but it is early in the season and this is a great opportunity to see Toffoli. If he thrives, it will only make us stronger when Carter comes back. I'm hoping that Toffoli thrives with Richie and then when Carter comes back, we can put him as the "third line" centre. It may also open up some more trade options.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Think of it this way ... in some ways it's GOOD that this is happening right now, because at least it's still early in the season, and personally I think the team (and fans, and broadcasters, heck everyone) was getting TOO entrenched in the mindset of get CARTER the puck, he's the ONLY ONE who can score. Maybe this will FORCE the rest of the team to realize that THEY need to be more accountable for the goals and not just rely on Jeff Carter to do it all, which as we've seen he hasn't been doing for the last couple weeks anyways, as other teams have been keying in on him.

KING - KOPITAR - WILLIAMS
VEY - RICHARDS - TOFFOLI
BROWN - STOLL - FRATTIN
CLIFFORD - LEWIS - NOLAN

... not sure how else you'd spread the rookies out ? or since Pearson-Vey-Toffoli had such chemistry in Manchester do you try and keep them together and with a strong defensive minded forward like Mike Richards that can cover their mistakes ? I still also don't like Brown on the Stoll line, he needs to be back with Kopitar if at all possible.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
I would swap Brown and Vey in your lineup.

How about ...

BROWN - KOPITAR - WILLIAMS
KING - RICHARDS - TOFFOLI
VEY - STOLL - FRATTIN
CLIFFORD - LEWIS - NOLAN
x = Fraser & Carcillo

yet again KING is the weak link everywhere you put him, I know he's been doing alright with Kopi, but ... but ... ahhhhk ... but ... he still sucks ;)

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I thought Vey was a C/RW. Has he played left wing before?

Nope, he's a RW/C. And hardly a RW.

King - Kopitar - Williams
Brown - Richards - Frattin
Clifford - Vey - Toffoli
Carcillo - Stoll - Lewis
Fraser/Nolan

Gives us balance... All four lines capable of scoring. Plus the familiarity factor with Vey/Toffoli.

CanadianKingsFan14

Jan 19, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Nope, he's a RW/C. And hardly a RW.

King - Kopitar - Williams
Brown - Richards - Frattin
Clifford - Vey - Toffoli
Carcillo - Stoll - Lewis
Fraser/Nolan

Gives us balance... All four lines capable of scoring. Plus the familiarity factor with Vey/Toffoli.

Thats the line up Id like to see, and yes it gives us balance. Vey and Toffoli already have chemistry together too.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
angry_rock_van_damm_gif.gif

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm actually excited that Carter is out, gives us a chance to see what Vey and Toffoli can bring to the table.

Woot woot!

Maybe one of them can steal in Rookie of the year trophy (Forgot what it's called, I blame my concussion.)

:)

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
I never like to see a player hurt, and Carter is one of the favorites of course, but I think it might shake the boys up enough to get some different players scoring. Also excited to see the young players get a shot.

Heal quickly 77, looking forward to seeing you on the ice again already.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I never like to see a player hurt, and Carter is one of the favorites of course, but I think it might shake the boys up enough to get some different players scoring. Also excited to see the young players get a shot.

Heal quickly 77, looking forward to seeing you on the ice again already.

Pretty much is how I see it. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad