Kings News: Jeff Carter Activated; Will Play 11/25

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
What does "IR" mean from a CBA standpoint. How long does someone have to be on IR before being re-activated.

And what's the threshold for LTIR?

Just trying to understand what the minimum amount of time he would be out for and still qualify for IR treatment (which allows us to make some roster moves and I assume some cap relief)

Any experts out there?

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I think its a week that he needs to stay there, although often guys are placed retroactively to cheat a little bit. And with the coming 4 day break, its a good a time as any to move Carter there if we want to recall the childrens.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
**** me sideways. There goes half our offense.

Truthfully, its already sort of been happening. Since that 4 goal start, he's had 1 goal in 10 games. Although I still think that's partially cause of him playing Center and not shooting as much.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
airplane-panic-o.gif

some of the kings that year were extras in that scene

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I guess Sutter doesn't have twitter....

jonathan davis ‏@westcoasthky 59s Sutter on Jeff Carter injury. "No one told me about it. If you got that from someone in the organization that is disappointing."

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
I guess Sutter doesn't have twitter....

jonathan davis ‏@westcoasthky 59s Sutter on Jeff Carter injury. "No one told me about it. If you got that from someone in the organization that is disappointing."

Nor even a telephone, apparently.

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
Everybody remain calm - it will be ok. Don't play til tomorrow and then another 4 day break after that. I would guess that Carter misses NSH & BUF for sure and likely VAN, but that he travels with the team and returns 11/12 @ BUF.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
some of the kings that year were extras in that scene

I'm pretty sure that's just video of these boards after our last loss

hopefully it's nothing bad, boot probably indicates that blocked shot folks were talking about, but Carter had foot issues before, so hope all is well. Rather have him back 100%. Take all the time you need, Carts!

KingKopitar11*

Call up the children! Not my homeboy Jeffrey. That sucks

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I dunno. Whenever a player gets hurt, teams go into super spy mode and it gets really annoying.

Perhaps. Sutter would be someone who would play the dumb card to the media, though his interview was weird. It makes you want to speculate like some sort of TMZ gossip site. Almost like he was mad at Lombardi, but that seems unlikely. :P Either way, there is not much to know and it is not like we won't know for much longer, these moves will happen rapidly, and we have a short break. Should know more soon enough.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
here is hoping he is not out long. I have not heard if it is retroactive to anything. So I am assuming it happened against San Jose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad