Kings News: Jeff Carter Activated; Will Play 11/25

Captain Mittens*

****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!

Mods, is it okay if we take off the profanity filter for this thread? I think it's more than warranted!

Lower body scares me, but I guess it can't be awful if he's been skating anyway. Right? ....right?!?? :cry:

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Now Mayor is reporting Carter will skate today. Interesting, to say the least.

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
Mods, is it okay if we take off the profanity filter for this thread? I think it's more than warranted!

Lower body scares me, but I guess it can't be awful if he's been skating anyway. Right? ....right?!?? :cry:

Seems like it's a minor injury the Kings are using to take advantage of the IR rules to get some call-ups without having to move too many personnel. Even injured, Carter was still out-racing people to pucks in games this week.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
airplane-panic-o.gif

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I recall Carter blocking a shot off the foot, but the good news was he finished the game. Perhaps this IR move is just to safely free up a roster spot for the next week or so, where we largey arent playing anyway, and the rookies can get a few practices in during their callup.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Seems like it's a minor injury the Kings are using to take advantage of the IR rules to get some call-ups without having to move too many personnel. Even injured, Carter was still out-racing people to pucks in games this week.

Beat me to it.

I recall Carter blocking a shot off the foot, but the good news was he finished the game. Perhaps this IR move is just to safely free up a roster spot for the next week or so, where we largey arent playing anyway, and the rookies can get a few practices in during their callup.

Yeah towards the end of regulation in the last game but he was out there for the GWG. Anyone who plays knows you can take a nasty shot in the boot and still skate. Once the skate comes off, that is a different story.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I wonder who else is coming besides Toffoli though. Vey? Pearson? We didn't have to waive Ellerby if just one was being recalled since Carter is going on IR, unless Dean is being sneaky and using one of Carter's small ailments to buy him an extra roster spot for a day or two since I bet any NHL player at any time could point at something and get a doctor's note.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
I wonder who else is coming besides Toffoli though. Vey? Pearson? We didn't have to waive Ellerby if just one was being recalled since Carter is going on IR, unless Dean is being sneaky and using one of Carter's small ailments to buy him an extra roster spot for a day or two since I bet any NHL player at any time could point at something and get a doctor's note.

The Mayor said Vey, and that theory on Carter seems about right. Carter wasn't 100% but not IR needy at all. Maybe waiting to deal Clifford or Fraser.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010

Vey was called up along with Toffoli.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah towards the end of regulation in the last game but he was out there for the GWG. Anyone who plays knows you can take a nasty shot in the boot and still skate. Once the skate comes off, that is a different story.

So true. I skated through a fractured foot (blocked shot on instep--always fun) with very little trouble. Once I changed after the game though, I cried like a baby while my foot swelled up to look like an eggplant :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad