Kings News: Jeff Carter Activated; Will Play 11/25

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm actually excited that Carter is out, gives us a chance to see what Vey and Toffoli can bring to the table.

Woot woot!

Maybe one of them can steal in Rookie of the year trophy (Forgot what it's called, I blame my concussion.)

:)

Anyone who thinks losing their top goal scorer is a good thing should have their heads examined. Hey, wouldn't it be great if Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Quick and Doughty all got hurt and the Kings just threw a roster of young, inexperienced players into the fire?

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Anyone who thinks losing their top goal scorer is a good thing should have their heads examined. Hey, wouldn't it be great if Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Quick and Doughty all got hurt and the Kings just threw a roster of young, inexperienced players into the fire?

I wouldn't say its a good thing, but its a great chance for them to crack the lineup even after carter comes back. I'm excited to see what they can do.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

We also shouldn't be on suicide watch over it either....injuries happen, it's a long season. All teams go through it, and we're going to have worse times than this before the season is through.

This is supposed to be an elite team, if they can't find a way to put the puck in the net with guys like Kopitar, Williams, Richards, Brown, Toffoli, Doughty....etc, than we got much bigger problems than losing Carter.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I keep hearing "leading goal scorer is hurt" this and that, people fail to realize that Carter and Williams are tied in goals, and Carter has just 1 in the the last 10 games.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
As long as we get him back by Thursday two weeks from now I think we'll be fine.

Needless to say, whatever the injury to our best player is (I’m not allowed to tweet my medical reports anymore… seems my inside source got a slap on the wrist/ass/penis) but it will likely keep him out for 3-4 weeks. UPDATE: BROKEN FOOT, OUT 4-6 WEEKS. Then again, I said Willie Mitchell wouldn’t play this year, so what the hell do I know?

http://bigmouthbarry.com/carter-hurtellerby-waivedvey-toffoli-called-up/

Lets hope he's wrong again.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

Dude, no one is happy that Carter is hurt. We're just all trying to look at the bright side of a dark situation, that's all.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
No, that's Dancing Boy saying that. Kings won't disclosed what the injury is. The secrecy of injuries in the playoffs has boiled over to the regular season the last couple of years. It's either upper or lower body injury nowadays.

Isn't Dancing Boy normally on point with injuries? I hope he's wrong on this one though.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
Nope, he's a RW/C. And hardly a RW.

King - Kopitar - Williams
Brown - Richards - Frattin
Clifford - Vey - Toffoli
Carcillo - Stoll - Lewis
Fraser/Nolan

Gives us balance... All four lines capable of scoring. Plus the familiarity factor with Vey/Toffoli.

I like the looks of those lines for sure.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kind of depressing that it takes an injury to Carter to get TT in the lineup, should have never come to that.

I am certainly sad that we will be without Carter for a few games, but I think long term if TT forces Sutter to play him, we will be for the better.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
No, that's Dancing Boy saying that. Kings won't disclosed what the injury is. The secrecy of injuries in the playoffs has boiled over to the regular season the last couple of years. It's either upper or lower body injury nowadays.

Isn't dancing boy, now one of the anchors on espn???

Top_Scorah19

Sep 4, 2006
Rotoworld:
Los Angeles Kings sniper Jeff Carter's foot injury is "nagging" at him, according to head coach Darryl Sutter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad