Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
at the combine he placed first in 5 different drills: Bench press, Wingate Mean Power Output, Grip Strength Left and Right hand, and standing long jump. He also placed in the top 5 for the vertical/squat/no arm jumps.

By not going to Northeastern next year like Harris did, he'll be eligible for the loophole where he can become a UFA after his Junior year. Look forward to seeing him play a year or two with Harris.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
It seems like a waste of a opportunity but I prefer an homerun pick than a safe pick. Lets go for the project

Still not a fan of the pick but better trust our management

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
at the combine he placed first in 5 different drills: Bench press, Wingate Mean Power Output, Grip Strength Left and Right hand, and standing long jump. He also placed in the top 5 for the vertical/squat/no arm jumps.

By not going to Northeastern next year like Harris did, he'll be eligible for the loophole where he can become a UFA after his Junior year. Look forward to seeing him play a year or two with Harris.
Damn i didn’t know that, that would realy suck. Do you think it’s the reason he choosed to go to the BCHL and choose whatever teams he wants to play for?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I don't really like the pick because I think it is too early, I had him early 4th round. Can't remember the last guy that dominated the combine without being highly rank and really had a impact at the NHL level.

If you are going D my pick would have been Kolyachono or Matthew Robertson.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I don't really like the pick because I think it is too early, I had him early 4th round. Can't remember the last guy that dominated the combine without being highly rank and really had a impact at the NHL level.

If you are going D my pick would have been Kolyachono or Matthew Robertson.

I was all-in on Vladislav, but Matthew doesnt a great offensive upside.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Damn i didn’t know that, that would realy suck. Do you think it’s the reason he choosed to go to the BCHL and choose whatever teams he wants to play for?

I don't know the details yet but I'll see what I can find out from Northeastern fans cause I don't get why he's not going there next year since they lost 2 defensemen in Davies and their captain Williams. They are looking at a very, very young defense next year as they will only have Shea, Carrabino and Murphy as upperclassman and Carrabino/Murphy barely played last year.

I have to check who else they have incoming though since they are looking at Shea Harris, Kislin Villella, Carrabino Murphy so that's not enough.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Ok, we can go that way. Why not just use a rng or pick based on whim? It's all a crapshoot anyways right? Hidden gems everywhere...

Scouting staffs actually, you know, scout in order to come up with a list.

If your drafting philosophy is to simply go by McKenzie's list, why even bother with hiring a scouting staff?

I get the impression you don't know much yourself about these kids. That's quite alright, most people don't and no one expects you to know the more obscure players unless it's your job to know these guys. Like, say, a scout.

People get way too caught up with those lists every year. There's a handful of posters on this board that actually care enough about the draft to go out of their way and scout these kids, and even then they never have access to all the info scouts can get their hands on.

Bear in mind, this isn't an appeal to authority type of argument, that's not the sort of trope I tend to rely on. But at some point you have to be honest with yourself and realize that it's not because you don't know a player very well that he can't be a good pick. Romanov was a very good example of that.

sameoldfury

Jan 23, 2017
I don't know the details yet but I'll see what I can find out from Northeastern fans cause I don't get why he's not going there next year since they lost 2 defensemen in Davies and their captain Williams. They are looking at a very, very young defense next year as they will only have Shea, Carrabino and Murphy as upperclassman and Carrabino/Murphy barely played last year.

I have to check who else they have incoming though since they are looking at Shea Harris, Kislin Villella, Carrabino Murphy so that's not enough.

Bucheler, Spott and Kesselring are all coming this year. Shea, Harris are sure to start with the remaining slots going to some combination of Kislin, Vilella and the three frosh. Coach Madigan said there are 4 dmen coming next season but couldn't name the 4th. It wouldn't surprise me to see Struble accelerated.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll put a wait and see on this one.. it sounds like an athlete with tools that they have to make a hockey player out of. They do love their gym rats, so I'm not surprised here.. I just liked some other D that went around this pick a lot more.

Reactions: Vachon23

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'll put a wait and see on this one.. it sounds like an athlete with tools that they have to make a hockey player out of. They do love their gym rats, so I'm not surprised here.. I just liked some other D that went around this pick a lot more.

weren't the same people saying that about K'Andre last year?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I know you watch alot of prospects and i give you credit for that but trust me dig a little more into struble, you'll fall in love, at least i did, i wanted Montreal to draft this kid with a second since late may and i cannot be more happy. People will call me crazy but i realy feel like he's one of those steam where he could end up being a #1 offensive Dman, he plays with poised, confidence... not afraid to join the rush, his skating from speed, fluidity to edgework is top notch... add on top of that he likes physical game, give this kid a good coach to polish his game and it's game over.

just watched his post-draft interview! seems like he hasn't fully decide where he goes and will evaluate his option! wich is good news! kid is so down to earth. Caufield and Struble was my dream pre-draft, i'm so thrilled.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know you watch alot of prospects and i give you credit for that but trust me dig a little more into struble, you'll fall in love, at least i did, i wanted Montreal to draft this kid with a second since late may and i cannot be more happy. People will call me crazy but i realy feel like he's one of those steam where he could end up being a #1 offensive Dman, he plays with poised, confidence... not afraid to join the rush, his skating from speed, fluidity to edgework is top notch... add on top of that he likes physical game, give this kid a good coach to polish his game and it's game over.

just watched his post-draft interview! seems like he hasn't fully decide where he goes and will evaluate his option! wich is good news! kid is so down to earth. Caufield and Struble was my dream pre-draft, i'm so thrilled.

I'll happily wait and see, I don't have enough exposure to the kid to make a justification on the pick.. I just really liked Knyazev, Koylachonok, Misyul and not only did we pass on them, we traded another pick away from them.. so it's probably one of the more strange drafts I've seen.

Reactions: CapSpace

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

any glaring deficiencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad