Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Like him. Plays physical. Good skater. Has offensive skill.

I don't like that he's playing BCHL next year. He played prep this year. Then BCHL then NCAA? We're not seeing this kid for at least 4 years. That kind of development path is usually for mid-rounders.

Should come play in the Q IMO

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I hate Timmins' classic "hidden gem", no-name US players. Guaranteed every year and pretty much every year it's a bust. Terrible development path for Struble and no international experience. Holding out hope that Struble, that I don't recall ever watching play, can break that mold.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa

I don't like that he's playing BCHL next year. He played prep this year. Then BCHL then NCAA? We're not seeing this kid for at least 4 years. That kind of development path is usually for mid-rounders.

I agree that usually this is for a mid-rounder but Jayden is so physically gifted that taking a chance on him is probably a good idea. He's that type of high reward player.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Picked too early.... better options that were still available.

Surely could have got him in 3rd round or later, and picked up either Vladislavv Kolyochonok, Nicholas Robertson or Brett Leason at 50.

Waiting 5 years for a kid in the mid 2nd round makes no sense, especially when he is not in the top 100 of rankings at most sites.

Last edited:
Reactions: varsaku

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

mid-rounders like Mark Jankowski?

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Pronman had him ranked 70th but graded him highly on Skating. Above average Puck Skills and Physicality, average Hockey Sense.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Seth Jones vibe when I watch him but projecting from the USHS is a crapshoot. Physical beast, scored 1st in the combine in a variety of tests, like the upside, had him 41, I preferred quite a few players over him though. I am not sure about the IQ, not that it is bad, I just don't know.

Reactions: Redux91

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Pronman had him ranked 70th but graded him highly on Skating. Above average Puck Skills and Physicality, average Hockey Sense.

Physically speaking, I'm not sure there's anyone in this draft that matches him and all things considered he's at least on par with his peers for hockey sense. His weaknesses are all things that can be taught and he'll have plenty of time for that.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
He was top 12 in every category (if my memory is right)
True, was referring to top 3 in most tests but still good enough, thanks!

On a different note, how long do they think he'll take before turning pro? Because I doubt Bouchard and co will still be in Laval by then... We'll need to assure that we keep finding good coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->