Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
mid-rounders like Mark Jankowski?

Jank went from prep school straight to NCAA, which is what O'Brien did too. I'd be fine if Struble went to NCAA or major junior. Don't like him going to a lower league like BCHL then NCAA.

Plus, Flames waited 5 years for Jank. 4 years NCAA, 1 AHL.

This kid could do 1 year BCHL, 4 years NCAA, and 1 year AHL, and be 24 by the time he makes the NHL.

That's fine for someone like Evans, who was a 7th rounder, but Struble was an early 2nd.

He needs to play at a higher competition next year.

Plus, I did say, "usually".

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I think it's worth taking a gamble on someone who's as physically gifted as he is. We got a solid first round pick a bunch of late picks I like this one.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Jank went from prep school straight to NCAA, which is what O'Brien did too. I'd be fine if Struble went to NCAA or major junior. Don't like him going to a lower league like BCHL then NCAA.

Plus, Flames waited 5 years for Jank. 4 years NCAA, 1 AHL.

This kid could do 1 year BCHL, 4 years NCAA, and 1 year AHL, and be 24 by the time he makes the NHL.

That's fine for someone like Evans, who was a 7th rounder, but Struble was an early 2nd.

He needs to play at a higher competition next year.

Plus, I did say, "usually".

I feel like the Habs could persuade him to take a different path if they didn't like it

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Yeah... thats because he didn’t play the u18 lol.

He would have been a 1st round pick if he played in the usntpd or CHL. Book it.
I really don't know him, it will be interesting to see him at the development camp. But I would like to know why he didn't play usntp or chl. Is it because he didnt got selected wasnt good enough or simply because that the path he choose ?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think it's worth taking a gamble on someone who's as physically gifted as he is. We got a solid first round pick a bunch of late picks I like this one.

My main question mark about this prospect is the route he is taking. Prep this year and BCHL next season. That's not very high level of hockey. As far as i know he never played in any major international tournament either (could be wrong about this one). Then NCAA only in 2020-2021. Guy wont be ready before 2025. That's 6 years from now. For a mid 2nd round pick not sure i like it that much.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
My main question mark about this prospect is the route he is taking. Prep this year and BCHL next season. That's not very high level of hockey. As far as i know he never played in any major international tournament either (could be wrong about this one). Then NCAA only in 2020-2021. Guy wont be ready before 2025. That's 6 years from now. For a mid 2nd round pick not sure i like it that much.

Yeah that's fair I'm hoping they change his mind

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Really solid pick from what I found online!!!!

Still mad we traded the 50th pick for number 64th....... We lost on a solid prospect with that pick!

Either Kniazev/Matthew Robertson/Kolyachonok/Bolduc/Etc....

To finally get Norlinder.....

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
I remember shutting down Noah Hanifin when he played for St. Sebastian's. If I could shut down Noah Hanifin who was drafted 5th overall, this means Struble's a bust :P

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I agree. It worries me.

Other than that he sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad