Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Crazy how few people want to root for our new players. Wonder why guys don’t want to come to Montreal...

Everyone here wants him to succeed, I don't know why you would even question that.

It's ok to be frustrated after the entire draft save the 1st round was legitimately questionable. The 2nd round in particular was very weird.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Sucks because Ive been defending his ass for so long, and now he goes and pulls this off :laugh:

In his interview, Timmins mentions their focus on drafting LDs, which is a clear indication that the Habs were drafting based on needs rather than BPA. That's rather disappointing.

He also mentions how the talent dropped off steeply in this draft (I think he meant dropped off earlier rather than later in the draft), which indicates to me that he thought it was a weaker draft.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
In his interview, Timmins mentions their focus on drafting LDs, which is a clear indication that the Habs were drafting based on needs rather than BPA. That's rather disappointing.

He also mentions how the talent dropped off steeply in this draft (I think he meant dropped off earlier rather than later in the draft), which indicates to me that he thought it was a weaker draft.

A lot of teams seemed to be drafting for need, many among the top 15. Incidently, habs went BPA in the 1st round at least.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

It is a weaker draft. Not particularly deep.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
clearly they thought it was a weak draft, next year's is slated to be much better, they stockpiled picks for it so expect lots of movement in 364 days...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Reminds me of the Harris pick in that both played in the USHS, one of the teams he faced this year played against Harris's team Kimball Union. Both great skating defensemen that turn 18 just before the NCAA season starts (Harris is a early July B-day, Struble early Sept) and both slated to go to a quality program with a very good coach.

Brian Boyle went to St.Sebastiens along with a few other former NHLers, Mike Grier, Rick DiPietro.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Like Romanov? I didn't think much of Struble before the pick but watching tape, his upside is massive - what a beast for being one of the youngest in draft. I think he will surprise a lot of people.
Yes, like Romanov. I like Struble, but there was so much talent on the board, and struble is the best pick of the bunch.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

BPA at 46+? I don’t think this exist unless you use hindsight evaluation 2 years from now!

However, The 4 LD’s in a row are evidence that we scouted LD’s very heavy.

I do think LW was a huge need as well though. I was hoping for Dorofeyev

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’ve been looking into Struble and I like what I have seen so far. Kind of reminds me of Subban when we drafted him in terms of skating, skill, toughness, and willing to jump in the play offensively.

Doesn’t turn 18 till Aug and the steep growth potential is there!

Handled himself very well in interviews too. Very confident young man!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's slated for NCAA 2020-2021 on EP, so I would guess it's either BCHL or QMJHL for him in 2019-2020.

Timmins said they expect him to go to Northeastern this fall. Struble said he's undecided and is open to taking any route. We know they'll have conversations about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad