Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Struble will be ready at the realistic earliest in two years. There's a expansion draft that year which means it's likely a lot of movement and Seattle could take a defenseman.
Yes. Romanov is coming in the season after next. Struble the season after in Chiarot’s 3rd season, the season where we will be the most pissed off that he is blocking the left. And at 3.5 mil Claude will feel like he has to have him the top 4. Kulak is way better then Chiarot. So I guess our beloved Mete is the one who will be shipped out, the Mete lovers will have a nice meltdown when that happens.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Yes. Romanov is coming in the season after next. Struble the season after in Chiarot’s 3rd season, the season where we will be the most pissed off that he is blocking the left. And at 3.5 mil Claude will feel like he has to have him the top 4. Kulak is way better then Chiarot. So I guess our beloved Mete is the one who will be shipped out, the Mete lovers will have a nice meltdown when that happens.
Strubble is very raw and probably 3 yrs away from the NHL, 3 yrs in the NCAA or 2 yrs + 1 AHL season... Im looking foward to watch Chairot play more, but I would be surprised if Kulak is better than him, Chairot also bring some physicality and we need that... At the very worst if Strubles has a crazy progression and is ready in 2 yrs from now, Chairot will be extremmely easy to move for the remainiing yr of his contract...

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Strubble is very raw and probably 3 yrs away from the NHL, 3 yrs in the NCAA or 2 yrs + 1 AHL season... Im looking foward to watch Chairot play more, but I would be surprised if Kulak is better than him, Chairot also bring some physicality and we need that... At the very worst if Strubles has a crazy progression and is ready in 2 yrs from now, Chairot will be extremmely easy to move for the remainiing yr of his contract...
Kulak is WAY better than Chariot. I watched Kulak very closely and he was improving every game, he’s very good, he does everything well, no flaws at all.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Yeah Kulak is solid and I like him alot, but lets see what Chiarot does first...
He won’t do shit but clog up our left side.

Mete
Kulak
Chiarot

Where is Romanov’s spot??
Where will Struble’s spot be??

3.5 million for a bottom pairing plug with Karakter who struggles to move a puck and has a big slap shot.

Bergevin strikes again!

Claude will feel pressure to play him in the top 4 because he makes too much money for the 3rd pairing. So the superior player (Kulak) will get the shaft. And next season people will be swearing when Romanov comes in and one of Kulak or Mete is traded because we have a big goon that we have to pay 3.5 million.

Struble will be NHL ready in Chiarot’s 3rd season, but there won’t be any room because Bergevin is causing a log jam.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He won’t do **** but clog up our left side.

Mete
Kulak
Chiarot

3.5 million for a bottom pairing plug with Karakter who struggles to move a puck and has a big slap shot.

Bergevin strikes again!

Claude will feel pressure to play him in the top 4 because he makes too much money for the 3rd pairing. So the superior player (Kulak) will get the shaft. And next season people will be swearing when Romanov comes in and one of Kulak or Mete is traded because we have a big goon that we have to pay 3.5 million.

Struble will be NHL ready in Chiarot’s 3rd season, but there won’t be any room because Bergevin is causing a log jam.
Everytimes I watched the Jets, I liked Chariot, I will have to watch more to comment further but he is a big body moving well, solid defensively and pretty physical, so far I like that signing and as I said, its highly unlikely Strubles is ready to jump in before Chairot's contract expires, while Romanov could need some AHL time... Kids will jump in full time when they are 100% NHL ready...

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Everytimes I watched the Jets, I liked Chariot, I will have to watch more to comment further but he is a big body moving well, solid defensively and pretty physical, so far I like that signing and as I said, its highly unlikely Strubles is ready to jump in before Chairot's contract expires, while Romanov could need some AHL time... Kids will jump in full time when they are 100% NHL ready...
Too many people just reading stat sheet. He's solid, brings a lot of pain - not the BEST in own end but still has value

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017

NHL legend Karl Alzner got bushed this past season and you’re worried that Chariot might “block” STRUBLE in 3 years?

Gear down, bro

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Considering that the Habs picked 15th in each round, they came up with promising athletes. There were two pleasant surprises" Caufield and Struble.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

Mete
Kulak
Chiarot

Bergevin strikes again!

You make it sound like we got three Norris trophy guys on the left side. We got some good prospects coming up , going to take 2-3 years for them and by then we'll possibly move Chiarot because his contract by then will be very reasonable.

The more assets you have the better. Would you be happier if we had NOTHING on the left side currently?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Mete
Kulak
Chiarot

Bergevin strikes again!

Struble has 2yrs of college hockey in front of him at the very least and Romanov is under contract in Russia this year.......so by the time Romanov shows up, Kulak and Reilly will be in their final year and by the time Struble arrives, Chiarot will be in his final year.......nobody is holding anyone back

Typical HF overreaction

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No.. all Chiarot and Alzner do is waste 2 contract slots and about the equivalent amount of money for a legit top 6 player; on two guys who are fringe NHLers.
We tried acquiring one of those via UFA and offersheet, it didn’t work.

If he’s acquiring one now, it’s via trade where money is swapped around and in the end we may take on an extra 2m$ and the last time I checked we have lots of cap space to absorb this.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
It's kind of cute that we think our NHL left handed defenseman and prospects will all go according to plan. That the 4 left d prospects will become top 4 D and that everyone on the left will disintegrate like Alzner rather than improve/maintain..

One season at a time kids. Eat the food on your plate, don't think about tasting the next 5 meals for a while

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's kind of cute that we think our NHL left handed defenseman and prospects will all go according to plan. That the 4 left d prospects will become top 4 D and that everyone on the left will disintegrate like Alzner rather than improve/maintain..

One season at a time kids. Eat the food on your plate, don't think about tasting the next 5 meals for a while

McGuire's seen Struble and Harris play a ton in high school. And he saw Romanov play in the World Juniors live. He thinks all 3 will be NHLers. But yes, I'll need to wait to see for myself.

I've seen Mete play a ton - at the age of 19 and 20, and when he should have been developing in the AHL, but we rushed him because the left side was crap. I think he has a better chance of being top 4 than not. But it will depend on what he becomes over the next 3 years. I give him to 25 to really know what he is.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Reactions: montreal

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Ok wow, that video was awesome. Kudos to whoever made it.

Minus the booming slap-shot, he looks like a left-handed Subban to me. His crossovers horizontally, with and without the puck, are something else. He's an obvious gym rat based on his numbers at the combine, for a 17 year old he's just a phenom athletically, and he looked like a man amongst boys in skating fluidity.

What a fun project he'll be. I really wish he'd go play in the OHL. That kid needs more game experiences. He doesn't need to evolve physically like Poehling did.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We tried acquiring one of those via UFA and offersheet, it didn’t work.

If he’s acquiring one now, it’s via trade where money is swapped around and in the end we may take on an extra 2m$ and the last time I checked we have lots of cap space to absorb this.

I don't understand what a failed offersheet has to do with tying up a lot of money for two fringe NHL defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad