Prospect Info: Jayden Struble, LD, St. Sebastians, Pick 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I left Fleury out because people have genrally been talking about him as a bottom pair guy. But I don't know his game well enough.

He is underrated. Needs to work at being reliable in his own end but he's got game. Fringe top 4D guy but could disappoint like Beaulieu.

Reactions: jaffy27

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Alzner's been speaking VERY highly of him. Wish he were at development camp... But ultimately there's no rush to label him. Will definitely be interesting to see him at main camp in 2020.

I think Fleury definitely has top 4 upside. I think he could handle being a #5-6 right now, so gotta be more upside than is currrent capacities.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Absolutely glowing account by the master of superlatives, Pierre McGuire this afternoon on 690, about Struble.

He offered this one interesting nugget -- had the Habs not taken him when they did, McGuire asserts that there were a bunch of teams ready to take Struble.
He's showed a lot good flashes in the scrimmage. Him and Harris have opened my eyes.

Reactions: Runner77

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Absolutely glowing account by the master of superlatives, Pierre McGuire this afternoon on 690, about Struble.

He offered this one interesting nugget -- had the Habs not taken him when they did, McGuire asserts that there were a bunch of teams ready to take Struble.

I'm curious, what else did he say ?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We don’t know whats his injury yet?

Yet to have heard anything. Hope it's not serious.

So how high do you think his upside is if you had to guess? I see that he's pretty boom or bust, I just don't know how much boom there is. Can't tell if there's real 1st pairing upside there.

Reactions: BobInNiagara

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Yet to have heard anything. Hope it's not serious.

So how high do you think his upside is if you had to guess? I see that he's pretty boom or bust, I just don't know how much boom there is. Can't tell if there's real 1st pairing upside there.
I think potential is sky high! All his attributes scream he could be a complete Dman, with physicality and offense! He only played highschool and never been challenged much. He’s only 17 and already very mature mentally and physically! To me his upside only depends on how coachable he is and how will he be able to adapt and follow a system! I’ve said it pre draft i wanted to draft this kid badly with one of our second and said he would have been a 1st round pick if he played in the CHL!

He’s a modern dman with a physical aspect. The types of one you win with. So hopefully his progression keeps going and even blossom more in a more professional hockey environment!

Locks

May 28, 2005
He made a pretty good impression in that scrimmage, too bad we did not get to see more of him. From the previous clips of him, his skating and puck-handling was pretty obvious and he did look like the early PK, so I was looking to see, as the poster above put it, the brain. While it was a very small sample size, I liked what I saw: he showed good poise with the puck and did not rush plays and was solid defensively. Hopefully he will be at the NEU and TSN will show some games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad