NBA James Harden Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

Someone from Miami sent that text to every single beat reporter yesterday telling them they're not pursuing Harden. Coincidentally or not, it came shortly after some guy asked Butler about trading for Harden during his presser. I'd lean towards them telling the truth but they could also just be trying to avoid a Lakers situation from two years ago when all of their young guys were in trade rumours every single day.

I believe his mom is basically like his agent/advisor now so that's probably why she's speaking to the media. Pelinka was his agent until he took the Lakers job and Harden never replaced him.

Pat Riely playing hard to get. That dude is the NBA version of what Leo DiCaprio is with supermodels.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What if he genuinely didn’t know? It was a big decision with a lot to consider. He wasn’t in a hurry to make it. I think he wanted to be a Laker but didn’t have the stomach to join LeBron. Most competitors want to beat their opponents, not join them.

Again, ‘led the Lakers on’ and ‘handcuffed them in free agency’ is tabloid bs. He was a first time free agent and took his time. He didn’t tell the Lakers to trade their whole team for Anthony Davis and rely on free agency to fill out the roster. That was their decision.

Kawhi isn’t someone that will cave to external pressure and always seems to do things at his own pace. The Lakers could respect it or don’t, but that doesn’t mean it was some conspiracy against them.
no i don't think he wanted to be a laker. there was no way he'd become the second or third option when he could sign with the clips and become the face of the franchise

well it's not really tabloid BS. the lakers said they just stopped hearing back from his camp. the clippers were always his #1 option and he was just waiting for them to trade for PG before making it official

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Piss off Harden... what a complete idiot he is being lately. Sure he is a great player but I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot poll... I really hope no team acquires this moron

Reactions: John Price

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I've seen 5 year olds more behaved than him.

That says a lot.

yup.. I have a 6 year old nefew that knows how to follow pandemic rules WAY better than this idiot.

And the gross part is, Harden will keep collecting his money and doing his thing and keep acting like a baby

Reactions: John Price

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
yup.. I have a 6 year old nefew that knows how to follow pandemic rules WAY better than this idiot.

And the gross part is, Harden will keep collecting his money and doing his thing and keep acting like a baby
Well, maybe not this season. If it's found that he's breaking Covid protocol that the NBA clearly outlined, he can be suspended without pay for the duration of time he has to quarantine.

Reactions: Voight

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Well, maybe not this season. If it's found that he's breaking Covid protocol that the NBA clearly outlined, he can be suspended without pay for the duration of time he has to quarantine.

I totally get that but when he is making the money he is making, losing out on 2 weeks or so of pay is nothing!!

that's like us missing out on 5 bucks on a paycheque haha

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I've about had enough of his shit and I would imagine that Rockets locker room has too.

Banish his bitch ass to Sacramento or some other shitty team if he wants to keep acting like a bitch

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I totally get that but when he is making the money he is making, losing out on 2 weeks or so of pay is nothing!!

that's like us missing out on 5 bucks on a paycheque haha
While true, it doesn't just stop there. The NBA has the ability to deem him non-compliant and suspend him further without pay as punishment for potentially putting others at risk.

The quarantine time is a given - additional time on top of that can add up based on just how stupid James Harden wants to act.

If I'm Adam Silver, I'm dropping the hammer on Harden. Set the precedent. We're literally one day into the regular season and this idiot is out partying without a mask on when it's been clearly defined in the NBA's new protocols that you can't do ANY of what he did.

I'd be requiring him to sit out without pay until he gives a succession of negative tests, then I'd be suspending him for 5+ games.

Sep 19, 2008
It's a player driven league

He can't be punished without the NBAPA raising hell

Another issue with this stupid league

Sep 19, 2008
While true, it doesn't just stop there. The NBA has the ability to deem him non-compliant and suspend him further without pay as punishment for potentially putting others at risk.

The quarantine time is a given - additional time on top of that can add up based on just how stupid James Harden wants to act.

If I'm Adam Silver, I'm dropping the hammer on Harden. Set the precedent. We're literally one day into the regular season and this idiot is out partying without a mask on when it's been clearly defined in the NBA's new protocols that you can't do ANY of what he did.

I'd be requiring him to sit out without pay until he gives a succession of negative tests, then I'd be suspending him for 5+ games.
If the league was competent Silver would sanction him

Of course Silver has no backbone though and wouldn't dare punish a player. Again, player driven league. Can't upset those players. Player: "WE FEEL LIKE OWNER IS BAD. WE WANT MORE SOCIAL JUSTICE. WE WANT OWNERS TO BE CALLED 'GOVERNORS'"

Silver: Whatever you want I'll do

:laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he shouldn't be allowed to play until he's completed a quarantine. doesn't matter if he had it already, reinfections are rare but possible. can't risk exposing so many others

not much more the league can do aside from that and probably a fine for breaking protocol

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If the league was competent Silver would sanction him

Of course Silver has no backbone though and wouldn't dare punish a player. Again, player driven league. Can't upset those players. Player: "WE FEEL LIKE OWNER IS BAD. WE WANT MORE SOCIAL JUSTICE. WE WANT OWNERS TO BE CALLED 'GOVERNORS'"

Silver: Whatever you want I'll do

:laugh:
Yeah the last person I'd want overseeing this situation is Adam Silver. He's way, way too worried about being liked by the players and will cater to their every demand.

I don't see any way he punishes James Harden to the extent it deters others from doing the same thing. He should, but he won't.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Yeah the last person I'd want overseeing this situation is Adam Silver. He's way, way too worried about being liked by the players and will cater to their every demand.

I don't see any way he punishes James Harden to the extent it deters others from doing the same thing. He should, but he won't.
Stern would have suspended him for half the season.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Stern had authority too. Players didn't like it but he ruled with a heavy hand.

He fined the Spurs for "basketball reasons" rofl. He was critiqued for that.

He also said "Play your damn players and don't have them sit out."

Silver is just a player stooge.
If the union was smart they would talk to the harden and other players about not pushing player empowerment to far. The last thing they want is owners of large market franchises with a lot of power being mad at the players in the next cba.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Banish his bitch ass to Sacramento or some other shitty team if he wants to keep acting like a bitch
That is what I would do.

I can't imagine any team wanting to give up too much for him at this point, due to how much of a locker-room cancer he is.

So if you aren't going to get much, then why not trade him somewhere he doesn't want to go to?

The most he could do is refuse to report and then he would find himself on the suspension list with no pay.

Trade him to some team for "future considerations", with the future considerations being conditional on him reporting.

That way Houston gets rid of him and sends him where he doesn't want to go, and the team acquiring him doesn't give up anything if he refuses to report.

The only loser in that would be James Harden.

Reactions: awfulwaffle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad