NBA James Harden Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yes, maybe trading him to someplace he doesn't want to go will damage your return. In that case, you wouldn't trade him to one of those places, if the return is better from a team that he wants to go to.

The point of asking all 29 other teams to submit their best offers is to take back control of the process. To not let James Harden dictate this process.

Might he end up going to one of his preferred destinations anyways? Yes, if they are the ones who submit the best offer.

But to basically take the approach of needing his approval before you even pursue a trading partner? That is ridiculous. You can't be allowing him to control the process like that.

Giving him that control eliminates any chance at all of obtaining the best possible trade for him, because it eliminates all but a few teams. It also sets a very bad precedent for any player in the future who has thoughts of trying to manipulate you or coerce you.

There's nothing anyone can do to take control away from Harden. He's James Harden. That's it. No team is going to short themselves to make a point.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yes, maybe trading him to someplace he doesn't want to go will damage your return. In that case, you wouldn't trade him to one of those places, if the return is better from a team that he wants to go to.

The point of asking all 29 other teams to submit their best offers is to take back control of the process. To not let James Harden dictate this process.

Might he end up going to one of his preferred destinations anyways? Yes, if they are the ones who submit the best offer.

But to basically take the approach of needing his approval before you even pursue a trading partner? That is ridiculous. You can't be allowing him to control the process like that.

Giving him that control eliminates any chance at all of obtaining the best possible trade for him, because it eliminates all but a few teams. It also sets a very bad precedent for any player in the future who has thoughts of trying to manipulate you or coerce you.
And what is the point of asking all 29 teams if 26 of those teams will simply reply "he isn't re-signing here so we're not interested"?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Harden is willing to show up and play hard then I don't think the acquiring team should worry about him extending or not. He still has two guaranteed years left on his deal and at the end of that he'll be 33 years old so do you even want to lock yourself into something long-term? Harden doesn't exactly seem like someone who'll age well.

The flip side would be can you let him walk if you give up a bunch of future unprotected picks and I'd guess most teams would say you can't and would give him whatever he wants with an extension.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
All the divas in the NBA can make it difficult to watch or support.

It is an entertaining game to watch, but most of the personalities in the sport are very unlikeable.
It's not entertaining and the divas make it very difficult to watch

All the three point shooting, all the complaining about "I WON'T PLAY FOR THIS TEAM I MUST PLAY HERE WITH MY FRIENDS TO CHASE RINGS", it's insufferable

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Anybody know how reliable this John Granato is ???? I just can't see Boston trading Brown plus ( probably a lot of ) other assets for Harden.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Championship contenders don't need Harden.

Toronto is a championship contender.

I do not know if we are really a contender.

We sure are a top 5 team in the East.

We do lack a #1 option... which Harden is.

That being said, we already have too many guards and our biggest need would be a high-end big. I do not think Harden is a good fit in Toronto.

Unless Siakam takes another step forward, Raps need a real superstar to be a REAL contender.

Reactions: sparxx87

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I do not know if we are really a contender.

We sure are a top 5 team in the East.

We do lack a #1 option... which Harden is.

That being said, we already have too many guards and our biggest need would be a high-end big. I do not think Harden is a good fit in Toronto.

Unless Siakam takes another step forward, Raps need a real superstar to be a REAL contender.

You cant win with players like Harden. Sure he'll throw up a gazillion shots and score a bunch of points as a result, but you'll never win a chip with a guy like him.

Reactions: John Price

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You cant win with players like Harden. Sure he'll throw up a gazillion shots and score a bunch of points as a result, but you'll never win a chip with a guy like him.

Why?

If not for CP getting injured in game 5 they probably knock off GS and go all the way.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
wont be watching the raps if we trade for him.. do not want him on my team and will not support a team with that diva on it.. see ye in 2023 when his contract is up if raps get him lol

darko

Feb 16, 2009
wont be watching the raps if we trade for him.. do not want him on my team and will not support a team with that diva on it.. see ye in 2023 when his contract is up if raps get him lol

Did you support Kawhi when he was a diva?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
i wasn't a big fan of kawhi and his resting but he is atleast tolerable and mostly quiet... harden is unbearable.. plus he sucks underpressure.. kawhi was proven.

Kawhi tried to force a trade to SoCal and openly said he will not play for Toronto. Raps were going to sit him for a year. Kawhi is as big diva as anyone.

Reactions: Stylizer1

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Also before current sulking, what is it that makes Harden a diva?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Kawhi tried to force a trade to SoCal and openly said he will not play for Toronto. Raps were going to sit him for a year. Kawhi is as big diva as anyone.
Kawhi wanted out after being pressured to play injured. He was being criticized by the organization, the media, and even his teammates for not jeopardizing his body when he wasn’t right. Agree or disagree, but as a pro athlete you can understand his interest in protecting his body.

His preferred destination was LA. Where did he say he will not play for Toronto? To my knowledge, that was media members who’re paid to generate views. Adding some tabloid type drama to the story will always create more buzz, even if completely fabricated. Obviously Toronto wasn’t his preferred destination but he came and did everything asked of him. It was obvious he was nursing an injury at certain points but nobody cared that he missed 20 games in the regular season because his job was to help win 16 in the playoffs. He did that.

Harden had an entire organization build around him exactly as he wanted (while mortgaging the future to do so). After it continually failed, quite predictably I might add, he wants to hang it all on them and get out? It doesn’t get much more gutless than that.

No surprise they never won with this type of character (or lack thereof) leading the group.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Kawhi wanted out after being pressured to play injured. He was being criticized by the organization, the media, and even his teammates for not jeopardizing his body when he wasn’t right. Agree or disagree, but as a pro athlete you can understand his interest in protecting his body.

His preferred destination was LA. Where did he say he will not play for Toronto? To my knowledge, that was media members who’re paid to generate views. Adding some tabloid type drama to the story will always create more buzz, even if completely fabricated. Obviously Toronto wasn’t his preferred destination but he came and did everything asked of him. It was obvious he was nursing an injury at certain points but nobody cared that he missed 20 games in the regular season because his job was to help win 16 in the playoffs. He did that.

Harden had an entire organization build around him exactly as he wanted (while mortgaging the future to do so). After it continually failed, quite predictably I might add, he wants to hang it all on them and get out? It doesn’t get much more gutless than that.

No surprise they never won with this type of character (or lack thereof) leading the group.

At the time of the trade he said he won't play for Toronto. Changed his mind days later. For obvious reasons.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Why?

If not for CP getting injured in game 5 they probably knock off GS and go all the way.

Because shitting on someone for being a loser - which I don't agree with one bit- is more fun than thoughtful analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino