NBA James Harden Trade Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
At the time of the trade he said he won't play for Toronto. Changed his mind days later. For obvious reasons.
I just never heard him say that. I only heard ESPN with their ‘according to league sources’ which tend to be wrong more often than they’re right.

He grew up and played his entire life in the south west so I can understand why a move to the north east wasn’t all that appealing.. but he came in, did his job, and looked like the best player in the world through April, May and June which is why the Raptors gambled on him in the first place.

Disappointing that he left, but it’s hard to be mad at Kawhi for what he did as a Raptor.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Im not a big fan of Harden, he has character issues, plays ISO ball way too much, zero care of the defensive end and has never shown the leadership or clutch gene to help his team get to that next level.

That being said, he would instantly become 1a or 1b as the most talented player to ever wear the jersey. Chances of him becoming a Raptor? Must be close to none IMO... Everything the team has done has had the vision of cap flexibility for this coming off season. Harden jeopardizes that, has no fit stylistically with the teams identity (which the Raps place a much higher value on than most teams), plus there is the fact he seems out of shape, and unwilling to move without having complete control.

If.. If by some massive miracle the Rockets would take a combination of our depth players along with a future pick or 2 or 3.. Nothing that immediately mortgages the future then you have to listen. You still cant win in this league without a true superstar.. Or at least that's what history tells us. Highly unlikely, but you always need to at least listen to acquiring a player on that level.

Reactions: hockey20000

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
how much weight has harden put on? he looks like 20-30 pounds 0.0? or maybe just a bad picture i seen..

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Someone from Miami sent that text to every single beat reporter yesterday telling them they're not pursuing Harden. Coincidentally or not, it came shortly after some guy asked Butler about trading for Harden during his presser. I'd lean towards them telling the truth but they could also just be trying to avoid a Lakers situation from two years ago when all of their young guys were in trade rumours every single day.

Report: James Harden throws ball at teammate in practice - TSN.ca

report harden threw ball at houston rookie player lol and even his mother is talking to the media about the tension between him and houston. i guess harden is a momma's boy not surprising giving his diva attitude :laugh::laugh::popcorn:

I believe his mom is basically like his agent/advisor now so that's probably why she's speaking to the media. Pelinka was his agent until he took the Lakers job and Harden never replaced him.

Reactions: hockey20000
Sep 19, 2008
Maybe he was just passing the ball to this kid. It happens so rarely that maybe nobody really knew what Harden making a pass looks like ???? :laugh:
we've tussled before but I am fairly certain the Celtics would never stoop so low as to trade for someone like Harden

he is simply not an elite player that wins titles

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
pop traded kawhi to toronto as a way of saying f*ck you for him trying to force his way out of SA. basically said "you want to play in socal, ok i'll trade you to the furthest place from there" fortunately for kawhi and the raptors, it was the perfect scenario

i think calling harden a diva is warranted. he beefed with mchale and they fired him. he beefed with dwight and they got rid of him. he beefed with cp3 and they also got rid of him. now he wants out as soon as the rockets are no longer a top team in the WC. kawhi puts on that quiet, no-emotion front but he's a snake behind the scenes. never heard of him having beef with anyone though

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Kawhi also dominated at both ends of the court and didn't show up to the season fat and out of shape to a team built for and around him. I'm surprised someone like Harden has so many supporters still, the guy is a walking brand first and foremost and doesn't have the full respect of fellow players past or present when it comes to being one of the best in the game. His offense can't be denied but it's pretty clear he doesn't garner the same level of respect as other elite players do when talking about who is truly the best. His game is largely predicated on cherry picking and drawing fouls, and he rarely shows all-in effort.

Is Harden a great basketball player? Of course. He's also a cash cow who gets tons of attention, and the NBA is good at capitalizing on these things. I wish the guy the best but I am not a believer, imagine being someone who fights tooth and nail for a chance at the show and seeing this guy trot into practice with a beer belly.

Reactions: Voight

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
pop traded kawhi to toronto as a way of saying f*ck you for him trying to force his way out of SA. basically said "you want to play in socal, ok i'll trade you to the furthest place from there" fortunately for kawhi and the raptors, it was the perfect scenario

i think calling harden a diva is warranted. he beefed with mchale and they fired him. he beefed with dwight and they got rid of him. he beefed with cp3 and they also got rid of him. now he wants out as soon as the rockets are no longer a top team in the WC. kawhi puts on that quiet, no-emotion front but he's a snake behind the scenes. never heard of him having beef with anyone though
Not sure that’s true. I think uncle Dennis is a snake but the Clippers offered Kawhi the world, he didn’t have to scheme for it. They apparently included a list in their presentation of potential players to pair him with. George was on that list. Kawhi didn’t propose the idea, he accepted the Clippers offer.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Report: James Harden throws ball at teammate in practice - TSN.ca

report harden threw ball at houston rookie player lol and even his mother is talking to the media about the tension between him and houston. i guess harden is a momma's boy not surprising giving his diva attitude :laugh::laugh::popcorn:

What a loser. Complete opposite of a team player.

I believe his mom is basically like his agent/advisor now so that's probably why she's speaking to the media. Pelinka was his agent until he took the Lakers job and Harden never replaced him.

Heck, you don't really need an agent when you're at that level. LeBron would've gone without one a while ago if it wasnt his longtime friend.

Not sure that’s true. I think uncle Dennis is a snake but the Clippers offered Kawhi the world, he didn’t have to scheme for it. They apparently included a list in their presentation of potential players to pair him with. George was on that list. Kawhi didn’t propose the idea, he accepted the Clippers offer.

Thats just it - he had all the leverage in the world but it was the Clips who were willing to do whatever it took. Its not like when Bron went back to Cleveland he made it apparent they needed to trade for a 3rd star; Kawhi didn't force any moves.

He won a title in Toronto without forcing them to make any moves; he strikes me as a guy who'd love a sidekick but wont let it get in the way of him playing for a team. Just loves to hoop.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that's true. but i meant it more so in regards to how he led the lakers on and basically handcuffed them in free agency all while knowing he was going to sign with the clippers and just waiting on them to trade for another star

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
we've tussled before but I am fairly certain the Celtics would never stoop so low as to trade for someone like Harden

We have but I'm fairly certain it was not done too seriously - at least it wasn't from my end. The Lakers are like the Habs to me - I hate them with a passion but I grudgingly respect their history.

I am fairly certain the Celtics would never stoop so low as to trade for someone like Harden

he is simply not an elite player that wins titles

I agree......and I sure hope Danny Ainge does too.

Reactions: John Price

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

He needs to be put into quarantine for 2 weeks and suspended without pay.

You can't have him around teammates, other players, or league officials.

Even if he tests negative, he needs to be suspended without pay as a punishment.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yeah. They want Simmons from Philadelphia so they’re trying to push with the threat of trading to their competition.

Great sales tactic but I can’t imagine it’ll work in this instance.
I don't see too many teams as a fit for Harden. On the Raptors he would have to play defense and on the 76ers Embiid would want the ball more than Harden would want to give it up.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Harden doing everything possible to get out of Houston. Not the guy I'd want leading my team.

Reminds me when Butler was starting fights with Wiggins/KAT and then he did the same in Philly, at least he repaired his rep this year in Miami.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
that's true. but i meant it more so in regards to how he led the lakers on and basically handcuffed them in free agency all while knowing he was going to sign with the clippers and just waiting on them to trade for another star
What if he genuinely didn’t know? It was a big decision with a lot to consider. He wasn’t in a hurry to make it. I think he wanted to be a Laker but didn’t have the stomach to join LeBron. Most competitors want to beat their opponents, not join them.

Again, ‘led the Lakers on’ and ‘handcuffed them in free agency’ is tabloid bs. He was a first time free agent and took his time. He didn’t tell the Lakers to trade their whole team for Anthony Davis and rely on free agency to fill out the roster. That was their decision.

Kawhi isn’t someone that will cave to external pressure and always seems to do things at his own pace. The Lakers could respect it or don’t, but that doesn’t mean it was some conspiracy against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad