Eklund Rumor: Jake Muzzin to MTL

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
I don't know how anyone can support such a strategy when they see cup winners left and right built around an elite core of top drafted players. That's the thing , everybody thinks they are the exception to the rule , but I will never root for the least likely scenario, it's purely illogical.

Yes, most "very good" teams have had high draft picks to bring in the elite talent.

However some teams with historically very good draft picks, have been bad (Edmonton, Buffalo until recently, Toronto until Matthews, Arizona)

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
So, an Eklund Muzzin rumor from MTL..

Ryder+Halak+2nd

Seriously, though-1st+solid winger prospect.

Marc Bergevin

Nov 2, 2018
Quebec
It is impossible that I am trading our prospects for a guy that is 30 years old... I want to build a team that will be a Stanley Cup contender in 3 or 4 years ! So look at how I want my team to look in near future.

1 : DOMI KOTKANIEMI KAKKO*
2: DROUIN POEHLING SUZUKI
3: TATAR DANAULT GALLAGHER
4:LEHKONEN OLOFSSON OR EVANS BYRON

1: DERMOTT* WEBER
2: METE BROOK
3: REILLY JUULSEN
FLEURY

1: PRICE
2: PRIMEAU

* I want Bergevin to try everything to try to draft KAPO KAKKO he will instantly gets chemistry with KOTKANIEMI AND IT WILL BE IN INFERNAL DUO FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS and on top of that we add DOMI. So MB need to make a trade for him or to Tank....
*Dermott would certainly came from a trade Toronto-Montreal it would be PETRY ( in 2018) for Dermott and a 2nd round pick in 2018 or 2019 )
*HUDON, Shaw gets trade or waive

So here is my vision of the future for the Montreal Candiens... our secret to become a stanley cup contender is the prospects and young players, we dont need 30 years old guys !

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yes, most "very good" teams have had high draft picks to bring in the elite talent.

However some teams with historically very good draft picks, have been bad (Edmonton, Buffalo until recently, Toronto until Matthews, Arizona)

No strategy is 100% guaranteed but a hybrid rebuild strategy where some of your best players are in their 30's and you're still missing at least 2 key pieces that you can usually only get by drafting in the top3/5. I just find betting on the least likely scenario to occur is just bad strategy. It certainly not in line with all the up and coming teams that are surrounded by elite talent they drafted and groomed.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
The last thing the Habs should be doing at this point is trading their 1st and prospects for a soon-to-be 30 year old defenseman.

IMO they should go with the flow for the next 2 years, pass on being buyers, pass on giving out long term deals in free agency, and just re-stock their cupboard and wait for their prospects to develop.

After a couple of years they should have a better idea of where they really are in terms of being seriously competitive, and should have a better idea of what they need to reach the next level.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

John B

Nov 19, 2016
31 year old Price.
33 (soon 34) Weber.
29 (soon 30) Petry.

Seems to be important pieces that need to be exploited before they will become pieces you will have to replace with equivalent prospects.

Or do Franchise D and G appear out of thin air?

giphy.gif
If the Habs are building around 30 something players their Cup window will be pretty short and this team will be right back in this position soon. Muzzin has 2 years left on his deal and then he could decide to go elsewhere. That's 2 guaranteed years of service if he doesn't resign.

IMO 2 guaranteed years of a player isn't enough for me to give up high end assets unless the team is a contender now. I consider a team to be a contender if they are in the top tier of teams in the league (so among the Cup favorites).

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
1st+prospect is some ridiculous price? You've read the Petry thread...right, apparently the price for him is 1st+1st+Liljegren+another pick...that would get us 2 Muzzins!!!
Petry generates offense on his own, does Muzzin do that?

You do understand that offense is invaluable in this new NHL don’t you.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
1st+prospect is some ridiculous price? You've read the Petry thread...right, apparently the price for him is 1st+1st+Liljegren+another pick...that would get us 2 Muzzins!!!
Exactly what i was about to say lol. If Habs fans think Petry is worth more than Muzzin, they clearly are homers. That being said, Habs should target a guy like Brodin instead. Fit better with the age core. I wouldn’t pay a the asking price for Muzzin. Brodin is a complete other story for me.

Reactions: Vachon23

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
A 1st+prospect is a ridiculous price for where the position our team is in.Wasting a 1st and a good prospect would be the worst thing we could do.
Ya i've read the Petry thread where the Leafs offer up their 1st and Bracco and expect us to accept it.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Exactly what i was about to say lol. If Habs fans think Petry is worth more than Muzzin, they clearly are homers. That being said, Habs should target a guy like Brodin instead. Fit better with the age core. I wouldn’t pay a the asking price for Muzzin. Brodin is a complete other story for me.
Petry > Muzzin

I don’t know what sport you are watching.
Petry’s offense is just getting better and better on top of it. Muzzin is Muzzin, solid defensively and creates a bit of offense.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Petry > Muzzin

I don’t know what sport you are watching.
Petry’s offense is just getting better and better on top of it. Muzzin is Muzzin, solid defensively and creates a bit of offense.

but defensively, Muzzin is >>>>>>>>> Petry. The latter is a wreck in his own end.

Reactions: Vachon23

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
but defensively, Muzzin is >>>>>>>>> Petry. The latter is a wreck in his own end.
GTFOH LMAO Petry is a good defender, you clearly don’t watch him play. And who does Petry have the pleasure of having as a defense partner? No one that’s who!

Petry >> Muzzin on offense

Muzzin > Petry on defense

Offense IS WORTH MORE plain and simple

But this is just reality, I don’t know where YOU live.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
A 1st+prospect is a ridiculous price for where the position our team is in.Wasting a 1st and a good prospect would be the worst thing we could do.
Ya i've read the Petry thread where the Leafs offer up their 1st and Bracco and expect us to accept it.
I will give an honest response...no jokes, no BS. Right now the Habs look like a playoff team...5 points separatiin from the closest team and playing above what most thought. I think if that continues, MB changes direction and shoots to make the post season. The Habs could use a solid LHD...and a mid 1st+ might be something MB considers.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I will give an honest response...no jokes, no BS. Right now the Habs look like a playoff team...5 points separatiin from the closest team and playing above what most thought. I think if that continues, MB changes direction and shoots to make the post season. The Habs could use a solid LHD...and a mid 1st+ might be something MB considers.
Sure we look like a playoff team. Will Muzzin put us over the top.Not a chance.
So I don't think the Habs should be sacrificing any future pieces if we're not true contenders.
Now the Leafs are true contenders. They are the team that should be willing to trade some young assets and even overpay if it gives them a better shot at the cup.Their time is NOW. The Habs have a ways to go.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
No, i'm really not. I haven't bashed Petry in any post....i haven't bashed any Habs player...their GM or the franchise at all. I will however post an opinion if a trade proposal is in sane....and 1st+1st+Liljegren+pick for Petry is insane, especially when some of the same posters are saying 1st+prospect is to much for Muzzin.

It is an insane price to pay for Petry. Not sure who proposed that tbh

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Sure we look like a playoff team. Will Muzzin put us over the top.Not a chance.
So I don't think the Habs should be sacrificing any future pieces if we're not true contenders.
Now the Leafs are true contenders. They are the team that should be willing to trade some young assets and even overpay if it gives them a better shot at the cup.Their time is NOW. The Habs have a ways to go.
I actually agree. The problem is, GMs are weird....if you guys are close or in a playoff spot...some GMs will make a move to bolster the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad